?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

Quote from: Main Street on January 29, 2008, 01:22:21 PM

In fact if you took only Boruc from the present team and put him in MON's team how things would have been different

celtic would definitely have qualified for the latter stages of the champions league a few times before they eventually did - no doubt about it. the uefa cup final as well against porto would have went to penalties if it werent for douglas. and a keeper like boruc would have been ideal for the penalty shootout. the mistakes that rab douglas and hedman made in europe were shocking.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on January 29, 2008, 01:22:21 PM
When you compare the present team with the first team 5 years ago I see only 2 real improvements, the outstanding Boruc and Nakamura. Brown replaces Petrov, McGeady is a survivor and defintly a better player now.
Overall the team is getting poorer, except for Boruc they would be already dead.

In fact if you took only Boruc from the present team and put him in MON's team how things would have been different

You forget McDonald, he's playing very well and IMO he would have been in MON's team.
It's ok to look back at MON's team and say that they were fantastic, they were, but WGS has had to come in and practically build a new team, two league titles, last 16 in CL etc... think he's doing ok to date, yes the performances have been poor this year and the team do not play attractive football and WGS does things which annoy/freak/worry the fcuk out of me (Sno, Sno, Sno) but we are still in the last 16 and still have a chance of winning 3 leagues in a row (for what I believe would only be the third/fourth time in our history!), also still in the SCup.

EG did Lavatory also not come out with some bullshit excuse about getting "hassle" if he were to sign for Celtic? Funnily enough it was about the time Fulham came a sniffing!
"Wee" is a local term used to describe many shaped things big and small - as you are well aware of.  ::)

Three goals in 24 appearances for Burnley this season - one million a goal FFS!!  ::)
Tbc....

tyroneman

Hopefully Lafferty will be the final nail in WGS coffin at Celtic Park.

You begin to wonder if the board actually trust him with cash...........

Mo Camara
Paul Telfer
Du Wei
JVoH (1 good season)
Gary Caldwell
Stephen Pressley
Mark Wilson (1 good season if you added up all his games)
Mark Brown
Maciej Zurawski (1 good season)
Adam Virgo
Dion Dublin
Lee Naylor (1 good season)
Paul Hartley
Kenny Miller
Tommy G
Jiri Jarosik
Evander Sno
Deek Riordan

Lets be honest, football at CP has been p*ss poor since the middle of last season and evn before that is was passable at best.

QuoteYou forget McDonald, he's playing very well and IMO he would have been in MON's team

Ahead of who? Henke, Sutton or Hartson?????

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

How could you include Mark Wilson in that list, the poor sods been injured most of his time at Celtic!  :)

Would agree with alot of the list though, but am wondering how many of those on the list cost us a transfer fee??
Tbc....

Main Street

Transfer fee  or not they take up space and wages.

But it has to be said up until Celtic, Strachan had a good record and showed a good profit from buying and selling on.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on January 29, 2008, 02:03:58 PM
Transfer fee  or not they take up space and wages.

But it has to be said up until Celtic, Strachan had a good record and showed a good profit from buying and selling on.

Agreed, but if we could off-load Bobo and Gravesen we could save a fortune! Would probably have enough for Kaka's wages!  ;)
Tbc....

Evil Genius

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 29, 2008, 01:42:24 PM
EG did Lavatory also not come out with some bullshit excuse about getting "hassle" if he were to sign for Celtic? Funnily enough it was about the time Fulham came a sniffing!
"Wee" is a local term used to describe many shaped things big and small - as you are well aware of.  ::)

Nope! In fact, he was asked did he anticipate any hassle if he signed for Celtic (seeing as he is a Rangers supporting NI player) and he said if he did, he wouldn't let it put him off. Rather, he was more concerned about whether it would be a good career move for him at this stage, about which he'd need to speak to his family. (He was only 18 or 19 at the time, after all).
Frankly, if he should sign, I doubt whether it would be a problem, but if it was, it might even be the Celtic fans who have more of a problem than NI fans, if your (misguided) post is anything to go by.

