Anthony Molloy

Started by nrico2006, December 18, 2012, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Anyone know what has happened with Anthony Molloy and The Donegal Democrat?  He was venting off something serious on Facebook the past few days about a picture they have published.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

cadence

no idea... what's the issue with the picture?

nrico2006

Not sure myself, would need to have got a copy of the paper.  But he was fuming at some underhand journalist who has published a picture that he was clearly not happy with and was venting at how he cannot believe the paper (a rag in his words now) would do that considering all he had given to the paper during 92 and his Donegal days.  Whatever it is it seems pretty serious.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JHume

I had a whole piece written and then thought better of it.

Long story short: Anthony Molloy's photograph accompanied a court report about a fatal road traffic collision. Molloy was a witness to the collision, and he is unhappy at the juxtaposition of the photo and the story.

And he might have a point. It's a little odd that a witness would be photographed alongside a court report where he wasn't on trial.

LeoMc

Quote from: JHume on December 19, 2012, 09:50:46 AM
I had a whole piece written and then thought better of it.

Long story short: Anthony Molloy's photograph accompanied a court report about a fatal road traffic collision. Molloy was a witness to the collision, and he is unhappy at the juxtaposition of the photo and the story.

And he might have a point. It's a little odd that a witness would be photographed alongside a court report where he wasn't on trial.

Famous witness more important than dead victim! Something you would expect from a Murdock rag.

blanketattack