Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: bennydorano on February 27, 2021, 11:32:39 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 27, 2021, 11:24:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 27, 2021, 11:20:02 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 27, 2021, 11:04:06 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 27, 2021, 10:59:14 PM
I don't see how it's 'far right' either, it's load of highly impressionable people. I doubt most of them would be aware what constitutes left or right wing politics, especially the 2 blades with the RTE shirts.
Of course it's far right

It's an anti-science, anti-humanity, conspiracy theory-fuelled demonstration of intimidation, which aims to end restrictions which are 100% needed

Total wacko stuff and supported by every far right interest in this country, the lot of them of them support it, no organised interest in the left supports it

Did you "both sides" or attempt to downplay the seriousness of the far right demonstrators at Charlottesville?

Every person there today knew what they were supporting and this shit is designed to be like Charlottesville - there is no good faith aim behind it - only far right nihilism
No it isn't, most of them don't know their arse from their elbow. The intolerant Liberal coming out in you again.
Of course they knew what they were attending, you have very little regard for the awareness of those who attended the demonstration

Nice right-wing cliche though, did you steal it from Brendan O'Neill?

Liberal values are not about tolerating fascism by the way

The paradox of tolerance is that intolerance must never be tolerated and that means there should be zero tolerance for the far right

This is a lesson that we should all know from very painful history

Seems some are utterly determined to reject those lessons
Piers Corbyn must mess with your head.
That's funny because you actually do come across as being quite like him

I would share a lot of his brother's views however - not all by any stretch

bennydorano

Quote from: sid waddell on February 27, 2021, 11:33:54 PM
I don't see how it's 'far right' either, it's load of highly impressionable people. I doubt most of them would be aware what constitutes left or right wing politics, especially the 2 blades with the RTE shirts.
Of course it's far right

It's an anti-science, anti-humanity, conspiracy theory-fuelled demonstration of intimidation, which aims to end restrictions which are 100% needed

Total wacko stuff and supported by every far right interest in this country, the lot of them of them support it, no organised interest in the left supports it

Did you "both sides" or attempt to downplay the seriousness of the far right demonstrators at Charlottesville?

Every person there today knew what they were supporting and this shit is designed to be like Charlottesville - there is no good faith aim behind it - only far right nihilism
No it isn't, most of them don't know their arse from their elbow. The intolerant Liberal coming out in you again.
Of course they knew what they were attending, you have very little regard for the awareness of those who attended the demonstration

The paradox of tolerance is that intolerance must never be tolerated and that means there should be zero tolerance for the far right

Nice avoidance, he's a left wing anti lockdown activist among other fuckwittery, but how so, cos he's left wing like? Doesn't happen in Sid world.

sid waddell

Quote from: bennydorano on February 27, 2021, 11:41:21 PM
Of course it's far right

Nice avoidance, he's a left wing anti lockdown activist among other fuckwittery, but how so, cos he's left wing like? Doesn't happen in Sid world.
They exist - but as I said they are minute in size plus they are also an example of horseshoe theory, where the very small extreme far left come to effectively have the same aims as the far right

Piers Corbyn is a fruitcake and not taken seriously by any serious left-wing group

No organised left-wing group in this country supported that demo today

In fact People Before Profit, who are frequently branded as far left, support Zero Covid

Don't think I can;t see what you're up to

I've learned from long experience that there's always a reason why anybody wants to deny that something is far right

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 27, 2021, 11:02:04 PM
There needs to be a reasonable voice for people to express their frustration with lockdown and the governments disgraceful handling of it. Labelling everyone there as a far right nut job helps no one and is playing into the hands of the actual nutters like GO'D

The reasonable voice expressing people's frustrations with lockdown is the vast majority of people at home, being reasonable, doing the right thing. Honestly, who isn't fustrated with lockdown??
Those there today, OK nut jobs is maybe a tad harsh, lunatics I'd call them.

bennydorano

Quote from: sid waddell on February 27, 2021, 11:46:48 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 27, 2021, 11:41:21 PM
Of course it's far right

They exist - but as I said they are minute in size plus they are also an example of horseshoe theory, where the very small extreme far left come to effectively have the same aims as the far right

Piers Corbyn is a fruitcake and not taken seriously by any serious left-wing group

No organised left-wing group in this country supported that demo today

In fact People Before Profit, who are frequently branded as far left, support Zero Covid

Don't think I can;t see what you're up to

I've learned from long experience that there's always a reason why anybody wants to deny that something is far right

So what you're really saying is there could have been left wing support in Dublin today, like with most things - you don't really know. Thank you.

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on February 27, 2021, 11:20:42 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 27, 2021, 11:15:09 PM
There hasn't been an import of American identity politics. Not even a semblance of it.

