Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

U16 all county final still to be played too.

ciaran1988

Quote from: MoChara on October 13, 2017, 03:28:25 PM
Allianz Football League Division 4

Round 1:
Saturday, January 27: Laois v Limerick, London v Carlow; Sunday, January 28: Antrim v Leitrim, Wicklow v Waterford

Round 2: Sunday, February 4: Leitrim v Laois, Limerick v Carlow, London v Wicklow, Waterford v Antrim

Round 3: Saturday, February 10: Laois v Waterford; Sunday, February 11: Antrim v Wicklow, Carlow v Leitrim, London v Limerick

Round 4: Sunday, February 25: Leitrim v Limerick, Waterford v Carlow, Wicklow v Laois, London v Antrim

Round 5: Saturday, March 3: Carlow v Wicklow, London v Leitrim; Sunday, March 4: Laois v Antrim, Limerick v Waterford

Round 6: Sunday, March 11: London v Laois; Sunday, March 18: Antrim v Carlow, Waterford v Leitrim, Wicklow v Limerick

Round 7: Sunday, March 25: Carlow v Laois, Leitrim v Wicklow, Limerick v Antrim, London v Waterford
[/quote

Why are London at home in every game?

paddyjohn

Quote from: ciaran1988 on October 15, 2017, 07:04:27 AM
Quote from: MoChara on October 13, 2017, 03:28:25 PM
Allianz Football League Division 4

Round 1:
Saturday, January 27: Laois v Limerick, London v Carlow; Sunday, January 28: Antrim v Leitrim, Wicklow v Waterford

Round 2: Sunday, February 4: Leitrim v Laois, Limerick v Carlow, London v Wicklow, Waterford v Antrim

Round 3: Saturday, February 10: Laois v Waterford; Sunday, February 11: Antrim v Wicklow, Carlow v Leitrim, London v Limerick

Round 4: Sunday, February 25: Leitrim v Limerick, Waterford v Carlow, Wicklow v Laois, London v Antrim

Round 5: Saturday, March 3: Carlow v Wicklow, London v Leitrim; Sunday, March 4: Laois v Antrim, Limerick v Waterford

Round 6: Sunday, March 11: London v Laois; Sunday, March 18: Antrim v Carlow, Waterford v Leitrim, Wicklow v Limerick

Round 7: Sunday, March 25: Carlow v Laois, Leitrim v Wicklow, Limerick v Antrim, London v Waterford
[/quote

Why are London at home in every game?

GAA policy of promoting the game in foreign countries and Big cities..

imtommygunn

Minor football goes to the city too...

Milltown Row2

Will the SW committee have crisis talks about the lack of minor and senior talent? And schools too!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mickey Linden

Lads were saying minor winners were some sort of belfast almagation team? What way does that work for ulster? They able to compete as Rossa? Some goood players on the team. Number 11 from st teresas in particular.

Senior final was as enjoyable as match that ive attended in a long time. Also, thought glenavy put on a great show so fair play.

Spike

Quote from: hardstation on October 15, 2017, 06:07:40 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 15, 2017, 05:57:15 PM
Lads were saying minor winners were some sort of belfast almagation team? What way does that work for ulster? They able to compete as Rossa? Some goood players on the team. Number 11 from st teresas in particular.

Senior final was as enjoyable as match that ive attended in a long time. Also, thought glenavy put on a great show so fair play.
No. 11 was the only non-Rossa player as far as I'm aware.

Sure every city team is an amalgamation of some sort  ;) #blowins

bannside

Well done Hardstation that was a great minor team. Can't see you beat in under 21 either. Plenty of talent coming through your ranks. Challenge is can you bring enough through to senior level.

Senior final a good even contest. Well done to Lamh Dhearg. Big Buch will be in some form tonight!

JimStynes

Well done to Rossa. Better team on the day. I am disappointed for our lads that they just didn't perform to the level that we know they can. Some of them seemed to let the big occasion get to them and then make silly mistakes or miss simple chances that they usually score. We still have a large portion of that team available next year though! I was going to say that Rossa have a cracker who was wearing number 11 but then heard he is from St Teresa's. Annoying for us but it is bound to be annoying knowing that you aren't keeping him and that he is taking the place of someone else from your own club. But that's the way it seems to be in Belfast. 7 or so of our team will be playing a big part in the St. Ronan's, Lurgan McCrory team this year, so hopefully that will improve them even more and get them through to senior football.

