Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 01, 2018, 06:56:11 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on September 01, 2018, 06:49:40 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 01, 2018, 05:32:13 PM
St galls in AI severs final - again !!
Just lost in the final......

To corofin - AI double for them in 2018

Bitta prep and team bonding no doubt a good nights drink
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

City teams looking like they're going to clean up this year again!

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on September 01, 2018, 07:53:24 PM
City teams looking like they're going to clean up this year again!
U may well be right JS.,.....but are you a soothsayer or a WUM......?

belfastsaff

All good competitive games in the SFC this weekend
Expect Ld to win by wont be by much
Glenavy I think could spring a surprise with a win
Ahoghill should have to much for the Musgrave men
Rossa could give casements a game but would expect the casements to pull through
The IFC is appealing to but with TNN and MG facing off should be a cracker heard all the duffins are back playing for MG so that's a big boost.

themac_23

Quite a bit of action round the county this weekend, again as usual, the Saffron Gael has given good previews my predictions are:

SFC

Ahoghill Vs St Brigids- Gonna go for the Div 2 leaders
St Teresas Vs Glenavy- Teresas
Portglenone Vs Rossa- Portglenone
Lamh Dhearg Vs Aghagallon- Hannahstown

IFC
Gort Vs Aldergrove- Gort
Randalstown Vs Moneyglass- Moneyglass
St Endas Vs St Pauls- St Endas

JFC
O'Donnells Vs Antrim- Antrim
Lisburn Vs Ardoyne- Ardoyne
Glenravel Vs Pearses- Glenravel
St Agnes Vs St Malachys- Mals

paddyjohn

SFC

Ahoghill Vs St Brigids- Ahoghill by 3
St Teresas Vs Glenavy- Teresas by 5
Portglenone Vs Rossa- Portglenone by 10
Lamh Dhearg Vs Aghagallon- L/D by 5/6

IFC
Gort Vs Aldergrove- Gort
Randalstown Vs Moneyglass- Moneyglass
St Endas Vs St Pauls- St Endas

JFC
O'Donnells Vs Antrim- Antrim by 6/7
Lisburn Vs Ardoyne- Lisburn
Glenravel Vs Pearses- Glenravel by 8/9
St Agnes Vs St Malachys- Mals

breakingball

St brigids
St Teresa's
portglenone -6
Lamh Dhearg

Aldergrove
Moneyglass
St endas -6

O Donnells
Lisburn
Glenravel -6
St malachys

Belfast GAA man

surprised how bad aghagallon were tonight - did they have everyone available?

JimStynes

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 09, 2018, 08:36:52 PM
surprised how bad aghagallon were tonight - did they have everyone available?

3 of the minors would probably have come on or one maybe would have started. 3/4 injuries including our 2 best defenders but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered. They're too young and inexperienced yet. Literally men against boys in some areas of the field tonight. It'll be a couple of years before they develop physically to compete in championship. We would have needed our full team tonight and LD to have an off night.

bannside

We struggled past an under strength Rossa team and though we were 9 or 10 up at one stage I was glad to hear the final whistle. On today's performance we won't be any use to St Galls.

LD impressed me when they beat us a couple of weeks ago. Very strong physically, and Creggan put away a Cargin team handily enough on Friday night to suggest they are serious contenders too. Wide open this year as previously suggested, probably about six clubs thinking they have a chance if things go their way!

country bumpkin

A bit optimistic there BS......think Cargin are struggling with way too many injuries to key personnel to make a realistic challenge.
Take a leap of faith to suggest Casement's, Ahoghill or StTeresa's can go all the way.
Creggan did the business in the O'Cahan cup but not as "handy" as you perceived. They did not look happy in the closing stages as a twelve man, and very under strength Cargin finished strong.
The reigning champs do need to improve and although the Johnnie's have focused on championship from the outset and may well make another final I think the Milltown Blues are the business again and may well reclaim the crown.

Kickham csc

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 10, 2018, 04:12:18 PM
A bit optimistic there BS......think Cargin are struggling with way too many injuries to key personnel to make a realistic challenge.
Take a leap of faith to suggest Casement's, Ahoghill or StTeresa's can go all the way.
Creggan did the business in the O'Cahan cup but not as "handy" as you perceived. They did not look happy in the closing stages as a twelve man, and very under strength Cargin finished strong.
The reigning champs do need to improve and although the Johnnie's have focused on championship from the outset and may well make another final I think the Milltown Blues are the business again and may well reclaim the crown.

I would concur with CB, my sources said that it was a tight game, Cargin should have done better with an extra man, and Creggan should have done a lot better when they had 2 additional men.

bannside

Cargin still firmly in the mix, no one should suggest otherwise. But right now I'd see Creggan as the team to beat. Just one opinion!