Three goals in 24 appearances for Burnley this season

Although I don't think Lafferty will ever be prolific, that's not really why Celtic and others are interested. Rather, he's expected to develop into a big target man who will set up chances for his fellow strikers, whilst weighing in with his own share. As for his tally this season, that's not representative, since with Burnley already having Gray, Blake and Akinbiyii, both Cotterill and Coyle have been picking Laff on the left side of midfield, from where goalscoring chances are obviously more limited.

one million a goal FFS!!  ::)

Here's a "Goal in a Million" for you then:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mOBTMM6Sanc&feature=related
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 29, 2008, 02:18:29 PM

Nope! In fact, he was asked did he anticipate any hassle if he signed for Celtic (seeing as he is a Rangers supporting NI player) and he said if he did, he wouldn't let it put him off. Rather, he was more concerned about whether it would be a good career move for him at this stage, about which he'd need to speak to his family. (He was only 18 or 19 at the time, after all).
Frankly, if he should sign, I doubt whether it would be a problem, but if it was, it might even be the Celtic fans who have more of a problem than NI fans, if your (misguided) post is anything to go by.

Three goals in 24 appearances for Burnley this season

Although I don't think Lafferty will ever be prolific, that's not really why Celtic and others are interested. Rather, he's expected to develop into a big target man who will set up chances for his fellow strikers, whilst weighing in with his own share. As for his tally this season, that's not representative, since with Burnley already having Gray, Blake and Akinbiyii, both Cotterill and Coyle have been picking Laff on the left side of midfield, from where goalscoring chances are obviously more limited.

one million a goal FFS!!  ::)

Here's a "Goal in a Million" for you then:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mOBTMM6Sanc&feature=related

I have no problem with who he supports or plays football for (as long as its not us) the problem i have is that he's shite! Unproven as a goal scorer and a joke at 3 million.
BTW your attempt at tarring Celtic fans as the same as Six counties fans shows that you have no understanding of Celtic fans, religion was never an issue with the team.

Lavatorys record at Burnley in his 3 seasons - 76 appearances - 8 goals!!
Tbc....

nifan

Quotethe problem i have is that he's shite!

How much do you actually know about him?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on January 29, 2008, 02:30:54 PM
Quotethe problem i have is that he's shite!

How much do you actually know about him?

Lavatorys record at Burnley in his 3 seasons - 76 appearances - 8 goals!!
Tbc....

nifan

Lavatory - do you think its funny when you keep writing it :D

Rav67

Quote from: tyroneman on January 29, 2008, 01:53:06 PM
Hopefully Lafferty will be the final nail in WGS coffin at Celtic Park.

You begin to wonder if the board actually trust him with cash...........

Mo Camara
Paul Telfer
Du Wei
JVoH (1 good season)
Gary Caldwell
Stephen Pressley
Mark Wilson (1 good season if you added up all his games)
Mark Brown
Maciej Zurawski (1 good season)
Adam Virgo
Dion Dublin
Lee Naylor (1 good season)
Paul Hartley
Kenny Miller
Tommy G
Jiri Jarosik
Evander Sno
Deek Riordan

Lets be honest, football at CP has been p*ss poor since the middle of last season and evn before that is was passable at best.

I think from what i remember re their transfer fees that this entire list cost in the region of £15m (there or thereabouts anyway).  Add in Boruc, Scott Brown, Skippy, Naka, Donati, Hinkel who cost about £13m and you get a picture of how low Strachan's net sepnding has been, taking into account that he had to offload the againg mainstays of MON's team for free or on miniscule fees (eg Thompson, McNamara, Sutton, Hartson, Lennon).  O'Neill was able to spend big to buy the likes of these players and Valgaren fr example.  Don't get me wrong what O'Neill did at Celtic was amazing, turning the club into the domestic pacesetter and establishing the club on the European front once again, but Strachan has also done a good job.

As for entertainment, I think the football was good in the first season but it has become prett awful to watch in the past while.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on January 29, 2008, 03:01:04 PM
Lavatory - do you think its funny when you keep writing it :D

Nah, just keeps reminding me that he's crap.
Tbc....

Doogie Browser

nifan