The senior final was brilliant and I think overall Lamh Dherg deserved the win. The ref was playing for a draw though! I think it went into 42 mins in the second half before he decided to blow it up. Also, a LD man got a straight red whereas St. John's man got a yellow near the end during that handbags incident. I couldn't work it out. Great excitement at the end and fair played to Paddy for sticking over the winner.

Also, Glenavy did a great job of hosting the game today! Their pitch was immaculate for this time of year.

paddyjohn

Fair play to Lamh Dhearg, nobody can deny or begrudge a few of the older hands a championship medal.

Galer

Good game lov to b a fly on the wall next time the nugents get together lol.some great scores few things didnt click for the johnnies.winners maybe just shaded it.plenty of time for oliver to get his red card rescinded for next year

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on October 15, 2017, 09:17:12 PM
Well done to Rossa. Better team on the day. I am disappointed for our lads that they just didn't perform to the level that we know they can. Some of them seemed to let the big occasion get to them and then make silly mistakes or miss simple chances that they usually score. We still have a large portion of that team available next year though! I was going to say that Rossa have a cracker who was wearing number 11 but then heard he is from St Teresa's. Annoying for us but it is bound to be annoying knowing that you aren't keeping him and that he is taking the place of someone else from your own club. But that's the way it seems to be in Belfast. 7 or so of our team will be playing a big part in the St. Ronan's, Lurgan McCrory team this year, so hopefully that will improve them even more and get them through to senior football.

The senior final was brilliant and I think overall Lamh Dherg deserved the win. The ref was playing for a draw though! I think it went into 42 mins in the second half before he decided to blow it up. Also, a LD man got a straight red whereas St. John's man got a yellow near the end during that handbags incident. I couldn't work it out. Great excitement at the end and fair played to Paddy for sticking over the winner.

Also, Glenavy did a great job of hosting the game today! Their pitch was immaculate for this time of year.

These players or player in this case wouldn't be getting a game this year if he wasn't sanctioned to another club... what was the name of the algamation team from the SW that won a couple of minors in the 90's? Also another algamation team got to the county minor final this year ! It happens and looking at the result I'd say it wasn't the main reason.... St Paul's beat our hurlers this year with a mix of St Paul's and Sarsfields..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bit of banter

Yes Rossa had a player playing who usually represents St Teresas, would you rather the lad doesn't play his minor age group because he is loyal to his club and they can't field at that level, or allow him the chance to showcase his talents against players his own age. JimStynes i think a lot of clubs not just Belfast clubs use the rules to suit, as far as i am aware he is the only player not fully participating with the Rossa club and after todays match i don't think your club can really use that as part of the reason they were beat quite easily. Rossa have a lot of very good young players like a lot of Belfast clubs. After the weekends results i think the GAA is alive and well in Belfast. Glenavy deserve a lot of credit for today very well organised.
lastly Lamh Dhearg deserved their victory today had that wee bit more composure from experienced players like Micko, Conor and Ryan Murray,Reg and Paddy Cunningham. People talking about St Johns being the team over the next 5 years but I'm sure Lamh Dhearg will feel the same with the experienced young players they have. Anyway maybe a SW team could feature if they stop feeling sorry for themselves. Belfast GAA alive and kicking scores.

JimStynes

Where did I say it would have made a difference? Rossa were the far better team on the day and I wouldn't blame them for taking players if offered. They are doing well at all ages and obviously massive work is being put in. And speaking to a few Rossa men about this issue last year they weren't happy about players from other clubs playing for their u21 team. I would question why do St. Teresa's fail to field at minor level? There are massive schools right beside their pitch. Surely they can find 15 players! We should maybe get a loan of a few of the best players from Clan na Gael or Clann Eireann in Lurgan next year. #swcrisis #lennyout

Spike

Great to see a st endas man lifting the Senior trophy. Entering the SW was best thing that happened them.  SW thriving!