Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 14, 2015, 11:13:15 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2015, 11:00:23 PM
Why? What happened there? Those and the other games you mention were played in front of thousands of witnesses, appointed officials and several cameras. Not much chance of a cover up there if anything happens.

As did Armagh and Cavan and the GAA deemed an investigation take place and suspensions / fines be imposed for what happened?

Did that happen after the aforementioned games? I don't recall it. The bottom line is here that an investigation will take place into a large 'fracas' and not an investigation into a 'cover up'.

The episode should have been dealt with already but there was a cover up initiated by both counties it seems. The cover-up needs to be addressed as well now and action taken. That is all.

You ve lost me with the Cavan/Armagh bit earlier? You re not referring to a row in a parade and comparing that to anything that may have happened in other games are you?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: INDIANA on July 14, 2015, 11:28:56 PM
No but anyone can distinguish between the difference of a player spending a few nights in hospital and another like Mayo or Tyone's games who gets pushed to the ground a few times and is verbally abused. Both instances are unacceptable but the seriousness of one incident over the other deems it necessary of investigation in my view.

We can't accept players being badly injured in games as part of the norm and the same as other instances where physical bodily harm isn't inflicted. Thats pretty obvious in my view. One incident ensures a guy can't go to work the next day

Ah - that is what you are saying? Investigations should only be carried out on the basis of the degree of injury inflicted. Therefore any sort of fracas can take place and will not be investigated if serious injury is avoided.

Now that's a bit silly.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2015, 11:32:37 PM
You ve lost me with the Cavan/Armagh bit earlier? You re not referring to a row in a parade and comparing that to anything that may have happened in other games are you?

Again, we are comparing scenes of multiple indiscipline. Yes, the Cavan and Armagh referral was around the parade. County Boards received fines and suspensions were handed out. There was a fracas at half time in the Donegal and Tyrone game as teams were leaving the pitch. In Limerick, the actions of the Mayo and Kerry players prompted fans to enter the field in a threatening manner. 

Like I said, I am only asking for consistency - why are only certain sets of indiscipline, involving multiple players / officials, being investigated?

moysider

Are you sure those other occasions were not investigated? I'd find it hard to believe they were not investigated.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2015, 11:41:37 PM

Are you sure those other occasions were not investigated? I'd find it hard to believe they were not investigated.

I don't recall it, but I'm open to correction.

muppet

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 14, 2015, 11:33:09 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 14, 2015, 11:28:56 PM
No but anyone can distinguish between the difference of a player spending a few nights in hospital and another like Mayo or Tyone's games who gets pushed to the ground a few times and is verbally abused. Both instances are unacceptable but the seriousness of one incident over the other deems it necessary of investigation in my view.

We can't accept players being badly injured in games as part of the norm and the same as other instances where physical bodily harm isn't inflicted. Thats pretty obvious in my view. One incident ensures a guy can't go to work the next day

Ah - that is what you are saying? Investigations should only be carried out on the basis of the degree of injury inflicted. Therefore any sort of fracas can take place and will not be investigated if serious injury is avoided.

Now that's a bit silly.

What is silly is this daft line of argument.

If an injury is accidental then there isn't a problem.

If an injury is deliberately inflicted, then certainly the degree of injury should be considered.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 14, 2015, 11:37:47 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2015, 11:32:37 PM

Again, we are comparing scenes of multiple indiscipline. Yes, the Cavan and Armagh referral was around the parade. County Boards received fines and suspensions were handed out. There was a fracas at half time in the Donegal and Tyrone game as teams were leaving the pitch. In Limerick, the actions of the Mayo and Kerry players prompted fans to enter the field in a threatening manner. 

Like I said, I am only asking for consistency - why are only certain sets of indiscipline, involving multiple players / officials, being investigated?

So from what your saying the punishment for jaywalking should  be the same as drink driving? Truly hilarious stuff here.

If I verbally abused someone in the street should I get the same sanction as someone who breaks another lads jaw?

C

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: INDIANA on July 14, 2015, 11:45:11 PM
So from what your saying the punishment for jaywalking should  be the same as drink driving? Truly hilarious stuff here.

If I verbally abused someone in the street should I get the same sanction as someone who breaks another lads jaw?

C

You're going to have to read what I say. I'm only asking for an investigation. The investigation will decide the level of punishment, if appropriate.

Come on man - this isn't difficult, is it? We don't have this trouble on other forums?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: muppet on July 14, 2015, 11:44:17 PM
What is silly is this daft line of argument. If an injury is accidental then there isn't a problem. If an injury is deliberately inflicted, then certainly the degree of injury should be considered.

Try and not think of the injury. Try and think of the matter of indiscipline / illegal action that is taking place and is being investigated.

INDIANA

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 14, 2015, 11:52:52 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 14, 2015, 11:45:11 PM

C

You're going to have to read what I say. I'm only asking for an investigation. The investigation will decide the level of punishment, if appropriate.

Come on man - this isn't difficult, is it? We don't have this trouble on other forums?

I think trying to argue that incidents that didn't inflict serious injury are deemed to be required to be investigated to the same extent as another which did inflict serious injury really is the purview of ambulance chasers.

muppet

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 14, 2015, 11:54:48 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 14, 2015, 11:44:17 PM
What is silly is this daft line of argument. If an injury is accidental then there isn't a problem. If an injury is deliberately inflicted, then certainly the degree of injury should be considered.

Try and not think of the injury. Try and think of the matter of indiscipline / illegal action that is taking place and is being investigated.

The intent is the main issue. The extent of the injury is often a very good guide to the intent and thus should be considered.

Ignoring the injury is ignoring evidence.
MWWSI 2017

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: INDIANA on July 14, 2015, 11:58:42 PM
I think trying to argue that incidents that didn't inflict serious injury are deemed to be required to be investigated to the same extent as another which did inflict serious injury really is the purview of ambulance chasers.

You're talking in riddles again.

I personally don't think it unreasonable to ask that an investigation takes place to all instances of indiscipline, involving multiple offenders, on the basis that they happened as opposed to some arbitrary scale of injury inflicted.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: muppet on July 15, 2015, 12:03:44 AMThe intent is the main issue. The extent of the injury is often a very good guide to the intent and thus should be considered.

Very true indeed. Can't disagree with any of that.

muppet

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 15, 2015, 12:07:42 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 15, 2015, 12:03:44 AMThe intent is the main issue. The extent of the injury is often a very good guide to the intent and thus should be considered.

Very true indeed. Can't disagree with any of that.

F*ck ye, don't be getting all reasonable on me.
MWWSI 2017

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: muppet on July 15, 2015, 12:09:48 AM
F*ck ye, don't be getting all reasonable on me.

Ye didn't expect that from an Armagh man!!   :P

As I say muppet - I only ask for consistency, that is all.