The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on June 20, 2018, 12:30:56 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 12:05:28 PM

You guys are swallowing all  the propaganda hook line and sinker
Says the most gullible sheep on the forum. Lolzers.

I was right on Trump, I was right on Brexit.....the left wing media are feeding you nonsense and you're gullible enough to believe it

But Believe whatever you want....I spend about 6 hours a day in the car listening to political shows....split evenly between right and left leaning. Then I do more research when I go home

I have a tremendous grasp of the issues....far beyond the sheeple on here who regurgitate whatever they hear on CNN or read in the NY Times

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 12:57:17 PM
But Believe whatever you want....I spend about 6 hours a day in the car listening to political shows....split evenly between right and left leaning. Then I do more research when I go home

I have a tremendous grasp of the issues....far beyond the sheeple on here who regurgitate whatever they hear on CNN or read in the NY Times

What a tremendously exciting life you have

HiMucker

I was right on Trump, I was right on Brexit.....the left wing media are feeding you nonsense and you're gullible enough to believe it

;D ;D Ah jesus, who knew The Donald was a poster on here, and a Mayo fan to boot  ;D

whitey

Quote from: HiMucker on June 20, 2018, 01:22:49 PM

;D ;D Ah jesus, who knew The Donald was a poster on here, and a Mayo fan to boot  ;D

Haha....I knew you guys would appreciate that comment

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 12:30:42 PM
Haha-Believe whatever you want.

Let's see if the Democrats are serious about fixing the problem or if they're happy to continue using these people as pawns to hammer Trump

We have no fvckin idea who's crossing the border and that needs to end. A few years ago a "teenager" who was enrolled in school actually ended up being 25years old. Would you like your 12 year old daughter or son going to school with a 25 year old man who no one knows nothing about.

I know, I sure as hell wouldn't and if you think that's rascist, well good for you

And you still can't condemn tearing young kids away from their mother. Given that you are fond of the anecdote, there are stories going around about parents showing up with papers, handing them over to the CBP, only to then be passed on to ICE, who say tough shit, we are taking your kids away because you don't have your papers. Or the breast feeding woman. Or the Down Syndrome kid...

But the obvious default should be that a young child and mother being traumatically separated is most probably a legitimate parent-child relationship and if they must be detained then it should be as a family. The whole segregation policy is, as Sessions says, designed to intimidate people into not coming. It is all about numbers and being seen to be tough. They don't give a shit about the humanity and dignity of the actual people.

Assuming you have kids yourself I cannot fathom how you cannot empathize with what these people, especially the kids, must be going through. I have a six and a four year old - my four year old gets distraught if she is left in the car for ten seconds on her own. These kids end up in cages (sorry, chicken wire-enclosed rooms) with no prospect of when they'll see their parents.

As for lecturing us on your knowledge and our apparent brainwashing by the liberal media, you are beyond even Ted Cruz and Franklin Graham on this issue (Ted f**king Cruz is the voice of reason!!). You're in Ann Coulter/Fox News/Breitbart territory.

As for the Democrats, they were all ready to work with Trump for a deal including DACA until he blew the whole thing up (remember Trump gushing about Chuck and Nancy?). They passed a bill in 2013 which wasn't even brought up for a vote in the House. Obama would have signed it. The Dems would have worked with Bush in the mid2000s, but the Fox News/talk radio crowd blew the GOP efforts up over "amnesty". The GOP kicked and screamed when Obama introduced DACA, a very reasonable and pragmatic policy to deal with a real and present human problem.

So spare us your bullshit over the Dems and look at your own f**king side and the reality that a callous, sociopathic wannabe strongman who built his movement on scapegoating and fear mongering of minorities and immigrants has taken over the conservative movement ( because we know you're not a Republican) and is overseeing the abuse of poor families so he can use them to blackmail the opposition into giving him what he wants.

trailer

No you don't. If you think putting children as young as 5 and 6 in a cage is the answer to the US immigration problem, you clearly don't understand any issues at all.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2018, 02:01:12 PM

No you don't. If you think putting children as young as 5 and 6 in a cage is the answer to the US immigration problem, you clearly don't understand any issues at all.

5 or 6 .... try 3 months old

trailer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 20, 2018, 02:10:22 PM

That's truly shocking. God help them.

whitey

Where was the outrage when Obama put unaccompanied minors in cages?????? 

The pictures are all over the internet, and the left actually had the nerve to try and blame it on Trump a couple of weeks ago.

It selective outrage at its best, but it does seem to be working for the Democrats

trailer

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 02:18:00 PM

The pictures are all over the internet, and the left actually had the nerve to try and blame it on Trump a couple of weeks ago.

It selective outrage at its best, but it does seem to be working for the Democrats

Evidence?

Because it's bullshit https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/fact-check-did-obama-administration-separate-families-n884856

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 20, 2018, 02:00:48 PM

Let's see if the Democrats are serious about fixing the problem or if they're happy to continue using these people as pawns to hammer Trump

We have no fvckin idea who's crossing the border and that needs to end. A few years ago a "teenager" who was enrolled in school actually ended up being 25years old. Would you like your 12 year old daughter or son going to school with a 25 year old man who no one knows nothing about.

