The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2014, 02:07:44 PM
Quote from: deiseach on December 02, 2014, 02:01:31 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 29, 2014, 05:02:55 PM
Glen Johnson... never doubted him  :D

The scary thing about Glen Johnson's bravery in, Kevin Moran-style, flinging his head in where other players would be reluctant to put their boot, is that it suggests he has been trying all this time...

I know,  imagine trying when the transfer window is coming up and you can agree a pre-contract agreement on a nice fat wage or renew your contract on a nice fat wage!  A cynical man could be very cynical.

Don't even joke about that  >:(

heganboy

I know,  imagine trying when the transfer window is coming up and you can agree a pre-contract agreement on a nice fat wage or renew your contract on a nice fat wage!  A cynical man could be very cynical.

Good job we don't know any cynical men...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: heganboy on December 02, 2014, 02:30:48 PM

Good job we don't know any cynical men...

Yes, just as well we are not cynical!!

See the club has gone even Messi-er than before

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/elevenyearold-irish-messi-set-to-join-liverpool-30790444.html

QuoteA host of top clubs around Europe are said to be interested in signing Irish-born Zak Gilsenan and according to today's Star, he has opted for Merseyside after his family decided to move to England.

Gilsenan is originally from Castleknock but moved to Australia due to the work commitments of his father. He hit the headlines when he was just nine years of age when he bagged seven goals in a trial game, a feat that earned him a two-year stay at Barcelona in the same academy that produced a certain Lionel Messi.

At that time, Zak's father Stephen said: "We were living in Australia when Zak was spotted by Spurs, who were running football camps over there. We came home with the intention of letting Zak go to Spurs, but in the meantime we had a call from Barcelona.

"One of their former players saw him playing in Oz and recommended him. They offered Zak a trial in May and it was a great experience. It consisted of over 400 boys from all over the world. He was asked back in June when it was cut down to 90.

"Then in a match between the top 16 players, Zak just ran riot and scored seven goals. He was phenomenal. Then we heard back two weeks ago and they offered him a spot."

Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal, as well as a host of European clubs, are reportedly interested in signing the Dubliner but it now looks like it's Liverpool who have won the race to recruit Ireland's hottest young prospect.

GJL

Not the sharpest tool in the box is he!

muppet

Quote from: GJL on December 02, 2014, 03:37:54 PM

I think it is hilarious.

It would be like opening peace talks with a punch.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: GJL on December 02, 2014, 03:37:54 PM

The most inoffensive offensive post in social media history.

cadhlancian

I'd say you might see Czech at Anfield , start of January. I think Mignolets is finished. Trying to manufacture a  role for Gerrard, he's not a 10 or anything close to one. Not sure he should be playing much any more. A bit like Mickey Mallon circa Tir Eoghain 1986 ;)

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Gonna be a nervy last 15mins.
Thought that was a stonewall peno myself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

cadhlancian

Never a penalty. He just didn't have the legs to get around him.

Gabriel_Hurl

TabClear

Mario a racist. No. Mario having about as much sense as his toothbrush. Yes. You do wonder what goes through some of these footballers/celebrities heads when they post on Twitter. ::)

Good result tonight but again, performance was worrying, especially against ten men. On the right track though, a win against basle next Tuesday and against the mancs the following Sunday and there might be a glimmer of hope...

On the other hand, lose this weekend,draw against basle and get beat by United and it will be a long Christmas

JoG2

Gerrard was good tonight. That's his best position at this stage. Lucas and big Marty v good. Sterling put in some shift but was rode by the ref.

100% penalty

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 02, 2014, 09:43:50 PM
2 wins on the bounce  :D
You'll be accused of saying Liverpool are going to win the league.

JoG2

What decade is Lalana's hair do from?