Big Lottery Winners in Armagh

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 04, 2019, 10:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

See some couple from Armagh have won stgĀ£115mill in the Euromillions.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2019/0104/1020268-armagh-euromillions/

A few questions.

(i) Anyone on here know them?
(ii) Why are the surnames not Fearon?
(iii) WTF go public? Jesus Christ, they'll be plagued for the rest of their lives..........

gallsman

I believe you get more if you go public. The total jackpot publicised has small printing stating that it's conditional on the winners fully participating in media, interviews etc. as far as I'm aware

Armamike

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 04, 2019, 10:44:52 AM
See some couple from Armagh have won stgĀ£115mill in the Euromillions.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2019/0104/1020268-armagh-euromillions/

A few questions.

(i) Anyone on here know them?
(ii) Why are the surnames not Fearon?
(iii) WTF go public? Jesus Christ, they'll be plagued for the rest of their lives..........

They get a lot more dosh for going public, not that they'll need it.   :P.   They'll be found out anyway so might as well go public.  Hard to keep 115 mill quiet!
That's just, like your opinion man.

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on January 04, 2019, 10:46:48 AM
I believe you get more if you go public. The total jackpot publicised has small printing stating that it's conditional on the winners fully participating in media, interviews etc. as far as I'm aware

No difference in money if you go public or not. Camelot will assist those who go public and the thought being it is difficult to keep that sort of wealth a secret when you get the gold plated triple glazing into the 2 up 2 down.

Milltown Row2

Mental money and fair fucks to them.. heard her speaking and she seems really nice and very deserving... hopefully they'll be well advised on their money and have a happy life together!

I personally wouldn't tell a soul if I could help it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

balladmaker

Go public, enjoy the money and feck the many begrudgers that there will no doubt be ..... or keep it private, and try to enjoy the money without anyone copping on .... would be near impossible to keep that private, wouldn't take it long getting out .... you tell a family friend, who tells a friend to keep it a secret who tells someone else etc etc, impossible to keep it private I reckon.

Shamrock Shore

What happens if a few yahoos with notions of finally freeing Ireland decide to kidnap the dog for a massive ransom?

Milltown Row2

3 month world cruise before telling anyone, during that time you decide wtf you'd do with it! The problem of giving it to family is you'd end up destroying lives with that amount!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Insane Bolt

Good luck to them.....think they have drawn up a list of 50 plus who they are going to donate to.

illdecide

Yeah, they said they're going to dish it out among family and friends...fair play to them.

I know Moira is in Co Down but has a Co Armagh post code...They look familiar in fairness, def have seen their faces before but don't know them personally. Again fair play to them and if they do divide it out like they say then they deserve all the luck they got...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

A teacher off work with a sore leg. Was able to stand to collect her cheque. Another public service malingerer.  ;)

They'll have every f**king sob story in the country looking for something. Would have been better keeping it private imo.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Insane Bolt on January 04, 2019, 11:16:13 AM
Good luck to them.....think they have drawn up a list of 50 plus who they are going to donate to.
Think they've reduced that to 49 following Tony Baloney's comment about her leg.
Careful now

Aaron Boone

Uk will still be in Euromillions post-Brexit.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 04, 2019, 12:25:56 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on January 04, 2019, 11:16:13 AM
Think they've reduced that to 49 following Tony Baloney'Okay comment about her leg.
;D No such luck to even be in the frame. That's some lift and good luck to their friends and family as they have the money to change a lot of lives.

Jim Bob

daft IMO to be stating that 50 people will be getting the phone call of their lives.
Just think of how many will think that they just may be in that 50.
There ll be some gutted people and fall outs you can be sure