Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Overheard in Railway St

The Kingdom will make a formal request to Dundrum to speak to John Clarke about the vacant senior football managers job.

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 18, 2022, 11:51:52 AM
Overheard in Railway St

The Kingdom will make a formal request to Dundrum to speak to John Clarke about the vacant senior football managers job.
Truth Hurts,don't be a Smurphy

Johnnysboys

Oh my god could Mark Doran be any further up Kilcoos behind??? Listened to that load of balls podcast earlier and oh my good - talk about putting yourself into the window to manage them at some stage - sweet lord..

sdg

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 18, 2022, 03:12:09 PM
Oh my god could Mark Doran be any further up Kilcoos behind??? Listened to that load of balls podcast earlier and oh my good - talk about putting yourself into the window to manage them at some stage - sweet lord..
Johnny don't know what's worse, u think Doran would be even be considered by kilcoo, or someone actually listens to them idiots on a load of balls

Truth hurts

Quote from: sdg on February 18, 2022, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 18, 2022, 03:12:09 PM
Johnny don't know what's worse, u think Doran would be even be considered by kilcoo, or someone actually listens to them idiots on a load of balls

I used to listen to it but I could not listen to another week of talking about the same thing ie Kilcoo.
I admire Kilcoo but JC Dorny never quits about them, wee doc, Shealy, Dabs, wee Lav, he even has their wee pet names. He would jump to be involved with them LOL

Ed Hardy

Who wouldn't want to be involved with that set up lol I personally think Load of Balls is brilliant podcast.

Hopefully will see an improved Down performance this week after getting another 2weeks of training, massive ask to get a win away to Meath tho. Any idea of sort team will be lining out?  Hopefully Dan Guinness and Pearse Laverty are back for it. I take Kilcoo boys won't be back for another while?

Hard2Listen2

Team named today looks to be as strong as is available.
Good individuals but remains to be seen if they can play as a team & in any sort of system.
As would be expected no Kilcoo lads involved. They have to be allowed some down time.
A few injuries still ruling lads out.

mourneman9194

Yes the team is probably as strong as it can probably be, but it doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Thought McMahon would have deserved to keep his place in nets, is he injured? If B O'Hagan has a quiet game I really struggle to see where scores are going to come from in the forward line. Massive game for both sides, Meath will no doubt be approaching this game in the same manner as us.

urbangael

Huge game and most likely the loser of down v meath is going to div 3.  Have to say I agree with the LOB Dorney is pure repetitive and jnr is hard to listen to. Very hard to listen to a full episode so time to tune out. The Gaa social with Thomas Niblock on the other hand is pure quality. A proper podcast.

Johnnysboys

I used to listen to it but I could not listen to another week of talking about the same thing ie Kilcoo.
I admire Kilcoo but JC Dorny never quits about them, wee doc, Shealy, Dabs, wee Lav, he even has their wee pet names. He would jump to be involved with them LOL
[/quote]

It's been a hard listen in last couple of weeks in fairness. Dorny just gets a point and goes on and on and on about it. Sickening to say the least. Clichés galore as he is speaking too. But don't rule him out of being in there - him and Jerome senior are big mates and he did win 2 league titles with Castlewellan in his time with them. Seems to get the jobs too - in with Tally with the county for few years and now ballybay who are a top team in Monaghan. The podcast can be interesting at times with coaches offering good insights into their coaching philosophies and preparation of teams etc.

Delighted to see young Jack McCartan get a start at weekend. A fantastic player at club level consistently - now has to step up and deliver at this level. Yet again we are playing natural wing half backs in wing forward positions - are we going defensive again??

ardtole

Both Mooney and OHagan like to attack from half back, so it would make sense for a half forward to drop back to act as cover.

Leftmidfield

Is the Armagh game on BBC iPlayer? It isn't coming up on their  list of games. Do you have to wait until closer to the time before it shows on their schedule?

thewobbler

Yeah it is.

Look in the sports category closer to 5.30

Leftmidfield

Quote from: thewobbler on February 19, 2022, 12:07:11 PM
Yeah it is.

Look in the sports category closer to 5.30
Cheers Wobbler !

Mourne Rover

It is a massive game in Navan tomorrow against opponents who have regularly beaten us over recent years, and the losers can expect to be in D3 next year.
Any indications if there will be a pitch inspection in the morning ?