China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Taylor on April 16, 2020, 04:09:35 PM
Not verified but there is a screenshot of a letter doing the rounds that pubs will not be allowed to open until 1st Sept at the earliest

I got a whatsapp this morning saying something like bars were to open in June 01st, some doctor or something. I can't mind what the accompanying text was. Pinch of salt stuff. Does the rounds on whatsapp generally false.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on April 16, 2020, 04:20:46 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 16, 2020, 11:13:00 AM
Things ramping up this morning on the virus was created in a lab theory.
came from a Wuhan lab that were doing tests on horse shoe bats , got out accidentally is what is being reported .

... and then made its way to the wet market before infecting anyone.

Faux News really have taxed their 3 brain cells to think of this one.
i usse an speelchekor

five points

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 16, 2020, 04:31:56 PM
Not verified but there is a screenshot of a letter doing the rounds that pubs will not be allowed to open until 1st Sept at the earliest

I got a whatsapp this morning saying something like bars were to open in June 01st, some doctor or something. I can't mind what the accompanying text was. Pinch of salt stuff. Does the rounds on whatsapp generally false.

I've been speaking quietly to a few friends who have pubs. They haven't a clue no more than anyone else but would be thrilled to be open by early June. Each recognises that pubs will be the among the last businesses to reopen.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: five points on April 16, 2020, 04:36:12 PM

I've been speaking quietly to a few friends who have pubs. They haven't a clue no more than anyone else but would be thrilled to be open by early June. Each recognises that pubs will be the among the last businesses to reopen.

If they aren't allowed to open by June at some point (in some form) a lot of bars won't be opening at all!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2020, 04:41:18 PM
Quote from: five points on April 16, 2020, 04:36:12 PM

If they aren't allowed to open by June at some point (in some form) a lot of bars won't be opening at all!

Off License owners would love to see them closed for a long time

Rossfan

They'll have to wait till Karen on facebook gives the OK
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

NY shutdown extended to May 15.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on April 16, 2020, 05:25:14 PM
NY shutdown extended to May 15.

Was it not sorted by Easter? Trump has said that it will all be sorted by Easter, silly me, next Easter!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Emmett

I haven't been on here in a while but would like some advice if someone could be so kind.

A friend of mine works in Belfast but has been working from home at her parents in Fermanagh.

Today she received word that as of next week she has to return to the office and start working from there again. They are staggering workers back to the office.

She has very bad asthma and suffers with anxiety.

Can they enforce this given the UK governments stance of if you can work from home you must?

She does not feel comfortable with this plan whatsoever!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Emmett on April 16, 2020, 05:37:33 PM
I haven't been on here in a while but would like some advice if someone could be so kind.

A friend of mine works in Belfast but has been working from home at her parents in Fermanagh.

Today she received word that as of next week she has to return to the office and start working from there again. They are staggering workers back to the office.

She has very bad asthma and suffers with anxiety.

Can they enforce this given the UK governments stance of if you can work from home you must?

She does not feel comfortable with this plan whatsoever!

Once those companies are named and shamed on Social Media they might back down, but I thought the call from the government was work from home if you can... Strange one

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on April 16, 2020, 04:46:16 PM

They'll have to wait till Karen on facebook gives the OK

They won't need Karen from Facebook to tell , mannions, Durcans, creatons In ballagh , all closed for good now with rumours of another two also thinking about folding .

This covid19 could quite possibly be the final nail in the coffin of rural towns in the west .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

A short sharp kill rather than the long drawn out one that's been underway for the last 20 or more years? :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

61 more deaths have been notified on the island of Ireland in the past day. The highest daily death toll so far.

shantygael

Just saw an "official" government letter regarding pubs opening,the 1st September  is the date at the minute ,no earlier.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Cunny Funt

Quote from: shantygael on April 16, 2020, 07:07:47 PM
Just saw an "official" government letter regarding pubs opening,the 1st September  is the date at the minute ,no earlier.

This letter?

https://mobile.twitter.com/newschambers/status/1250841549082169346