Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on September 02, 2020, 05:46:49 PM
Quote from: wobbller on September 02, 2020, 05:07:26 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 02, 2020, 05:00:06 PM
Quote from: downjim on September 02, 2020, 04:38:59 PM
wobbler i understand why the co board have thrown them out but I wonder would this happen to the bigger established division 1 clubs in the county. If 3 kilcoo player gets covid on thursday and PHA say they are our for 7 days do you think they would get thrown out?

Yes. 100% yes.

What on earth can the Co Board possibly gain by being anything other than that 100% straight on this?
What they could gain would be a bit of respect. I'm sure every Club would be sympathetic to Downpatrick's situation especially after the tragedy in Carryduff. and would understand if changes were to occur.You appear quite defensive of the County Board considering your Club's experiences over the years when the lubatic was running the line.

I call a spade a spade cousin.

By the way, if you set up competition rules, get the clubs to agree to them, then judiciously decide that the rules don't apply, you don't gain respect. You gain confusion, frustration, anger, and accusations of bias, and at every turn.

If you think otherwise then you've gone soft upstairs.
A spade it is alright but a disaster for Downpatrick.

Nanderson

Right decision by the county board and very unlucky on Downpatrick. The only thing i'd be concerned about now is other teams hiding covid cases in the fear of being kicked out of a championship

thewobbler

Quote from: Nanderson on September 02, 2020, 06:06:43 PM
Right decision by the county board and very unlucky on Downpatrick. The only thing i'd be concerned about now is other teams hiding covid cases in the fear of being kicked out of a championship

Maybe so. I know I wouldn't be coughing out loud in the next few weeks if it could rule me out, let alone my club out.

But I reckon most people who've been tested have done so because of contact tracing requirements than any flu-like symptoms. That'll be harder to wangle out of.

Frankie123

If there's a COVID outbreak in one of the eight remaining clubs will the championship still go ahead or will the championship be on hold?  Lol, we'll have a team winning the championship without playing the final mebbee?  Better than Duffys circus! 

champion1981

Quote from: downjim on September 02, 2020, 04:38:59 PM
wobbler i understand why the co board have thrown them out but I wonder would this happen to the bigger established division 1 clubs in the county. If 3 kilcoo player gets covid on thursday and PHA say they are our for 7 days do you think they would get thrown out?
always kilcoo with u downjim 🙈 if kilcoo had covid it will be kept under wraps,  just like burren did with the minor 😉  ,

Lotto

Ballyholland up to their usual tricks in Castlewellan apparently. Video doing the rounds of trouble in the crowd and possibly players jumping the wire, again. You would think they would learn.

knockitdown

Quote from: Lotto on September 05, 2020, 09:09:24 PM
Ballyholland up to their usual tricks in Castlewellan apparently. Video doing the rounds of trouble in the crowd and possibly players jumping the wire, again. You would think they would learn.

"Apparently" and "possibly" in the same comment. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story  ::)

Cuan12

Previous post put about Ballyholland match, a player did jump the fence to confront and fight with island supporters, that's fact , fences were originally put up to keep supporters of the field not to keep players from engaging with supporters and I believe Ballyholland and Bosco were at it at an U13 match, but as always Ballyholland will not be punished, banning their supporters for the rest of the championship and a hefty fine might be appropriate - shame they can't enjoy their team winning a great match without misbehaving , what is it with them

befair

Kilcoo to beat Rostrevor comfortably; they were v impressive against Burren, and now have all the refs intimidated. Warrenpoint are strong favs via Clonduff, who were v fortunate vs Mayobridge; but the yellows have plenty of good players, are due a big performance, and will relish being underdogs.

Mourne Rover

Huge result for Bredagh in the SHC, beating Ballycran 2-17 to 0-17. Bredagh will still finish bottom of the group but it is their first ever senior championship win over an Ards club. It will take a pretty mature poster to confirm the last time any non Ards team won a championship match - it might be Kilclief but it must be many decades ago.

Lotto

Quote from: knockitdown on September 06, 2020, 08:15:36 AM
Quote from: Lotto on September 05, 2020, 09:09:24 PM

"Apparently" and "possibly" in the same comment. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story  ::)

I wouldn't want to be accused of trolling clubs or individuals but the clip I saw was unclear, hence the ambiguity. Is that ok for you? It is very hard to believe the continued stupidity of some people though.

Warrenpoint there to be taken tonight but Clonduff stepped back and let them in. Fair play to CPN for sticking at it and not panicking. John Boyle ran the show when he came in and got them over the line. Penalties are a terrible way to go out.

guevara

Penalties were a cruel way to end that game!  Clonduff will kick themselves for not taking their chances when clear.

John Boyle was the difference. Came on and completely changed the game. You could see The Point Players get a lift from his introduction. One of the most underrated footballers in Down but by God he can play.

Some game of football for the neutral !
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

befair

Great game tonight; Point were caught on the hop by the Clonduff goals, but gradually pulled it back, John Boyle making the difference when he came on. Kilcoo look increasingly formidable, good players all over the field, and I expect them to be the ultimate winners, esp as the refs are afraid of them,; one of the Branagans clearly punched a Rostrevor player right in front of the stands (and the ref, and the linesman), but the ref only gave a yellow.

Godsown

I appreciate the difference between watching a game live at Pairc Esler and watching it on TV but I got the distinct impression that Gavin Finnegan awarded frees much easier to the Point than to Clonduff. What did any one at the game think?
Also are there any runes as to who can actually take the penalties? Is it only those who finished the game as in soccer or is it anyone on the named panel ?

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Godsown on September 06, 2020, 11:44:56 PM
I appreciate the difference between watching a game live at Pairc Esler and watching it on TV but I got the distinct impression that Gavin Finnegan awarded frees much easier to the Point than to Clonduff. What did any one at the game think?
Also are there any runes as to who can actually take the penalties? Is it only those who finished the game as in soccer or is it anyone on the named panel ?

Yes I also thought Gavin had a poor game and helped get CPN back into the game especially in the 2nd half with soft free after soft free and The yellas getting nothing up the other end.. In saying that it was great entertainment and well worth the £6 and a great effort by both teams..