England or France

England
4 (8.3%)
France
44 (91.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: October 13, 2007, 11:13:32 AM

heganboy

I have got tickets through work to go and see the Rugby semi final on Saturday- what I was expecting to be a titanic battle- Australia vs New Zealand. However the sporting Gods (as they tend to) decided otherwise so I'm faced with England vs France. I'd like a steer on who to support from GAABoard public opinion, but I'll go with whoever can give me the best reason one way or the other.
Thanks
heganboy
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stpauls

France, cause the other team is England!!  :D

DirtyDozen12

Jonny Wilkinson practises his kicking with Size 5 All Ireland O'Neills Gaelic Footballs...so for this reason i am going to say....France!!! (come on man its England after all  ;))
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Declan

England of course. All together now "Swing low sweet chariot"

screenexile

In fairness I was shouting for England against Australia but that's only cos the Aussies are an arrogant shower of *&%$£. However I shall not be repeating this for the rest of the tournament as I would be happy for any of the other 3 to win the trophy!

Puckoon

Scalp the tickets (afterall its not the all ireland final) Sell the tickets for face value and put the money on argentina to win the whole thing.

heganboy

QuoteScalp the tickets (afterall its not the all ireland final)
Thought never crossed my mind, but they're going for a feckin' fortune online allegedly
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

armaghniac

I'd be French until after the anthem anyway, its a cracking tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gnevin

France , because could you really risk having to listening the English go on about a 2 in a row?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mayo4Sam

I was supporting england for the second half on saturday cause they deserved it, savage forward play but france are a different class and are actually capable of some quality back play. Plus an south africa france final would be very entertaining.

Oh and plus its f**king england man, how could u bring urself
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

his holiness nb

France (its in my genes), but for the Australia game it was tough, they really are the most arrogant shower of people when it comes to sports.

Ask me holy bollix

Fishbat

France, no doubt about it.  every time wilkinson takes up that daft stance i have to leave the room. 

Plus France have the unique talent of Chabal who manages to juggle his sports career with acting - see "Gladiator" 10 mins in where he emerges from the forest with a messengers head in his hand and flings it into the muck.

More of the same next Saturday i would expect

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 08, 2007, 06:55:09 PM
France, though my missus reckons she will be wearing her England jersey to the pub on saturday night.

You mustn't be going out in Dundalk so  :D

As loads of posters have said... FRANCE, Why?? "Its England of course" (surprsied they even got four votes so far)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on October 08, 2007, 08:05:40 PM
France off course.

Just to see Sébastien Chabal charging through the English sending them crashing like skittles.

Like this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUZI7Zdgd_o

Or to hit them like this (en francais).........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxljHECox1M

Reminded me of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvR8CsGcwyQ
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lynchbhoy

Argentina, France, England , SA in that order for me

I quite like England in rugby, love their pack play (when they get it right)
I know they are arrogant etc, but not as bad at boasting as their soccer counterparts.

Think England could beat France. Two very inconsistent teams