Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Cavanagh needs to be deployed in the area he has excelled in over the last few years. I don't thing he has the legs to be going from box to box for 70 minutes and Tyrone badly need him protecting a weak defence.

I think Burns, McDonnell, McKernan and McCann (going to be suspended anyway) would be 4 players I'd definitely be dropping after that performance.

Anyone know if Meyler is injured. I'd struggle to comprehend how he couldn't make our matchday 26 if fit.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

In hiding

Quote from: Club boi on June 10, 2019, 04:44:47 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 08, 2019, 11:09:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 08, 2019, 11:03:09 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 08, 2019, 10:56:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 08, 2019, 10:40:37 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 08, 2019, 10:32:13 PM
OK then. One final question..

Who was cavanagh marking in his battle in the middle of the pitch

If you look back at the first goal you can see Cavanagh chasing Paddy McGrath back from the Donegal 45. Now what sort of sweeper is up in the opponents half pressing the ball. What sort of sweeper is running up into the opponents 6 yard box?

A sweeper sits, he plays in front of the full back line. The problem today with Tyrone was they were all charging around like headless chickens after the ball.

Cavanagh was bombing forward all first half, if he was doing his job as a sweeper he doesn't do that. We didn't deploy a sweeper, it was clear as day and to say we did is cloud cuckoo stuff.

Thanks for answering my question

Sober up and have a look back at it as you seemed to have had a vivid imagination if you actually watched that game.

Don't change the subject just answer the fcukin question...

Who did colm cavanagh mark in his conventional role as an orthodox midfielder.

To jump in on "In Hidings" (Hartes Cub) and "Angelos" love in -

2nd half Tyrone took colm cavanagh off, pushed up on Donegal kickouts and won the second half by a score of 8 points to 5.

But sure you twist it whatever way you want

I cant believe you actually tried to argue that winning the 2nd half the other night was a positive you clown. Harte 100% to blame for that shambles. Wouldnt blame a few players for walking after seeing some excuse of players both starting and coming on. That Mc Donnell lad cant fist pass to a man 10 yards away, got PH his black card (which was a trip by leading with his foot)

I repeat, this Tyrone team are hugely over rated. I dont think I ever saw Hampshey ever roasted as bad in my life either. Suppose Murphy was due 1 against him as Hampshey as regularly won that battle

If you think I'm hartes cub then you haven't read too many of my posts.
Was winning the second half a negative for you?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on June 11, 2019, 09:32:52 AM
Cavanagh needs to be deployed in the area he has excelled in over the last few years. I don't thing he has the legs to be going from box to box for 70 minutes and Tyrone badly need him protecting a weak defence.

I think Burns, McDonnell, McKernan and McCann (going to be suspended anyway) would be 4 players I'd definitely be dropping after that performance.

Anyone know if Meyler is injured. I'd struggle to comprehend how he couldn't make our matchday 26 if fit.

Tyrone have enough trouble with Tiernan McCann without Meyler being on the pitch. Gets himself involved in too many running battles and verbals, Donegal would have had him in their palms.

toby47

Tiernan McCann should hear his fate soon. There is a meeting at some stage today

tyroneman

Mystery why Rory Brennan didn't start on McHugh. Been very effective on him in the past.

Don't think Donagal are Dublin beaters by any stretch of the imagination after that match, but are certainly a good young team progressing nicely.

Sometimes tactical gambles don't work and sometimes everything just seems to wrong for you on the day.

We had 3 clear goal chances, took none  - who knows if that would have given some confidence or rocked Donegal a little.

Hopefully not play as bad again this year - if we do - we're out

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 11, 2019, 09:38:36 AM

Tyrone have enough trouble with Tiernan McCann without Meyler being on the pitch. Gets himself involved in too many running battles and verbals, Donegal would have had him in their palms.

Meyler did a superb job on McHugh last year and his discipline is generally good. He might get under his opponents skin but I can't recall him being sent off for Tyrone yet or letting the team down in the discipline stakes.

He covers more ground than any Tyrone player I can think of and we badly missed his mobility on Saturday.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Angelo on June 11, 2019, 12:19:47 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 11, 2019, 09:38:36 AM

Meyler did a superb job on McHugh last year and his discipline is generally good. He might get under his opponents skin but I can't recall him being sent off for Tyrone yet or letting the team down in the discipline stakes.

He covers more ground than any Tyrone player I can think of and we badly missed his mobility on Saturday.

I'm a fan of Meyler too but his push on Cooper ( i think)when he was going nowhere along the sideline, which lead to Dublins second goal in the All Ireland final last year, still irks me.
That was never a square ball!!