It's a figment of your imagination.
Well a minute ago you said there had been

Now you're saying there hasn't

That's a direct contradiction in successive posts

Make up your mind

I suppose it's difficult to make up your mind when you believe in absolutely nothing and believe there is no truth

That's one of the things that has been imported from right-wing US identity politics and conspiracy theorising

You've been heavily influenced by US right-wing identity politics yourself without even realising it

Perhaps I have. But I really don't believe so. My interests in politics are minimal to none. I genuinely couldn't give a f**k if Stalin was in charge or Mussolini was on charge, as long as there was a basis of equality in their policies.

You though, you've too much time on your hands. This is obvious. You spend your life seeking out confirmation bias articles, all which prove to yourself just how correct your convictions are.

And like a true zealot (there's that word again), instead of taking time to consider the clear and obvious weaknesses in your thinking, you prefer instead to spread the word, as loud as possible, often as possible, as rudely as possible. 

Pride that you are right has surpassed  any fear that you might be wrong.

Whatever political ideology you have may indeed be the correct one. But along the lines of how CS Lewis once put it: the reason perhaps it took me so long to convert to Christianity, was Christians.

dublin7

Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2021, 08:47:21 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 27, 2021, 08:19:53 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 27, 2021, 04:07:41 PM
The far right are making fools of themselves in Dublin again

Their self-entitlement is off the scale

That was a fairly big crowd in Dublin today. They can't all be Far Right?
RTE reported that the protest crowd was from a wide mix of political shades.
The mystery is how did the RUC end up there policing?

Shocking isn't it. Someone shoots a firework at a Garda and all the Garda's colleagues react.

What is the world coming to if you can't taunt a Garda and shoot a firework at them. Maybe it's just me, but I won't be filing any complaints about any Garda's behavior today.

Only positive about the vermin protesting today is that the sc**bag who fired the firework stood out in his white top so he should be easy to identify on cctv and there won't be any protests allowed in future in relation to Covid for security/safety reasons.

At least people were at home when the protest took place so hopefully no innocent passers by or workers in the area got hurt

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on February 27, 2021, 11:32:56 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 27, 2021, 11:28:40 PM
There hasn't been an import of American identity politics. Not even a semblance of it.

Make up your mind

I suppose it's difficult to make up your mind when you believe in absolutely nothing and believe there is no truth

That's one of the things that has been imported from right-wing US identity politics and conspiracy theorising

You've been heavily influenced by US right-wing identity politics yourself without even realising it

Okay I will restart.

American identity politics do not exist in Ireland apart from as figments in the imagination of a very small, very intolerant group of people  who spend far too much time on social media trying to convince people that it is real.

Pretty much nobody in the history of Ireland has cast a vote anything further right than off centre.
You need to get out more if you believe this is the case

Right-wing US identity politics is a growing problem and it is being heavily pushed

Many young people do indeed spend too much time on social media and do not have the critical tools to have a chance of ascertaining what is real and what is not real - and this stuff matters in the real world - as we saw in America

Northern Ireland is a case study of how insane right-wing identity politics poisons a society, so I would have thought you'd have plenty of first hand experience

There you go again, trying your best to introduce your mental political spectrum where it doesn't exist.

Northern Ireland's current situation has f**k all to do with right wing polices. It's is quite simply the continuation of 100 years when two cultures who have no wish to co-exist in the same space, are physically co-existing in the same space. Not a f**king thing to do with political spectrums. Everything to do with (misplaced) nationalism.

If you're now going to tell me that this is a recent phenomenon, then all I'm going to say is do yourself a favour and step the f**k off Internet forums for a few days, and go and read up on six county history. Not one thing the DUP are doing today is new. These are the same tactics they've always employed. Trump, Quanon, Antifa, Brexit, none of these things matter up here.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on February 27, 2021, 11:54:05 PM

Make up your mind

Perhaps I have. But I really don't believe so. My interests in politics are minimal to none. I genuinely couldn't give a f**k if Stalin was in charge or Mussolini was on charge, as long as there was a basis of equality in their policies.

You though, you've too much time on your hands. This is obvious. You spend your life seeking out confirmation bias articles, all which prove to yourself just how correct your convictions are.

And like a true zealot (there's that word again), instead of taking time to consider the clear and obvious weaknesses in your thinking, you prefer instead to spread the word, as loud as possible, often as possible, as rudely as possible. 

Whatever political ideology you have may indeed be the correct one. But along the lines of how CS Lewis once put it: the reason perhaps it took me so long to convert to Christianity, was Christians.
You've as much knowledge of psychology as you do politics

It's quite the chuckle to see somebody who freely admits they know nothing about politics so consistently feel the need to comment on it, it'd be like me feeling the need to comment on Down Junior Football

Your go to method of arguing now seems to be to shout "zealot", which is ironic when you are, in your own way, the most zealous poster of all here, well, maybe the second most zealous

Zealous in your pride in your extreme ignorance, that is - so it's no surprise to see you exclaim that you couldn't give a f**k if Stalin or Mussolini were in charge

And all this tantrum throwing because you refuse to accept a simple fact about the political orientation and purpose of today's demonstration

Again, experience and history tells us why people do that

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on February 28, 2021, 12:05:24 AM

Make up your mind

Okay I will restart.

