HOW WOULD YOU VOTE IN A BORDER POLL?

Started by RedHand88, March 20, 2021, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you back unity if a border poll was held tomorrow?

Yes (Northerner)
No (Northerner)
Yes (Southener)
No (Southener)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2021, 08:43:45 PM
I think that when the peace process got going the Brits made a tactical decision to reduce the risk of a return to violence by throwing money at the 6 counties. It would have been cheaper to invest in skills and productivity but they didn't.

https://youtu.be/PlGmYetiCjA
You are on the button here! Except it wasn't only Britain who offered the sweetner.
It may have seemed  strange back then that a number of different countries at the same time offered to chip in to help keep the Peace Process going but it wasn't  pure coincidence.
Canada, The US, France, Germany and Japan all seemed full of good will around the same time.
I found this out years later.
Seems John de Chastelain, the principal peace broker had persuaded a number of reputable countries to offer to put up all the money needed to allow the people of Ulster to end their economic dependence on the UK. A united Ireland just might be on but this was only hinted at --nothing explicit. Well the Prods didn't bite; they wanted the money sure enough but were afraid to take the first step. They were less distrustful of the Fenian bastards they were dealing with than they were of their own followers, waiting for them to make a slip.
I believe one of their negotiators (David Ervine, I think) said he was more afraid of being stabbed in the back than in the belly.)
(Reputable means ones that the Prods might trust.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

Look at that Andrew Trimble on the telly. Being reasonable, honest and balanced. But f**k him, he's a prod eh, no point talking to him.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Angelo

Quote from: Tubberman on March 22, 2021, 10:18:26 PM
Look at that Andrew Trimble on the telly. Being reasonable, honest and balanced. But f**k him, he's a prod eh, no point talking to him.

Bizarre attitude.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 22, 2021, 10:23:03 PM

Bizarre attitude.

Maybe he's one of those 10 you were talking about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

What?

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2021, 10:24:21 PM

Bizarre attitude.

Yet it's the Gregory Campbells/Poots/Steve Aikens who are the elected voices of unionism

RedHand88

bannside

You beat me to it Milltown. Some people need to get out more.

I know many hundreds of very decent Protestant people. You know....the kind in the middle ground that can actually be won over to the idea of a UI......as long as they can feel safe and valued in that new arrangement.

I've not an ounce of time for anyone here who has any other kind of view.

Catholic Protestant and Dissenter.

Remember William Orr.

Tubberman

Standing ovation for Claire Byrne for cutting off that absolute gobshite! She humiliated him :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Angelo

Last week RTE gave Leo Varadkar a platform yo make sectarian comments against SF unchallenged.

Tonight Claire Byrne cuts off Brolly for making accurate comments on Gregory Campbell.

The names bias is beyond the pale.

Angelo

Quote from: Tubberman on March 22, 2021, 10:32:24 PM
Standing ovation for Claire Byrne for cutting off that absolute gobshite! She humiliated him :D

She humiliated herself.

trailer

Quote from: Tubberman on March 22, 2021, 10:32:24 PM

He just made a **** of himself..... again...

bannside

Thought Leo spoke very well, at least the one minute clip on CB Twitter feed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 22, 2021, 10:26:56 PM

Bizarre attitude.

Yet it's the Gregory Campbells/Poots/Steve Aikens who are the elected voices of unionism

By definition unionist voters will vote to stay in the union, it's like like saying SF voters will not vote for a UI, I mentioned the mild prod voters on the left. But carry on making a dick of yourself
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2021, 10:39:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 22, 2021, 10:26:56 PM

Bizarre attitude.

By definition unionist voters will vote to stay in the union, it's like like saying SF voters will not vote for a UI, I mentioned the mild prod voters on the left. But carry on making a dick of yourself

And Gregory Campbell is the elected voice of unionism and his views are widely shared. Who is the progressive voice of elected unionism?