Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Better than Harvey getting it.

inowbest

Congrats to mickey Kerr on election. Fixtures went really well last year and May have played a big part in his election. Who will do that job now? Not trying to wind up anyone here just interested to know what the big fear would have been if harvey would have got in? Would clubs hav suffered in your opinion?

southtyronegael

anyone know mickey kerrs politics? im guessin being a carrickmore man he wouldnt be in the mickey brigade?

southtyronegael

Quote from: inowbest on December 12, 2017, 11:03:52 PM
Congrats to mickey Kerr on election. Fixtures went really well last year and May have played a big part in his election. Who will do that job now? Not trying to wind up anyone here just interested to know what the big fear would have been if harvey would have got in? Would clubs hav suffered in your opinion?
well in short harvey a big mickey fan so if he was chairman harte would have free reign to do as he pleases which would prob include unanounced training weekends and that kinda stuff so yeah it would affect the clubs.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 12, 2017, 12:22:16 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 11, 2017, 09:58:38 PM
I go with Mickey Kerr. Think he'll win it.

Think he's the one that has no chance to be honest

Good job I can form my own opinions..... ;)

ladies only

Just a thought Tyrone GAA is being told to charge the Tyrone Ladies by Her Majestys revenue and customs....i thought Tyrone GAA was under the control of the GAA and its clubs. Well done Raymond Mc Keown i hope the Moy club are proud of you as i heard you told convention you would NOT give Garvaghy free to the Ladies nor would you allow support of some form of sponsorship towards the costs by way of donation despite having well over a million in the coffers. It has to be said ladies should stop what they are doing in GAA clubs to see where they are. Club Tyrone folk in America and London not to happy either

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ladies only on December 13, 2017, 12:08:44 AM
Just a thought Tyrone GAA is being told to charge the Tyrone Ladies by Her Majestys revenue and customs....i thought Tyrone GAA was under the control of the GAA and its clubs. Well done Raymond Mc Keown i hope the Moy club are proud of you as i heard you told convention you would NOT give Garvaghy free to the Ladies nor would you allow support of some form of sponsorship towards the costs by way of donation despite having well over a million in the coffers. It has to be said ladies should stop what they are doing in GAA clubs to see where they are. Club Tyrone folk in America and London not to happy either

Did the ladies bring a motion to integrate the two associations?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tyrone Gaa

Wish the ladies would climb down of that ladder they find themselves on. The problem is with the LGFA and their failure to integrate with the GAA. Their crying makes me hope my club refuse to give the extra £200 request that each club facilitate them. There wasn't a motion put forward to be voted on so therefore a decision wasn't going to be made just a few recommendations. Ladies cry poverty when clubs already contribute £500 to their cause. Whole crying match uncalled for. I thought the treasurer acted in the best interests of Tyrone GAA as his role. Great Presentation Raymond keep up the good work.
Living the dream!!!

Therealdonald

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 13, 2017, 12:18:37 AM

Wish the ladies would climb down of that ladder they find themselves on. The problem is with the LGFA and their failure to integrate with the GAA. Their crying makes me hope my club refuse to give the extra £200 request that each club facilitate them. There wasn't a motion put forward to be voted on so therefore a decision wasn't going to be made just a few recommendations. Ladies cry poverty when clubs already contribute £500 to their cause. Whole crying match uncalled for. I thought the treasurer acted in the best interests of Tyrone GAA as his role. Great Presentation Raymond keep up the good work.

Does this mean the players have to bring their own sandwiches for after the games?

ladies only

I wish you knew the facts, Tyrone GAA are just too greedy, the £500 comes from clubs that have ladies for registration etc ffs some folk just don't know equality, Tyrone ladies want intergration as county officials outlined to a full county board meeting a few months ago when Roisin called them the ladies football club. Its at national level where theres no want for intergration one point hire of facilities for all Tyrone mens teams less than 5k Tyrone Ladies £13,k

Tyrone Gaa

I'm fully aware of all the facts, and the presentation that was made to county delegates. I also know that preventing integration is the LGFA at a national level. So I would suggest that the best place to lobby is for equality is Dublin. To attack the county treasurer for outlining reasons why it is not possible to open the doors of garvaghy is scandalous, he is bound by the red tape you will be aware of the grant aid that contributed to the development of garvaghy so it makes sense that will be checked out.

Abolishing the LGFA is probably the best thing ladies could do for themselves.
Living the dream!!!

skeog

Did the ladies manager not fall foul of HER MAJESTYS REVENUE some time ago,surely he would have been able to advise on regulations.

driveherin

doesn't matter who is Chair, the whole thing is run my 'The Beard' anyway!

redhandefender

Quote from: ladies only on December 13, 2017, 02:22:33 AM

I wish you knew the facts, Tyrone GAA are just too greedy, the £500 comes from clubs that have ladies for registration etc ffs some folk just don't know equality, Tyrone ladies want intergration as county officials outlined to a full county board meeting a few months ago when Roisin called them the ladies football club. Its at national level where theres no want for intergration one point hire of facilities for all Tyrone mens teams less than 5k Tyrone Ladies £13,k

This is not an equality issue as it is being painted very cleverly in the media. It was set out in stone as to why it can't happen as early as the beginning of last year. The suggestion seems to be for Tyrone to make some sort of gift. I would have no issue with any of that but you are simply missing the point.

The financial downfall and in fact tax fraud would make it suicidal. Some of the suggestions made were ridiculous bordering on comical. The answer should be for everyone in Tyrone GAA and Club Tyrone to find a sponsor to pay that amount, will get them a big boost in the media if they come in as saviours.

But as above said the most glaringly obvious thing to bring equality is integration which you (as an organisation) don't want!

longballin

Great to see everyone so keen to play by red tape while standing idly by as their clubs slide a load of funds to outside managers. Some hypocrisy in GAA Tyrone circles.