Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Even if it doesn't their comments to businesses and the likes of farmers unions etc should surely be damaging.

However there is plenty to play out yet and these pricks always seem to come out on top is what worries me >:(

There has to be a time when people see them for what they are. Hopefully, hopefully, that time is now.

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 17, 2018, 10:20:31 PM
Even if it doesn't their comments to businesses and the likes of farmers unions etc should surely be damaging.

However there is plenty to play out yet and these pricks always seem to come out on top is what worries me >:(

There has to be a time when people see them for what they are. Hopefully, hopefully, that time is now.

You'd think. But a lot of their voters are as deluded as they are.

imtommygunn

I am hoping the comments yesterday will move it in that direction. "Their" people may, may, actually realise that they haven't got their best interests at heart and are just a shower of bitter fools milking everything they can out of a system for themselves.

heganboy

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 17, 2018, 10:20:31 PM

Until they dont
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Orior

Quote from: seafoid on November 17, 2018, 03:25:21 PM
No surrender!"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/foster-annoyed-at-ni-business-leaders-support-for-brexit-deal-1.3700531?mode=amp

The Democratic Unionist Party and its leader, Arlene Foster, have expressed considerable irritation that Northern Irish business leaders have backed the draft EU-UK Brexit agreement.
Ms Foster has privately warned that business people were in danger of being exploited for political reasons amid the current turmoil over Brexit, it is understood.

Ms Foster privately told chamber members she was unhappy with the attitude taken by business, and that they did not understand the threat the agreement posed to the union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.On

#NotProudofNI

She would rather talk to pseudo paramilitary groups or the Orange Orde than business people.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dougal Maguire

The UUP are showing themselves to be pretty dim. As the business community, farming community and any sensible unionists are turning on the DUP for rejecting the deal, they too have come out against it. I'd have thought they'd have seized the opportunity to show themselves as a pragmatic alternative by saying that the DUP is scaremongering about the break up of the Union and that the deals a good one. Particularly as there's every possibility of a General Election soon.
Careful now

RedHand88

Rossfan

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 18, 2018, 09:55:31 AM
The UUP are showing themselves to be pretty dim. As the business community, farming community and any sensible unionists are turning on the DUP for rejecting the deal, they too have come out against it. I'd have thought they'd have seized the opportunity to show themselves as a pragmatic alternative by saying that the DUP is scaremongering about the break up of the Union and that the deals a good one. Particularly as there's every possibility of a General Election soon.
It seems they have to "outDUP" the DUPUDA who have to outBrit the TUV who have to outBrit the Orange Order.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Dominic Raab has some brass neck on him putting himself to the fore of the arch critics of the deal that he was supposed to be negotiating. The one thing this whole Brexit process has done is highlight the absolute arrogance and incompetence of British politicians.

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Quote from: yellowcard on November 18, 2018, 12:02:11 PM
Dominic Raab has some brass neck on him putting himself to the fore of the arch critics of the deal that he was supposed to be negotiating. The one thing this whole Brexit process has done is highlight the absolute arrogance and incompetence of British politicians.

Raab supposedly wasn't allowed to negotiate lol(not by the eu but from within). A farce the whole thing.

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 18, 2018, 12:44:25 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 18, 2018, 12:02:11 PM

Raab supposedly wasn't allowed to negotiate lol(not by the eu but from within). A farce the whole thing.

Clear to see he was a face for the negotiations and nothing more.
Also I just watched the Nolan Byrne crossover from during the week. Jim Allister gets angrier and angrier by the day. Hilarious to hear them still trot out the old "€50 to see a gp" excuse. No mention of the average wage being €8000 per annum higher than their beloved northern statelet.

imtommygunn

Not to mention the ongoing tory attempts to drive the nhs towards privatisation where god knows what it will cost to see a gp.

RedHand88

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 18, 2018, 12:37:25 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 18, 2018, 11:27:58 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/corbyn-brexit-second-referendum-labour-theresa-may-deal-future-not-today-sky-ridge-a8639536.html%3famp

Jeremy Corbyn does not know what way he would vote in a second referendum.
It's time for Labour to get off the pot or....

Corbyn is ridiculous

This is why I don't think Labour can win an election with Corbyn. He's endeared himself to millennials to the degree of  turning huge swathes of the over the 30 demographic against him. Especially since older voters are more likely to turn up on election day.

seafoid

RoI dropped Articles 2&3 for the GFA. The value of the GFA was shown last week.
Articles 2&3 were only ever symbolic. NI can't be prised away from the GFA.
The message to the Tories n DUP is GFY. Go f**k yourselves.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU