Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

I got caught up at work and completely missed the game DR. Home just in time for then post mortems! No excuses from us Dunloy are definitely in the mix now. Heard good reports about Deaghlan Smyths brother at full forward. And Shean Elliott too, obviously.

Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUCwq2mDFw 

A hard and depressing watch and listen

Casement's and Antrim/Belfast's demise played out on National Airwaves

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

paddyjohn

Bit of a suprise in Creggan with Glenravel romping home. Ballymena losing was a shock also.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on August 23, 2018, 08:56:12 AM
I got caught up at work and completely missed the game DR. Home just in time for then post mortems! No excuses from us Dunloy are definitely in the mix now. Heard good reports about Deaghlan Smyths brother at full forward. And Shean Elliott too, obviously.

to be fair it was nip and tuck for the whole first half. use defended deep and closed out all of the space forcing mistakes and wides on our end. You defended well but couldnt break out at pace and in the numbers when our attacks broke down.

Your centre half and captain looks a good strong player.

Aye young Anthony is starting to stretch out as he gets older and is developing into a good player.
hurl like f**k boi!

stiffler

St. Paul's relegated to the lowest tier of Antrim football tonight following a loss to Sarsfields.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Christmas Lights

Quote from: stiffler on August 29, 2018, 10:30:58 PM
St. Paul's relegated to the lowest tier of Antrim football tonight following a loss to Sarsfields.

Is that considered a shock?

belfastsaff

SFC going to be a hard one to call this year but I don't think it will be heading to the south west think it will be a St Johns ST Galls Final. I hear cargin are going to have a few regulars missing for the LD game?

Milltown Row2

You've Creggan Galls Johnnies Cargin Lamhs and Casements, anyone from that crowd. Johnnies still smarting from last year may be enough to get them over the line
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

outinfront

Did any of you guys hear that podcast about the current state of Gaelic games in Belfast? Casement, politics, participation rates, number of clubs all discussed.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2018, 10:40:59 AM
You've Creggan Galls Johnnies Cargin Lamhs and Casements, anyone from that crowd. Johnnies still smarting from last year may be enough to get them over the line

Galls are 1/4 with Toals.  Easy stuff for them.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 30, 2018, 02:29:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2018, 10:40:59 AM

Galls are 1/4 with Toals.  Easy stuff for them.
Gall's 3/1 with Toals.....lights in ur eyes mo chara....

Dunsilly King

Had planned to go to Creggan to see St galls game, but lucky enough got wind that it wasn't on so went to Cargin to their game with Portglenone. Decent game to be fair, Cargin bossed the second half, comfortable win for them. Portglenone missing young Delargey who plays county. A few Cargin supporters beside me telling the amount of injuries Cargin have had and the players that were absent last night. If they don't clear up in the next four weeks hard to see how they will bt anyone in the championship, probably facing Lamh Dhearg. The ref let Portglenone off with some amount of fouling, lets just say the Cargin support were cheesed off with his lack of action. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on August 30, 2018, 03:01:37 PM
Had planned to go to Creggan to see St galls game, but lucky enough got wind that it wasn't on so went to Cargin to their game with Portglenone. Decent game to be fair, Cargin bossed the second half, comfortable win for them. Portglenone missing young Delargey who plays county. A few Cargin supporters beside me telling the amount of injuries Cargin have had and the players that were absent last night. If they don't clear up in the next four weeks hard to see how they will bt anyone in the championship, probably facing Lamh Dhearg. The ref let Portglenone off with some amount of fouling, lets just say the Cargin support were cheesed off with his lack of action.

I read that Casements had 6 players noted 2 yellow carded, one black carded and a red card? You must have been watching the wrong game in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

St galls in AI severs final - again !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin