GAA SPREADS - Final Reminder

Started by sligoman2, February 02, 2007, 12:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Just wanted to give you all a final reminder that if you want to enter the football competition you need to get your entries in by 3pm on Saturday....

The site is located at www.gaaspreads.com.  If you need to register all the info is contained on the menus on the left side of the page.

For those of you new to this lark, this is a competition we have for the league and championship, we place a spread on each game to try and make it more difficult to predict the winner so for example the spread on Sligo V Tipperary (sorry folks) is Sligo by 1.5 points.  You should only select Sligo if you think they will win by at least two points and cover the 1.5 point spread.  Each game correctly picked gives you one point with zero for an incorrect pick.  You can also pick one game as your bonus game where if you pick the winner (against the spread) you get three points instead of one, however if you pick the losing team 2 points are deducted from your score.

So far we have 174 entries which is excellent.  Good luck to all................

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Spiritof98

Thats me logged on, i'm on the Armagh table is there a gaaboard mini league

Went for Cavan as my bonus pick.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Star Spangler

Cheers Sligoman.  The only difficulty I'm having with it is wading through the tons of emails I get.  Most of them seem to be replicated.

sligoman2

Yeah I know there's some problem with the mail system - Dicky Rock is working on fixing that..

If my calculations are correct there will be 118 games in the league so lots to look forward to.

realredhandfan

Ive entered but i dont have a clue what I actually did, nor do I know what a spread is yet.  And i think Ive entered the right mini league.  If Ive made mistakes maybe Im just not as clever as the rest of you except maybe that is for Armagh 4samagain

Armagh4SamAgain

Is it to compicated. You should just be able to pick a winner or a draw istead of having to add all the 1/2 pts and so on.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

heganboy

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on February 02, 2007, 03:24:14 PM
Is it to compicated. You should just be able to pick a winner or a draw istead of having to add all the 1/2 pts and so on.
Are you kidding me?
maybe you should go try the disney discussion forum
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Orior

You dont have to add anything ArmaghforSam.

Just decide if Kildare will win by 2 points or not. Its a yes or no answer!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armagh4SamAgain

Rite so im with u now. the half pts dont really count.

sligoman2

The half point is added to make sure that there is a winner for each game.

I forgot to mention that you can also choose a draw if you would like - If you choose a draw we ignore the spread and you get two points for a correct pick..

All the rules are on the site...

At this point we have 267 Entries which is way above prior competitions so we thank you all...............

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Have entered now how the f*uk do i make my bets?????????????
Tbc....

Uladh

there should be a "change your picks" option at the bottom at the page where this weekend's fixtures are listed

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Thanks Uladh, I managed to work it out last night, always a bad idea mixing beer and computers!!  ;)
Tbc....

Mac hinery

Sligoman2, I missed the 3 oclock close time can you add these in for me. Thanks.

Donegal     
Tyrone    
Kerry    
Fermanagh
Armagh    
Derry
Louth
Laois    
Carlow
Offaly    
Monaghan    Bonus
London