Derry are now in Division 4

Started by Seany, March 25, 2018, 08:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: AQMP on March 26, 2018, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2018, 12:21:51 PM
Quote from: general_lee on March 26, 2018, 12:16:46 PM
Who's the last Ulster County to play division 4? Other tan our saffron friends?

Were Fermanagh down there a few years ago?

We've graced the basement more often than not in recent times appearing in Div 4 in 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and now 2019.

Fermanagh played in Div 4 in 2011 and 2012.  Before that I think Cavan were in 2B in 2007.

Fermanagh has the smallest pick in the country, so they have an excuse. Antrim just seems to have given up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LooseCannon

Quote from: yellowcard on March 26, 2018, 02:45:07 PM
Westmeath effectively threw their match against Offaly which conspired to doom Derry. I don't think they are necesarily ranked 25-32 in the country but that is where they will ply their trade next season. The League table doesn't lie as the form is based on 7 matches against teams of a similar standard however and for whatever reason that is where Derry are now. Maybe it is the wake up call that they need to get their house in order, it can't always be the managers fault.

Out of the class of 93 very few materialised into decent managers though. Tohill managed to take charge of Ireland (despite having very little managerial experience) and you would have thought that he would have been someone who could have been given a role within the county at some point.

Why would they throw it. We hate the b*stards. They hate us. They were without John Heslin. We played well, and they finished with 12 men. A straight red early in the second half, a second yellow with ten minutes left, and another second yellow with 3 minutes left.
Ye got relegated boo f**king hoo. I actually don't mind Derry, but you're talking shite.

quit yo jibbajabba

sidelineball

Lets be brutally honest, the League tables don't lie. Derry are a division 4 county and will find their level there. I'm sure a lot of the players are relieved they will no longer be going out to play games knowing they can't win.

oakleaflad

Quote from: LooseCannon on March 26, 2018, 03:13:09 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 26, 2018, 02:45:07 PM
Westmeath effectively threw their match against Offaly which conspired to doom Derry. I don't think they are necesarily ranked 25-32 in the country but that is where they will ply their trade next season. The League table doesn't lie as the form is based on 7 matches against teams of a similar standard however and for whatever reason that is where Derry are now. Maybe it is the wake up call that they need to get their house in order, it can't always be the managers fault.

Out of the class of 93 very few materialised into decent managers though. Tohill managed to take charge of Ireland (despite having very little managerial experience) and you would have thought that he would have been someone who could have been given a role within the county at some point.

Why would they throw it. We hate the b*stards. They hate us. They were without John Heslin. We played well, and they finished with 12 men. A straight red early in the second half, a second yellow with ten minutes left, and another second yellow with 3 minutes left.
Ye got relegated boo f**king hoo. I actually don't mind Derry, but you're talking shite.
We got relegated fair and square. Fair play to Offaly and Sligo for getting their wins and staying up.

general_lee

Quote from: sidelineball on March 26, 2018, 03:43:52 PM
Lets be brutally honest, the League tables don't lie. Derry are a division 4 county and will find their level there. I'm sure a lot of the players are relieved they will no longer be going out to play games knowing they can't win.
Being brutally honest, I'll be extremely surprised if Derry don't regroup and win Division 4 next year. It's not the end of the world, embarrassing yes, (as is Division 3 for proud footballing counties) but they just have to bite the bullet and get on with it. Also all this talk about their county board and management being shite, probably deserved for the pathetic support the county team gets

AQMP

Quote from: armaghniac on March 26, 2018, 02:51:23 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 26, 2018, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2018, 12:21:51 PM
Quote from: general_lee on March 26, 2018, 12:16:46 PM
Who's the last Ulster County to play division 4? Other tan our saffron friends?

Were Fermanagh down there a few years ago?

We've graced the basement more often than not in recent times appearing in Div 4 in 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and now 2019.

Fermanagh played in Div 4 in 2011 and 2012.  Before that I think Cavan were in 2B in 2007.

Fermanagh has the smallest pick in the country, so they have an excuse. Antrim just seems to have given up.

Yeah we're way behind.  The Ulster Final of 2009 and Div 2 in 2011 seem light years ago.

WT4E

Has anyone the video of the ould fella going mad with the Tyrone lads saying - "Youins don't have Anthony Tokhill"

Would really like to see it today!

sensethetone

Quote from: WT4E on March 26, 2018, 04:31:59 PM
Has anyone the video of the ould fella going mad with the Tyrone lads saying - "Youins don't have Anthony Tokhill"

Would really like to see it today!
Heard his neighbours put up a Tyrone flag on his house for the 08 final, he'd to phone for help to get it down.. he has a bungalow..

Unlaoised

Put your House on Derry getting promoted now they won't have any bother getting seven wins in division 4 next year !!

LAOIS ABÚ