Club boi

Quote from: In hiding on June 11, 2019, 09:33:38 AM

If you look back at the first goal you can see Cavanagh chasing Paddy McGrath back from the Donegal 45. Now what sort of sweeper is up in the opponents half pressing the ball. What sort of sweeper is running up into the opponents 6 yard box?

A sweeper sits, he plays in front of the full back line. The problem today with Tyrone was they were all charging around like headless chickens after the ball.

Cavanagh was bombing forward all first half, if he was doing his job as a sweeper he doesn't do that. We didn't deploy a sweeper, it was clear as day and to say we did is cloud cuckoo stuff.

Sober up and have a look back at it as you seemed to have had a vivid imagination if you actually watched that game.

2nd half Tyrone took colm cavanagh off, pushed up on Donegal kickouts and won the second half by a score of 8 points to 5.

I cant believe you actually tried to argue that winning the 2nd half the other night was a positive you clown. Harte 100% to blame for that shambles. Wouldnt blame a few players for walking after seeing some excuse of players both starting and coming on. That Mc Donnell lad cant fist pass to a man 10 yards away, got PH his black card (which was a trip by leading with his foot)

I repeat, this Tyrone team are hugely over rated. I dont think I ever saw Hampshey ever roasted as bad in my life either. Suppose Murphy was due 1 against him as Hampshey as regularly won that battle

The 70+ minutes were all negative, 2nd best all over the park

In hiding

Quote from: Club boi on June 11, 2019, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 11, 2019, 09:33:38 AM

The 70+ minutes were all negative, 2nd best all over the park
Why does nobody on here answer the questions they are asked.
Worse than feckin politicans

inroundthesquare

Meyler done his quad the week of the Derry game (5 weeks ago). Would expect there is a good chance he will be back for Longford.

Angelo

Quote from: inroundthesquare on June 11, 2019, 06:29:53 PM

Meyler done his quad the week of the Derry game (5 weeks ago). Would expect there is a good chance he will be back for Longford.

That's fair enough

Providing we have more or less a full contingent for Longford I would go along the lines of:

1. Morgan
2. Hampsey
3. McNamee
4. HP McGeary
5. Cassidy
6. Brennan
7. Meyler
8. Cavanagh
9. Kennedy
10. R Donnelly
11. Harte
12. K McGeary
13. McCurry
14. McShane
15. M Donnelly

I'd give Kennedy another go but I wouldn't be adverse to throwing Grugan in though I was disappointed with his impact against Antrim. I wouldn't be HP McGeary's biggest fan but I think either he or McCrory will give the defence a little more focus on what they are actually there to do. Cavanagh should revert back to his usual sweeping role. I'd like to see McGeary sitting deep around the centre half back position as he is the best tackler by a mile in the squad - he seems to be about the only player who knows how to get his body in the way legally that we have.

I thought McCurry looked sharp and hungry off the bench and took some nice scores and we need more finishers in the team, we've lost a few recently and the options on the bench are not good in this regard. McShane is a huge plus from last year, we finally seem to have a guy who can win it any which way and despite a frustrating day the last day, both Marty Clarke and Oisin McConville were both waxing lyrical about how good his movement is.

I'd try and keep Mattie as far up the pitch as possible as he can be so frustrating in how he slows the play up from deep at times. I'd try and play Harte a bit deeper as he adds more urgency to the play than Donnelly does and Donnelly is probably a better ball winner up top.

The Longford game really has to be about finding our defensive shape and stability again, the three Championship games so far we have been caught out time and time again and if we fix this for the Longford game, any shock will be off the cards - we don't and who knows what might happen.

I also hope the absolute mess that we were on both our own kickouts and even moreso the oppositions is rectified. Has we any sort of presence on the Donegal kickouts last week we could still have turned around that game despite how big of a mess we were and how badly some of key men performed.

There's a lot of knee jerk reaction on here, with good reason after that shambles and it's well within our capability to turn it around and hopefully if the qualifier draw is kind (avoiding Mayo and Monaghan) we will be back in the Super 8s.

omaghjoe

Dont think your too far away there

I dunno about Kennedy tho, he's got potential for sure but I think the lad needs a gentler introduction than he has had, which is actually why a start against Longford could be beneficial for him.

southtyronegael

Tyrone players went on some rip in Monaghan on Saturday night!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 12, 2019, 09:41:15 AM

And what??

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on June 12, 2019, 09:59:17 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on June 12, 2019, 09:41:15 AM

And what??

Don't see anything wrong with that after a match.