I know, I sure as hell wouldn't and if you think that's rascist, well good for you

And you still can't condemn tearing young kids away from their mother. Given that you are fond of the anecdote, there are stories going around about parents showing up with papers, handing them over to the CBP, only to then be passed on to ICE, who say tough shit, we are taking your kids away because you don't have your papers. Or the breast feeding woman. Or the Down Syndrome kid...

But the obvious default should be that a young child and mother being traumatically separated is most probably a legitimate parent-child relationship and if they must be detained then it should be as a family. The whole segregation policy is, as Sessions says, designed to intimidate people into not coming. It is all about numbers and being seen to be tough. They don't give a shit about the humanity and dignity of the actual people.

Assuming you have kids yourself I cannot fathom how you cannot empathize with what these people, especially the kids, must be going through. I have a six and a four year old - my four year old gets distraught if she is left in the car for ten seconds on her own. These kids end up in cages (sorry, chicken wire-enclosed rooms) with no prospect of when they'll see their parents.

As for lecturing us on your knowledge and our apparent brainwashing by the liberal media, you are beyond even Ted Cruz and Franklin Graham on this issue (Ted f**king Cruz is the voice of reason!!). You're in Ann Coulter/Fox News/Breitbart territory.

As for the Democrats, they were all ready to work with Trump for a deal including DACA until he blew the whole thing up (remember Trump gushing about Chuck and Nancy?). They passed a bill in 2013 which wasn't even brought up for a vote in the House. Obama would have signed it. The Dems would have worked with Bush in the mid2000s, but the Fox News/talk radio crowd blew the GOP efforts up over "amnesty". The GOP kicked and screamed when Obama introduced DACA, a very reasonable and pragmatic policy to deal with a real and present human problem.

So spare us your bullshit over the Dems and look at your own f**king side and the reality that a callous, sociopathic wannabe strongman who built his movement on scapegoating and fear mongering of minorities and immigrants has taken over the conservative movement ( because we know you're not a Republican) and is overseeing the abuse of poor families so he can use them to blackmail the opposition into giving him what he wants.

Who said I didnt sympathize.....all Im saying is that theres more to this than the media would let you believe. They ran with the Trump has lost 1500 children bvllshit a few weeks ago. Then they moved on to the kids in cages scandal.....which ended up having happened under Obamas watch.....now theyre onto this. See how the narrative has changed in a couple of weeks......read the LA Tomes link I posted earlier

There may be very good reasons to separate SOME "families" if theres reasonable suspicion that the kids are being trafficked. Legitimate family units should NOT be separated

Do you think all these people have spanking new passports and veirifable identification when they reach the border

But of course, if I dont agree with every nuance and caveat thats being doled out Im a rascist, know nothing cvnt

whitey

Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2018, 02:23:28 PM

Evidence?

Because it's bullshit https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/fact-check-did-obama-administration-separate-families-n884856

2 separate topics....I never said he separated families....I said he put unaccompanied minors in cages, but thats the left for you. Keep firing $hit at everyone else, ignoring your own dirty laundry

J70

Now you are just being dishonest.

The primary issue here is the separation and segregation of families.

And as usual, all you really care about is that the Dems aren't getting the blame.

Slam Obama and his admin over cages, by all means, but it also means you will finally have to have the decency to condemn Trumps use of them to house young kids who have just been brutally separated from their families.

screenexile

The right seem infatuated with Clinton & Obama still . . . get over it they're not in charge anymore you are!!!

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 02:25:24 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 20, 2018, 02:00:48 PM

Who said I didnt sympathize.....all Im saying is that theres more to this than the media would let you believe. They ran with the Trump has lost 1500 children bvllshit a few weeks ago. Then they moved on to the kids in cages scandal.....which ended up having happened under Obamas watch.....now theyre onto this. See how the narrative has changed in a couple of weeks......read the LA Tomes link I posted earlier

There may be very good reasons to separate SOME "families" if theres reasonable suspicion that the kids are being trafficked. Legitimate family units should NOT be separated

Do you think all these people have spanking new passports and veirifable identification when they reach the border

But of course, if I dont agree with every nuance and caveat thats being doled out Im a rascist, know nothing cvnt

You haven't said you sympathize.

All you are doing to furiously trying to change the subject and trying to draw a false equivalency between this active policy which is impacting so many lives and a wires-crossed story a month ago which conflated the current outrage with the government losing track of other kids. As if that f**k-up somehow made it all ok and gave Trump full license to do what he wanted to these families.

And legitimate families ARE being separated. That's the whole f**king point. If you're in doubt, default to legitimate unless there is a valid reason to suspect otherwise. You can always monitor, examine them given that they'll be in custody. Kids, especially young ones, are brutally honest.

But Trump is forcing EVERYONE to be separated so that others will be too scared to come. It's all a numbers game. These people are dehumanized in his eyes.