The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 30, 2014, 05:07:23 PM
Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2014, 03:46:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 30, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn

There is already on ongoing federal investigation:10 second Google search would have uncovered
that fact/opinion for you.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/225265-holder-civil-rights-charges-still-possible

Holy crap Whitey, I have got to hand it to you, I knew you were a big shot, but I don't know how you managed to get the constitution of the great state of Missouri, and the US constitution changed overnight in order to win a couple of points on a discussion forum on Gaelic games but I'm looking forward to reading your article to find out.

"pregnant pause"

oh wait, no you didn't. You have posted an article about the ongoing federal investigation into a civil rights case which has been ongoing since the incident itself.
Some details for you on that one and how unlikely that is to happen: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/federal-civil-rights-charges-unlikely-against-police-officer-in-ferguson-shooting/2014/10/31/56189d80-6055-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html

you do of course realize that a federal civil rights case has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the grand jury? Or maybe that's an opinion too?

Feds pressurize McCulloch to resign, new prosecutor reconvenes a grand jury....simple as.

What authority do the feds have to make a local prosecutor resign?

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2014, 06:08:33 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 30, 2014, 05:07:23 PM

Feds pressurize McCulloch to resign, new prosecutor reconvenes a grand jury....simple as.

Again interesting opinion, unfortunately again, not legally possible with the current system in Missouri, or indeed anywhere in the United States. However there can be the appointment of a special prosecutor to convene a new grand jury. That would be up to Governor Jay Nixon to appoint a special prosecutor, and he has already come out and categorically stated he would not entertain the idea.

Some (very disputed) legal opinion suggests that there is a legal possibility that St. Louis County Circuit Court may have a right to appoint a special prosecutor for the case, however they have been closed since last week and have not commented as yet as to whether they believe they have that right, or whether if they do, they would even entertain the idea.

As before this has absolutely nothing to do with any Federal body or "Feds pressurizing" whatsoever, but don't let that get in the way of any more of your posts.

Out of curiosity, can you also clarify to whom you are referring when you say "Feds"?

Wow......were really getting into the weeds on this one

The term  "Feds" is loose description of any federal agency, and in the context of this dialogue, I would be referring to the DOJ.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/jurisprudence/2014/11/michael_brown_and_rodney_king_department_of_justice_should_file_civil_charges.html

If you don't have time to read the entire article here's a direct quote

"There is precedent for the federal government to step in and prosecute police officers for violent acts when local authorities are unable to secure a conviction"

Notice I used the  word "pressure" rather than "force" McCulloch him to resign.

As part of Holders investigation into the Fergusn Police Dept. It would be very easy to broaden the probe and investigate McCulloch's department. Dig up enough $hit on him, pressurize him to resign and see where you go with a new prosecutor.

These are obviously opinions

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 30, 2014, 08:44:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 30, 2014, 07:45:48 PM
your spiel is a bit tired now, Sheehy. Israel and the US are untouchable as far as you are concerned.
Anyone who objects gets ladled with insults.
Can't someone like things like bagels and Bruce Springsteen without having to swallow bombing Gaza with white phosphorous and systematic police brutality against black people?

What is getting tiresome is your continued xenophobia, anti-semitism and double standards and your constant attempts to take every incident that happens in the US and use it to further your twisted geopolitical take on the world.
The way you cynically exploit these incidents is sickening.

Treating Palestinians like vermin is hardly Jewish, is it?
I'm not xenophobic either. Christ.
I don't take "every incident that happens in the US". Most of the time what goes on there is fine.

Systematic abuse can be pretty sickening.
Abuses of power are the same anywhere- whether in the US, Israel, France, Ireland or wherever. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mike Sheehy

Yes, Systematic abuses of power are the same anywhere. It is a pity you are so selective when it comes to highlighting such abuses though.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on November 30, 2014, 09:03:14 PM

Wow......were really getting into the weeds on this one.

you have got to be kidding now, weeds? Do you mean facts? Facts is what we are getting into.