American identity politics do not exist in Ireland apart from as figments in the imagination of a very small, very intolerant group of people  who spend far too much time on social media trying to convince people that it is real.

Pretty much nobody in the history of Ireland has cast a vote anything further right than off centre.

Right-wing US identity politics is a growing problem and it is being heavily pushed

Many young people do indeed spend too much time on social media and do not have the critical tools to have a chance of ascertaining what is real and what is not real - and this stuff matters in the real world - as we saw in America

Northern Ireland is a case study of how insane right-wing identity politics poisons a society, so I would have thought you'd have plenty of first hand experience

There you go again, trying your best to introduce your mental political spectrum where it doesn't exist.

Northern Ireland's current situation has f**k all to do with right wing polices. It's is quite simply the continuation of 100 years when two cultures who have no wish to co-exist in the same space, are physically co-existing in the same space. Not a f**king thing to do with political spectrums. Everything to do with (misplaced) nationalism.

If you're now going to tell me that this is a recent phenomenon, then all I'm going to say is do yourself a favour and step the f**k off Internet forums for a few days, and go and read up on six county history. Not one thing the DUP are doing today is new. These are the same tactics they've always employed. Trump, Quanon, Antifa, Brexit, none of these things matter up here.
You are denying that culturally, DUP-style nationalism is extreme right-wing?

I wonder how many other posters here would agree with that

Not many, I'd guess

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 12:14:44 AM

Make up your mind

It's quite the chuckle to see somebody who freely admits they know nothing about politics so consistently feel the need to comment on it, it'd be like me feeling the need to comment on Down Junior Football

Your go to method of arguing now seems to be to shout "zealot", which is ironic when you are, in your own way, the most zealous poster of all here, well, maybe the second most zealous

Zealous in your pride in your extreme ignorance, that is - so it's no surprise to see you exclaim that you couldn't give a f**k if Stalin or Mussolini were in charge

And all this tantrum throwing because you refuse to accept a simple fact about the political orientation and purpose of today's demonstration

So you're an expert on psychology now too?

No tantrums being thrown here. I'm just pointing out again, and will continue to do so ad infinitum, that the links you oh so want to create between current affairs in Ireland and right wing politics, are nonsense, absolute f**king nonsense.

If you keep bringing it up, I will keep refuting you.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on February 28, 2021, 12:22:00 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 12:14:44 AM

Make up your mind

So you're an expert on psychology now too?

No tantrums being thrown here. I'm just pointing out again, and will continue to do so ad infinitum, that the links you oh so want to create between current affairs in Ireland and right wing politics, are nonsense, absolute f**king nonsense.

If you keep bringing it up, I will keep refuting you.
It doesn't take much more than basic psychology to see you're choc full of projection

You accuse me of being rude, while being rude, don't worry, I'm not the one moaning about that, you are, you can be as rude as you like with me, I'm a big boy

And all because you can't accept being wrong on a subject you freely admit to knowing nothing about, and because you essentially believe in nothing except being an arsehole on an internet forum - terminally miserable, cynical and gullible - the perfect recruiting ground for far right politics, as it happens

The DUP are apparently not right-wing now

And hurling is not popular in Kilkenny

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 12:17:34 AM

Make up your mind

Okay I will restart.

Not many, I'd guess

The internal struggle within the six counties has nothing to do with the political spectrum and everything to do with culture / nationalism. One of the protagonists is historically conservative. They're lost in time. They believe in what are basically the same principles  (apart from ultimate sovereign) that De Valera enforced in a liberated Ireland. Hence, what they believe in is not the newfangled right wing fascist disease that you want it to be. Instead, it's stoic conservatism.

Call that out as right wing all you want. If you're referring to a political spectrum you're correct. If you're using it, as you are prone, to describe the DUP as being unwittingly at the behest of global fascist political movement, you're so f**king wrong it's ridiculous.

sid waddell

Presumably the wobbler and bennydorano believe "Antifa" (whoever they are) were behind today's demo

And the murderous ransacking of the Capitol too

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on February 28, 2021, 12:33:47 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 12:17:34 AM

Make up your mind

Okay I will restart.

Not many, I'd guess

The internal struggle within the six counties has nothing to do with the political spectrum and everything to do with culture / nationalism. One of the protagonists is historically conservative. But they're not not right wing. They're lost in time. They believe in basically the same principles  (apart from ultimate sovereign) that De Valera enforced in a liberated Ireland. Hence, what they believe in is not the newfangled right wing fascist disease that you want it to be. It's stoic conservatism.
"The DUP are not right-wing"

I've heard it all now

Obsessive contrarianism is a mental illness