County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Anthony Cunningham  the new Portarlington football senior manager
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

4 days as manager a new record?

www.balls.ie/amp/gaa/pat-flanagan-ballinabrackey-sarsfields-537618

Itchy

Anyone come on a club being asked to pay one of their own clubmen X  000's to coach their senior team? A club near me is doing this and I couldn't believe one of their own would ask it never mind the club agree to pay it. I'm talking a mediocre enough team too. Is this now normal?

NAG1

Not sure it is the norm within home clubs and their own members.

There was a very high profile one in Derry, who is still on the gravy train now.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2022, 11:56:11 AM
Anyone come on a club being asked to pay one of their own clubmen X  000's to coach their senior team? A club near me is doing this and I couldn't believe one of their own would ask it never mind the club agree to pay it. I'm talking a mediocre enough team too. Is this now normal?

You should never charge your own club for time.

Itchy

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 03, 2023, 02:46:07 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2022, 11:56:11 AM

You should never charge your own club for time.

Totally agree but was just wondering is this now a thing that's happening more frequently as I never heard of it before

OrchardOrange

What are the chances of Jim Gavin coaching another county just to show he can prove himself beyond the county with unlimited resources and euros?

oakleaflad

Highland Radio reporting Paddy Carr has resigned as Donegal manager.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 22, 2023, 03:18:13 PM
Highland Radio reporting Paddy Carr has resigned as Donegal manager.
Most expected Donegal to be seeking for a new manager but not that soon.

WhoDat

Quote from: OrchardOrange on January 14, 2023, 09:15:30 PM
What are the chances of Jim Gavin coaching another county just to show he can prove himself beyond the county with unlimited resources and euros?

nil. he won't manage any team again imo

seafoid

The new trend is players forcing the manager out. First Limerick, then Donegal.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Galway hurlers some years ago and a few others too.
If manager hasn't the dressing room he may move on.
It's not like pro/semi pro sport where you can sell off players and bring in others
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gael85

Colm Collins stepped down as Clare manager last night after 10 years in charge. A servant to.his county.  Guided Clare from division 4 in seven seasons in Division 2 until relegated this year.  Also brought Clare to two AI Quarter Finals.

marty34

Players have a lot of power nowadays. A lot of egoes in squads.

Usually in squads who never light many fires unfortunately.