Congratulations Sligo - Div 3 Champions

Started by sligoman2, April 24, 2010, 08:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Listened to the game on the radio and it seems to have been a superb performance from Sligo.  Antrim put up a good fight in the second half but Sligo responded magnificently.

Great performance all over the field -full back line were superb, half backs played good, Excellent performance from midfield, gilmartin had three points from play.

Forwards were unbelieveable - I think we had 16 points from play.  Excellent performances from McGee, Kelly, Brehony and costelloe all superb, O'Hara had a huge came when he came in.  Special mention to Stephen Coen who responded to being dropped with three excellent scores and had a huge game.

Hard luck to Antrim but the better team won on the day.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ross4life

Yes well done Sligo with promotion already secured this win is a nice extra Bonus but the real  business end Starts now with Mayo up next! best of luck guys & i'm sure the guys that traveled up to Dublin will enjoy there night now  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

bennydorano

Congrats to Sligo, fine looking team although I do think you were more up for it than Antrim.  Healthy dose of cynicism in Sligo, N5 should have walked for thon tackle late on, as professional a foul as you are ever likely to see, having said that all good teams have a nastiness about them.  Would be very tricky opposition for any top team.

Dont know why Antirm wasted CJ at CHF, him and Cunnigham would be two thirds of a fierce FF line.

jjjshabadoojnr

Great display from the lads in a very enjoyable game. We will need the same again come June and more. Congratulations and well done to all the players and management team. Sligeach Abu

gerry

well done with a good win today lets hope they can give mayo and galway a run later this year
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Westie

Superb display alright. Great to see so many scoring forwards. I though Donovan was immense and Cawley.
Costellos passing made the full forward line tick. O'Hara did settle the team when he came in though midfield was doing well. Loved the way we responded to the goal and earlier when the score was down to 1. Good sign
I think the Markievicz pitch might come against us v Mayo, our good scoring forwards are small in stature and Mayo are big men. Tighter pitch than Croker. Looking forward to it now, looking forward with optimism, which is good for us boys on the border.

rocco

congrats to sligo on a wonderfull win / performence, their point taking was excellent. Had a lot of  j o`mahony claw marks via kevin walsh all over the team.

omagh_gael

Quote from: rocco on April 24, 2010, 10:28:30 PM
congrats to sligo on a wonderfull win / performence, their point taking was excellent. Had a lot of  j o`mahony claw marks via kevin walsh all over the team.

Ya What?  ???

lemallon

Tremendous performance by Sligo.  As a neutral using his season ticket I went straight online and had 50 euro at 200/1 to win Sam.  Many may laugh but this years All Ireland is totally wide open in my opinion and Sligo are not 200/1 shots.  They have tremendous players in O Donovan at 4 Harrison at 2 Davey at 7 Costello at 10 Breheny at 11 and Kelly at 15.  All it needs is belief they are good enough.  I know as an Armagh man I would hate to play them in the qualifiers. 

paddypastit

Lemallon - in the same vein, I just checked Paddy Power for Connaught C'ship odds.  Sligo are 16/1... good but the mad thing is Rosc are 15/2!! Figure that

EDIT; Actually figured, should've known PP wouldn't be that daft. It's all in the draw. Rosc are in the SF against the winners of Leitrim and London. Fair cop that Rosc would only have to fluke it once to win the title. Sligo may be a different proposition to earlier years but beating Mayo and Galway... now that's a whole other plate of rashers.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

rocco

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 25, 2010, 12:03:17 AM
Quote from: rocco on April 24, 2010, 10:28:30 PM

Ya What?  ???
Did i say there was a ya what about it.

sligoman2

congrats also to the management team.  Kevin Walsh has been a godsend. 

The competition for places especially in the forwards will keep everyone sharp.  Good luck to Mayo tomorrow
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ross4life

Sligo winning Connaught is worth a bet but you can't be serious you put 50 euro on them to win the All Ireland!

P.S Leitrim have beaten better Roscommon Team's in Hyde Park in the past so maybe there worth a bet too
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: lemallon on April 25, 2010, 12:13:20 AM
Tremendous performance by Sligo.  As a neutral using his season ticket I went straight online and had 50 euro at 200/1 to win Sam.  Many may laugh but this years All Ireland is totally wide open in my opinion and Sligo are not 200/1 shots.  They have tremendous players in O Donovan at 4 Harrison at 2 Davey at 7 Costello at 10 Breheny at 11 and Kelly at 15.  All it needs is belief they are good enough.  I know as an Armagh man I would hate to play them in the qualifiers.

you may as well have flushed that €50 down the toilet to be honest. putting that on sligo to win connaught would have been a much tidier bet

Lar Naparka

A good win alright; fair play to Sligo. I feel a bit sorry for Antrim as they too could do with a bit of a return for the progress they have been making in the last few years. They will have better days.
'Twas nice to see Eamonn O'Hara in action again. He's a class player and has still plenty to offer.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi