The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2014, 08:03:52 PM
In saying that, a God knows what they are at now. Utd are dung and still managed to win 3-0

De Gea is why they won 3-0
Balotelli did everything right a few times
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: heganboy on December 14, 2014, 10:05:58 PM
In saying that, a God knows what they are at now. Utd are dung and still managed to win 3-0

That's the attitude. What are keepers meant to do during a game??  Strikers put the ball in the net wingers cross the ball. So lets get it straight the only reason they won 3-0 was because of the keeper?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Carmen Stateside

30 point swing between Liverpool and United since end of last season. United no world beaters either which makes it worse.

heganboy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2014, 11:39:43 PM
Quote from: heganboy on December 14, 2014, 10:05:58 PM

That's the attitude. What are keepers meant to do during a game??  Strikers put the ball in the net wingers cross the ball. So lets get it straight the only reason they won 3-0 was because of the keeper?

easy there tiger. United made it look comfortable today, and were good value for the win, my reasoning behind the De Gea remark is this: united had 6 shots on target, one was offside (not given) and one was a decent save from Jones from Van Persie. Thats 2 out of the 4 remaining shots united put away.
Liverpool on the other hand had 9 shots on target, of those shots 1 was a poor effort from sterling, and one a world class save palming Ballotelli's snap shot on to the cross bar. 2 goals would have been a reasonable return on another day but, De Gea again demonstrated his excellence, and I find to tough to see much difference between him and Neuer, and would rank them both just ahed of Courtois.
A good keeper would lift that Liverpool team no end and stop the back 4 cowering and panicking.
The chances that Balotelli has been missing will start to drop, and i look forward to him and Sturridge together, not all doom and gloom, but any other keeper outside of the 3 named above would have been a completely different story.

Out of curiosity, if the only change in that game had been switching keepers, what do you think the score would have been?

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

All ifs buts and maybes..... Utd had the better strikers on the pitch to put away the chances that were presented to them, Liverpool didn't. Had Liverpool done so (a better striker would have) then the scoreline would have been different.

The difference from last year is crazy... One striker. Had anybody the choice they would have channelled all that money into a like for like player
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2014, 06:45:29 AM
All ifs buts and maybes..... Utd had the better strikers on the pitch to put away the chances that were presented to them, Liverpool didn't. Had Liverpool done so (a better striker would have) then the scoreline would have been different.

The difference from last year is crazy... One striker. Had anybody the choice they would have channelled all that money into a like for like player
In fairness the difference is more than one striker. The year before last year he also played and Liverpool finished that season in seventh.

nrico2006

Quote from: beer baron on December 14, 2014, 03:55:40 PM
Is Gerrard injured or why wasn't he playing?

Usually only see him at Old Trafford when their is a penalty or close-in free kick to be hit.

Better team won easily yesterday, not bad considering United are missing half a team.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lynchbhoy

IMO folk are expecting miracles from the Liverpool goalkeeping position!

The defense starts up front but is based in a strong midfield and central midfield.
IMO Liverpool have decent enough midfielders and the lack of shots Man U got away would IMO back this up .
Can't really fault the keeper yesterday and before joining Liverpool minolet was excellent.
Def has lost confidence.
My statement from a few months back that Liverpool needed defenders and IMO 4 new centre halves ( though they got lovren) still holds.
Skertl a fecking nightmare ( any keeper playing behind skyrtl and agger last year would be scarred for life ) plus toure obv not what he once was.

I think Liverpool need rid of Rodgers now.
Losing to that poor Man U team in that manner was the final straw

deiseach

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 15, 2014, 08:01:40 AM

In fairness the difference is more than one striker. The year before last year he also played and Liverpool finished that season in seventh.

I'd take seventh at this stage! The additional absence of Sturridge accounts for the vast gap between last season and this, but they really should have been better prepared for the absence of a sick note.

Medic

When you're a joke at the back, it's a waste of time. This scoreline flatters United to say the least, but Liverpool only have themselves to blame. Happened all season long!!
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on December 15, 2014, 09:17:11 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 15, 2014, 08:01:40 AM

I'd take seventh at this stage! The additional absence of Sturridge accounts for the vast gap between last season and this, but they really should have been better prepared for the absence of a sick note.

I agree.

Strange game actually. United were full value for their win alright, but they were so poor themselves that De Gea was probably their best player, and that's unusual in a 3-0 win. I think it does show that United are going in the right direction, and Liverpool are at best treading water, trying to stay afloat and hoping for a huge turnaround. Liverpool were better yesterday than in a lot of games I've watched, which gives you an idea of where the bar is currently at.

United should go on and shore up third now, but I think Liverpool will be lucky to make the top 6 unless something changes quickly. If they at least play with that sort of effort in the games coming up, they might have a chance. I fear the Arsenal game now though. They'll be slick going forward, and will be mad to avenge the 5-1 last year.

The January window will tell a lot. If Rodgers is not allowed to spend big money, I'd say he's on borrowed time.

supersub

Choice wasn't as straightforward as that though - they had to add considerable bodies to the squad due to CL commitments, they were playing with 13/14 players Feb-May last year! Money had to be channelled into the squad, although obviously a chunk should have gone to a proven striker!

deiseach

Quote from: supersub on December 15, 2014, 09:39:45 AM
Choice wasn't as straightforward as that though - they had to add considerable bodies to the squad due to CL commitments, they were playing with 13/14 players Feb-May last year! Money had to be channelled into the squad, although obviously a chunk should have gone to a proven striker!

They wanted Alexis Sanchez and they chased Alexis Sanchez, but he chose Arsenal :-[

Walter Cronc

People say they should have bought a 'proven' striker but how many proven strikers are out there??

Who else could Liverpool have went for? Jackson Martinez perhaps but is he a goal machine?

Bingo

Been a long time since a Liverpool team was as widely known in the run up to a game. The exact team was all over twitter on Saturday and Jones was the big talking point. Always see it as a sign that the dressing room is lost and talking outside when such teams leak as much.

Couldn't believe that Jones was put in for this game. Weeks ago you'd have made a stronger case. While Mignolet hasn't set the world alight, he has settled a bit and over the last few games has even managed a few clean sheets. Those is front of him are as much as a problem. Going to OT and fearing a barrage of crosses wasn't going to happen. Can't get my head round it....Jones at OT after not playing for an age.

As for the rest, its all been said. We are paying for not having a striker and can not pass the buck on that. If Sturridge was Suarezs replacement, who was to replace Sturridge? Can't be Lambert. If it was Ballotelli, we can only wait to see how him and Sturridge play together, if we get a chance to see that.

Rodgers is certainly under immense pressure and two games this week could break him. Bournement are flying and scoring goals for fun. Arsenal are blowing hot and cold but will smell revenge for last seasons thumping.

Wasn't actually gutted yesterday, as I expected that.