Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Jack_Black

one of the worst tackles i have ever seen, how it didnt break his leg i dont know

clarshack

brilliant result but will still probably have to beat shaktar 3-0 at home.

dodo

Christ ! Just seen the tackle........what sort of a person would intentionally carry out such an act in a sports fixtiure.

bingobus

Quote from: dodo on November 06, 2007, 09:45:27 PM
Christ ! Just seen the tackle........what sort of a person would intentionally carry out such an act in a sports fixtiure.

He must model his game on Roy Keane. Can't wait for his Autobiography  ;D

GalwayBayBoy

Disgraceful tackle. How the leg didn't snap I don't know.

Incidentally McGeady was absolute sensational (as he has been for Celtic for the past few month or so) and after the RTE panel were more or less mocking him beforehand. Just goes to show they know absolutely nothing outside the English premier league.

Main Street

Scott Brown shinpads will be a big seller in the Celtic shop.

Delighted with McGeady's performance, he was class. A credit to himself and to Strachan's management of him.

Also good to have a strong finish from Celtic. Milan's win means it should be a duel between Celtic and Shakhtar.
It could also work in Celtic's favour that Milan might be happy with a draw at home in their last game.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 06, 2007, 10:13:00 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 06, 2007, 10:03:49 PM
Disgraceful tackle. How the leg didn't snap I don't know.

Incidentally McGeady was absolute sensational (as he has been for Celtic for the past few month or so) and after the RTE panel were more or less mocking him beforehand. Just goes to show they know absolutely nothing outside the English premier league.

In fairness Galwaybayboy he has been awful for Ireland and i think thats what they were judging him on

Well exactly they've seen him play a few times for Ireland and came to this conclusion even though he's playing up a storm for Celtic at the moment. If they don't see it in Ireland games or the Premier League they don't wanna know.

Though in fairness not many players shined for Ireland under Stan.

bingobus

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rvfyLxWj5CM

Laughed at Sir Righteous Dunphy talking about how real hard footballers like Giles and Souness wouldn't be seen making tackles like that. Souness was pure flith.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: bingobus on November 06, 2007, 09:55:46 PM
Quote from: dodo on November 06, 2007, 09:45:27 PM

He must model his game on Roy Keane. Can't wait for his Autobiography  ;D
:D

A terrible tackle, and Brown is lucky not to have been injured from it.

Have to laugh at Souness giving out about it, given his past: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=rvfyLxWj5CM

GalwayBayBoy

It was straight out of the Souness textbook. ;D

Rav67

McGeady was unplayable tonight, finally beginning to fulfill his potential on a consistent basis.  Hartley was immense, mopped up everything, while Brown and McDonald were also impressive.

Wouldnt have thought it a few weeks ago but a 2-0 win home to Shaktar should see us through!

lynchbhoy

is it not a 3-0 win to shaktar they need?
Still will be hard enough winning let alone scoring 3 !
With that def, it will be hard enough to not concede a goal !
sorry for being so negative. The def destroys any confidence I have in the good midfield and good forwards that Celtic have (JVOH is good when fit).

McGeady showing more and more signs of the player he was once touted to be.
He has the pace, he is starting to get stronger and not as easily pushed off the ball as he once was. He has great skill, fast feet , a decent shot and an eye for goal.
He needs to fine tune his crossing though. He also needs to end his great runs and pieces of trickery with a pass to a team mate that ends up in a shooting possibility or a decent cross as all too often his work ends up with no product.
This is improving I will add, but he is a long way off being the finished article, and if he can get there, he will be an Irish/Scots Ronaldinho.
GS needs to get new defenders in. Only for Hartley Celtic were fecked in the first half. Brown and McDonald as well as McGeady and Hartley were superb for the Celts.

T Fearon

Souness on George Mc Cluskey anyone, in one of his first games, if not the first, after taking over the Huns.

What price the point in Lisbon now if the Bhoys had held on for another couple of minutes?

Still Milan beating Shaktar was what we all wanted to see. If Milan have already qualified by the last game (and they should be) it may not be too difficult taking a crucial point at the San Siro

clarshack

a 3-0 home win against shaktar will see celtic through (unless benfica beat milan and shaktar). the 3 week break might help shaktar get over the 2 bad beatings from milan though.