As part of Holders investigation into the Fergusn Police Dept. It would be very easy to broaden the probe and investigate McCulloch's department. Dig up enough $hit on him, pressurize him to resign and see where you go with a new prosecutor.

Mr Whitey, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on December 01, 2014, 02:34:59 AM

Wow......were really getting into the weeds on this one.

you have got to be kidding now, weeds? Do you mean facts? Facts is what we are getting into.

Mr Whitey, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

LOL-you need to get out more. Do you really think that couldn't happen?

http://www.alternet.org/bush-used-irs-fbi-cia-and-secret-service-go-after-opponents-where-was-fox-and-gop-outrage

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_targeting_controversy

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/060313-658636-lois-lerner-targeted-durbon-opponent-al-salvi.htm?ven=rss

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/state-local-politics/198123-political-targeting-of-walker-supporters-proves-it

stew

Quote from: gallsman on November 29, 2014, 06:09:03 PM
Mike, I note you haven't contributed to the "social media humiliation" thread. By your logic your silence incriminates you - you condone that type ofbehaviour. Pathetic. You've lived in America for 20 years? Stay another f**king fifty and don't come home.

Anger just got the better of ye gall bladder!!! ;D

Can anyone tell me what it is gypsies contribute to Irish society?

Give him stick mental mike! ;)

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on December 01, 2014, 02:42:01 PM
Mike, I note you haven't contributed to the "social media humiliation" thread. By your logic your silence incriminates you - you condone that type ofbehaviour. Pathetic. You've lived in America for 20 years? Stay another f**king fifty and don't come home.

Stew- don't encourage him

"Ultimately, individuals who troll or become obsessed with conspiracy theories can be driven by many factors – boredom, loneliness, a need for validation – and we cannot discount the possibility of mental health problems."

Some kind of Internet Tourette maybe   

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on December 01, 2014, 03:00:17 PM

"Ultimately, individuals who troll or become obsessed with conspiracy theories can be driven by many factors – boredom, loneliness, a need for validation – and we cannot discount the possibility of mental health problems."

It is telling that rather than confront him about what he said you choose to throw insults at me.

I suggest you stop trolling the US using dead Americans to further your tiresome geopolitical agenda.

It is extremely distasteful.

gallsman

You don't even get your own hypocrisy. In your utter desperation to have a pop at me you attempt to align yourself with someone who had already stated their repulsion to the views you hold.

As for "gall bladder", I'm not really sure what it's suppose to mean. Not really surprising I guess as I'm fairly sure you have no idea what you mean either. You never do. Was it an insult? If so, not one of your, eh, better ones. Definitely not as good as " gallfucker". Maybe you hit a creative plateau with that one and are struggling to get back?

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 01, 2014, 04:27:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 01, 2014, 03:00:17 PM

It is telling that rather than confront him about what he said you choose to throw insults at me.

I suggest you stop trolling the US using dead Americans to further your tiresome geopolitical agenda.

It is extremely distasteful.
There's something wrong with you, Sheehy. The same thing with Gallsman now.
And insults- you're the one that dishes them out.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on December 01, 2014, 08:34:26 PM

Hating jews and Americans won't solve the structural problems of the world Seafoid.

and you should learn how to have genuine empathy for people as opposed to simply exploiting their suffering to play politics.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 01, 2014, 10:17:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 01, 2014, 08:34:26 PM

Hating jews and Americans won't solve the structural problems of the world Seafoid.

and you should learn how to have genuine empathy for people as opposed to simply exploiting their suffering to play politics.
Often times they disingenuously express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, pretend to throw arbitrary tantrums, and never hesitate to contribute absurd, non-sequitur remarks at any perceived opportunity.

seafoid

"The collapse of Gazan society is directly attributable to Hamas and it is a collapse fully aided and abetted  by anti-Semitic propagandists like you."

How is anyone supposed to take you seriously, Sheehy ?
And now you want to start on Gallsman.

Mike Sheehy

When did you first start hating jews ? It is strange for someone from Ballinasloe to have such as strong prejudice against a religion which, I assume, has no presence in that area. Was it passed down to you perhaps ?