China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I seen the figures for care homes in Europe. Between 45% and 57%!

Ireland figure is 54% deaths are happening in care homes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Is it not a case of how the French are counting the deaths? Ie they are including care home deaths while other countries are not? I mentioned earlier on this thread that the UK weren't even including deaths in hospital that had covid19 on their death certificate unless they had a positive test. I know the states were doing similar but they may have changed that in the last couple of days. In short it is even difficult to compare daily death counts between countries if there is a disparity on how it is counted. Some countries figures maybe close to the actual reality and others not so much. All that being said the numbers coming out of France make for harrowing reading.

Milltown Row2

France was including them it seems as they were giving off about how the UK was saying they were better! Until they were told you are not including care home numbers!

So France are actually below Britain if they just count hospital deaths
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2020, 11:06:15 PM
France was including them it seems as they were giving off about how the UK was saying they were better! Until they were told you are not including care home numbers!

I'm really not sure how anyone can compare numbers by country and then make statements about them with conviction.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on April 15, 2020, 11:09:40 PM

I'm really not sure how anyone can compare numbers by country and then make statements about them with conviction.

This is currently on the Peston show

Saffrongael

Yeah it's a total waste of time at this point
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2020, 11:14:14 PM

This is currently on the Peston show

"Anyone" includes journalists, broadcasters, scientists, politicians, NHS workers.... and even celebrities

macdanger2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2020, 10:59:05 PM

Where are you getting 54% from? HSE update this evening said that 64% of deaths had occurred in hospital

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0415/1130739-covid-ireland-update/

QuoteIn relation to the people who have died, 284 or 64% occurred in hospital. In 84% of cases there was an underlying condition. The median age is 82

Milltown Row2

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 15, 2020, 11:43:10 PM

Where are you getting 54% from? HSE update this evening said that 64% of deaths had occurred in hospital

QuoteIn relation to the people who have died, 284 or 64% occurred in hospital. In 84% of cases there was an underlying condition. The median age is 82

The figure came up on the Peston show

armaghniac

QuoteIn relation to the people who have died, 284 or 64% occurred in a hospital. In 84% of cases there was an underlying condition. The median age is 82

Some of those who died in a hospital were brought there from care homes.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2020, 11:46:56 PM

The figure came up on the Peston show

I saw that as well MR2.

Most other EU countries were also deemed to be in and around the 50% mark as well IIRC so if the UK is anything like that then they'll be top of the European league for deaths from/with CV-19.

This Friday when they're meant to release the outside hospital numbers as well will be telling although I think both Scotland and Wales already count these figures on a daily basis.

JoG2

Quote from: Rossfan on April 15, 2020, 05:16:24 PM
Time to put Trailer in charge of dealing with this Virus..
...or would Karen on facebook do a better job?

;D

I'd be gobsmacked if 4 maybe 5 from this thread haven't been headhunted to spearhead Ireland's Corona Rapid Annihilation Programme

GetOverTheBar

Things ramping up this morning on the virus was created in a lab theory.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 16, 2020, 11:13:00 AM

Trump is a retard.  ::)

Anyone who finds him acceptable is also a retard.  [that is just a general observation, I'm not aiming at you.]

That is what the Chinese do, they sit in labs generating viruses and then spreading them around their country with the aim of hurting the Imperialist Americans.

That of course, is why SARS (2003) killed 349 people in China and literally a whole 0 people in the USA. They then improved on this with MERS, which killed a full 0 people in the USA.

(Both of which were definitively traced to horseshoe bats in Yunnan and Egyptian tomb bats respectively.)
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 16, 2020, 11:50:36 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 16, 2020, 11:13:00 AM

Trump is a retard.  ::)

Anyone who finds him acceptable is also a retard.  [that is just a general observation, I'm not aiming at you.]

That is what the Chinese do, they sit in labs generating viruses and then spreading them around their country with the aim of hurting the Imperialist Americans.

That of course, is why SARS (2003) killed 349 people in China and literally a whole 0 people in the USA. They then improved on this with MERS, which killed a full 0 people in the USA.

(Both of which were definitively traced to horseshoe bats in Yunnan and Egyptian tomb bats respectively.)

Acceptable, certainly not. But I do admit to his complete lack of tact at times giving me a giggle.