Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ThatManJimmyMagee

are you telling Nakamura is better than Beckham was? is that what yer sayin here?

Croí na hÉireann

Lads when ur finished throwing ur hissy fits go back and check who introduced Beckham into the thread and what the context was...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2008, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 17, 2008, 02:28:55 PM
I think he's got a bit more composure than Beckham and even at free kicks looks to place the ball rather than blast and swerve it.

Oh FFS, dont tell me you are serious?
He scores a decent goal & you are having a w4nkfest over him
An average player in Scotland, a below average player anywhere else

How can he be average in Scotland? He was player of the year last year which tends to suggest he is one of the best players in Scotland.

He may be average elsewhere but certainly not in Scotland. Personally I think it's to his credit that he's done so well in Scotland where the football is so fast and physical when he would probably be more suited to a slower more technical league.

full back

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 17, 2008, 03:01:20 PM
Lads when ur finished throwing ur hissy fits go back and check who introduced Beckham into the thread and what the context was...

Regardless of who brought Beckham up croi, you said he has more composure than Beckham :D
And are you saying his free kicks are better than Beckham?

ThatManJimmyMagee

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 17, 2008, 03:02:46 PM
I think he's got a bit more composure than Beckham and even at free kicks looks to place the ball rather than blast and swerve it.

How can he be average in Scotland? He was player of the year last year which tends to suggest he is one of the best players in Scotland.

He may be average elsewhere but certainly not in Scotland. Personally I think it's to his credit that he's done so well in Scotland where the football is so fast and physical when he would probably be more suited to a slower more technical league.

holy fcuk  :D

full back

How can he be average in Scotland? He was player of the year last year

Dont talk about player of the year in Scotland FFS
Maloney won it one year & I think even that athlete of the game John Hartson won it as well (maybe he was joint winner? )
I may have been ott when I said he was average in Scotland, but he is certainly below average in any other decent league

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ThatManJimmyMagee on April 17, 2008, 03:08:39 PM

holy fcuk  :D

I would hardly take the views seriously of someone who on another thread is having digs at Hillsborough memorial services.

Reptile behaviour.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2008, 03:05:48 PM

Regardless of who brought Beckham up croi, you said he has more composure than Beckham :D

I was referring to penalties, which is the context that Beckam was brought into the debate at... In true Non GAA Discussion style this is where I would try to get the dig in and say "Try to keep up" but I couldn't be bothered  8)

Free kicks? Beckham has more pace and power on his whereas Naka tries to get them up and down accurately. Who's better? I don't know, check the stats...

ThatManJimmyMagee

Scottish football is so fast  :D

that has to be one of the dumbest statements ever!

full back

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 17, 2008, 03:16:27 PM

I was referring to penalties

How many penalties has Naka hit for Celtic or his country that shows his composure?

Main Street

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2008, 02:52:30 PM
Main st, croi was comparing him to Beckham  :D
Now, while Beckham isnt the best in the world Naka wouldnt even lace his boots
I understood Croi to be favourably comparing some aspects.
It's pretty obvious that Naka has not demonstrated such consistency nor has he played for a top team at the top level like Man U or Madrid.
Naka doesn't bomb down the wing and hit an inch perfect cross like Beckham did.
He is another type of player and lightweight.
But imo Nakas range of sublime passing ability compares well and Nakas free kicks are as good as you get.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2008, 03:47:57 PM
Quote from: full back on April 17, 2008, 02:52:30 PM
Main st, croi was comparing him to Beckham  :D
Now, while Beckham isnt the best in the world Naka wouldnt even lace his boots
I understood Croi to be favourably comparing some aspects.
It's pretty obvious that Naka has not demonstrated such consistency nor has he played for a top team at the top level like Man U or Madrid.
Naka doesn't bomb down the wing and hit an inch perfect cross like Beckham did.
He is another type of player and lightweight.
But imo Nakas range of sublime passing ability compares well and Nakas free kicks are as good as you get.

as for the bits in bold....I'd say - neither did beckham (play well that is for the first one) he was a stationary crosser of the ball who took good corners (unlike Nakamura) and scored spectacular free kicks - like nakamura. Was a bit more robust and a better defender, but after a few seasons of promise then flitting with good play, fergie got fed up with the enigma who just wasnt delivering and got rid. Nakamura wouldnt have made it onto the man u team though to be fair.

just a few comments on other snippets mentioned in above posts...

Scottish football is quite fast (apart from when rangers are playing)

John Hartson was obv not an athlete but a proven goal scoring machine (in international, spl and eng prem)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2008, 03:42:39 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 17, 2008, 03:16:27 PM

I was referring to penalties

How many penalties has Naka hit for Celtic or his country that shows his composure?

Quick search returned these

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LwtDW3D9Vp4

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=qVs0GzUOnS4

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Ox8h4hxFA 2 mins 30 in

Croí na hÉireann

Wonder was his holiness responsible for this banner    :P

gawa316

Anyone any stats on how many goals Celtic have scored from say the 88 min til the end of the game, in the last 5 years?

It's unbelieveable, I used to think salford were bad.

Is it down to a 'we're never beaten attitude' or the quality and fitness of the opposition? Combination of both I would say