NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

I'd be fearful that if Mayo put out an entirely new starting 15 that Monaghan may well get the result they need in Castlebar. The fact that they have requested a Saturday date for the League final would indicate to me that this is a distinct possibility. I still think that a Mayo 2nd string could get a result but I wouldn't be overly confident either. We just have to take care of our own business in Omagh and as the game creeps closer I am quietly confident that the recent criticism, the fact that survival is on the line and the sight of a Tyrone jersey will be enough to fire us up and get the result we need to render the Mayo match irrelevant.

harryR

Any Armagh posters. What's the story with Oisin O'Neill? Will both brothers be missing or are either likely to come back for championship. if rumours are true

tonto1888

Quote from: harryR on March 24, 2023, 12:04:38 PM
Any Armagh posters. What's the story with Oisin O'Neill? Will both brothers be missing or are either likely to come back for championship. if rumours are true

dont think we will see Oisin this year. Dont know whats going on with Rian

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Manning18 on March 24, 2023, 10:37:13 AM
The comedy roadshow that is Willie Joe's blog goes on

https://www.mayogaablog.com/its-worth-a-shot-asking-for-saturday-league-final/

Supposedly it's a player welfare issue to ask Mayo to play 7 days after a league final. But Mayo's opponents having to play 6 days after a dog fight to get to said final (which they're requesting to happen), is absolutely fine seemingly

And this is the fella that runs the site. He's actually tame compared to the rest of the yahoos on there
I don't think there's any chance of that happening. Mayo can put out a completely different team this weekend as it is.

toby47

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 24, 2023, 12:07:51 PM

Had been wondering where Oisin was. Did he miss all of last year too? Is it a run of injuries?

tonto1888

Quote from: toby47 on March 24, 2023, 02:45:27 PM

Had been wondering where Oisin was. Did he miss all of last year too? Is it a run of injuries?

achilles injury I believe. Has had no luck with injuries

armaghniac

He had a substantial operation in London to address an Achilles injury and isn't match fit yet in recovery from that.
He'd need to be playing for the club before he could envisage a return to county.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

harryR

Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2023, 02:53:34 PM

He had a substantial operation in London to address an Achilles injury and isn't match fit yet in recovery from that.
He'd need to be playing for the club before he could envisage a return to county.

He missed all last year with the club as well didn't he? Fully fit he would be a massive player for armagh

Taylor

Heard Rian was out injured then heard some other nonsense via social media channels  ::)

If ONeill doesnt play Sunday then we can have no complaints if we dont win

samuel maguire

Monaghan are brutal. Add in the suspension of 2 players and McManus playing little to no football this last while. Armagh will be fine

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on March 24, 2023, 11:59:16 AM
I'd be fearful that if Mayo put out an entirely new starting 15 that Monaghan may well get the result they need in Castlebar. The fact that they have requested a Saturday date for the League final would indicate to me that this is a distinct possibility. I still think that a Mayo 2nd string could get a result but I wouldn't be overly confident either. We just have to take care of our own business in Omagh and as the game creeps closer I am quietly confident that the recent criticism, the fact that survival is on the line and the sight of a Tyrone jersey will be enough to fire us up and get the result we need to render the Mayo match irrelevant.

Armagh drew with Mayo so i would expect Monaghan to beat a 2nd string Mayo side and they will make many changes with the final on the following week.

All comes down to result in Omagh i feel. Even a draw would keep Armagh up so long as Monaghan don't win by 15 points.

6 to 8 weeks out for Rian O'Neill

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2023/03/24/news/armagh_star_rian_o_neill_ruled_for_six-to-eight_weeks_with_quad_injury-3161559/

toby47

Quote from: harryR on March 24, 2023, 02:56:46 PM

He missed all last year with the club as well didn't he? Fully fit he would be a massive player for armagh

Where would he play? Midfield or closer to the goals? Would he be similar level of quality to Rian?

Armagh18

Quote from: toby47 on March 24, 2023, 03:51:49 PM
Quote from: harryR on March 24, 2023, 02:56:46 PM

Where would he play? Midfield or closer to the goals? Would he be similar level of quality to Rian?
Either tbh. Yes every bit as good when he's at it.

Forget about him this year though.

Blowitupref

A boost for Monaghan

Killian Lavelle has had his red card overturned ahead of Sunday’s final round Allianz Football League clash against Mayo in Castlebar.

The Clontibret defender was sent off by referee Joe McQuillan in the 48th minute of the Farney men’s loss to Tyrone in Clones last weekend for an alleged off-the-ball incident.

However, following Monaghan’s appeal to GAA’s Central Hearings Committee (CHC) last night (Thursday), the red card has been rescinded.

It leaves Lavelle free to line-out against Mayo this weekend in what is a crucial encounter for the Farney men as they look to hold on to their Division 1 status

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose