British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

I think they screwed the pooch here and now know it. Weston Park agreed an investigation. Cameron apologised, admitted collusion and promised an investigation. Tbe British Supreme Court demanded it. So refusing to do so directly implicates Thatcher. The 'smart' move was a wet fart inquiry.

The whole of Whitehall is full of morons.

BennyCake

I think the refusal of an enquiry actually says more than a Mickey Mouse enquiry would.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: BennyCake on December 01, 2020, 12:01:26 AM
I think the refusal of an enquiry actually says more than a Mickey Mouse enquiry would.

Precisely. They are too bombastic to have the wit to set up a nothing investigation that stops with Nelson and Stobie. Both dead.

They aren't even trying anymore

grounded

A bit of plagiarism here from another site but i think they have summed it up better than i could;
' Because of legal repercussions for senior politicians beaucrats and senior intelligence and military officers from that time who signed off on the activities of the SAS, 14th Intelligence Company, the FRU and other groups in the security forces who worked hand and glove with loyalist groups. The majority of the people involved whether they were giving orders running operations or pulling triggers are long since retired and comfortably retired.
We are talking about household names at cabinet level decorated veterans and at least one or two best selling novelists and prominent media personalities.

Nobody will be convicted of the Bloody Sunday killings for the same reason. Michael Jackson who later was the British top general was a junior officer in Derry that day. F had a long career finishing up as senior noncom in the Paras. Several of the men were involved in plainclothes assassinations as well as patrolling in uniform in their official roles and a few served in the SAS and top secret undercover work.
To keep that hush hush they were protected.'

'

grounded

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55247033

A 180-page report says hundreds of Iraqi detainees were abused by British soldiers between 2003 and 2009.

But the ICC could not determine whether the UK had acted to shield soldiers from prosecution.

The ICC told the BBC: "It is without dispute there is evidence war crimes were committed."

Its report said there was a reasonable basis to conclude that at least seven Iraqis were illegally killed while in British custody between April and September 2003.

The ICC report refers to evidence of a pattern of war crimes carried out across a number of years by soldiers from several British regiments. Some detainees were raped or subjected to sexual violence. Others were beaten so badly they died from their injuries.

The Iraqi individuals, many of them civilians, were unarmed and in British custody at the time.

grounded

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said the ICC review "confirms that the UK is willing and able to investigate and prosecute claims of wrongdoing by armed forces personnel".

He said it had brought to light "no new evidence" and the ICC statement "vindicates our efforts to pursue justice where allegations have been founded".

"I am pleased that work we have done, and continue to do, in improving the quality and assurances around investigations has been recognised by the ICC," he said.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

grounded

Worth a read https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thenationalnews.com/world/mena/secret-colonial-era-files-reveal-british-cover-up-of-torture-in-aden-1.667507

The regiment was involved in Aden as well as t he notorious pitchfork murders in Fermanagh.
    In the Aden case information related to the torture perpetrated will not be released until 2050

However, the minutes of a key border security meeting held two days after the bombing of Belturbet – which involved the British Army, the RUC and the UDR – will remain closed to the public until 2057. Dating from 1972, those records will end up being sealed for 84 years in total.

Par for the course it seems.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on December 14, 2020, 06:44:52 PM
https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2020/1213/1184198-british-military-cooperated-with-1972-ni-bridge-bombing/

I'm waiting for the avalanche of FG and FF TD's lining up to express outrage and insist on the files, locked away for another 50 yrs, to be released. What do you think Rossfan, will my wish come true?

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on December 15, 2020, 01:12:31 PM
https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2020/1213/1184198-british-military-cooperated-with-1972-ni-bridge-bombing/

I'm waiting for the avalanche of FG and FF TD's lining up to express outrage and insist on the files, locked away for another 50 yrs, to be released. What do you think Rossfan, will my wish come true?
That would be the 6 Garda reports made  since the original investigation files went missing.
To lose the files of one orginal investigation  may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose files from two looks like carelessness, but not even David Copperfield  could make vanish all the original investigation files to  every bombing carried out in the  South.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on December 15, 2020, 01:12:31 PM

You'll find that chap over in the SF thread pedalling his agenda but he won't dare tackle the shit his own state was up to.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GJL

24th anniversary of Sean Brown's murder by state agents in Bellaghy. He was targeted simply because of his love of the GAA.

With the positive news for the Ballymurphy families yesterday lets hope the truth can come out on this case and the many others waiting for some sort of justice.

Snapchap

On the 23rd May 1997, the DUP's Rev. Willie McCrea, a man who had once shared a platform with LVF, after losing his Mid-Ulster Westminster seat to Martin McGuinness, stated at the election count that nationalists in Mid-Ulster would "... reap a bitter harvest." His remarks were widely regarded as a threat, and were challenged as such by Martin McGuinness. One week later, the LVF murdered Sean Brown.

The suspects in the murder have since been publicly named as the later to be Billy Wright's successor as LVF leader, Mark 'Swinger' Fulton, Muriel Gibson, Laurence 'Duffer' Kincaid, Laurence 'Larry' Kincaid and Jim Fulton.

It has been long alleged that Fulton and his brother were given "documentation and assistance from the Ministry of Defence and MI5 to aid them in the LVF targeting" of nationalists. Special Branch were aware of the suspects names for the duration of the investigation into the murder and did not pass the names on to Special Branch. When an inquiry into the police investigation was launched, the key file on the case suddenly disappeared. Police Ombudsman at the time, Nuala O'Loan, said about it, "I regard it as sinister that this document disappeared. It was the only document which disappeared from this particular police station." She noted that the occurrence book of another station, which recorded what happened on the night of the killing, was also missing.

JohnDenver

Quote from: Snapchap on May 12, 2021, 11:52:18 AM
On the 23rd May 1997, the DUP's Rev. Willie McCrea, a man who had once shared a platform with LVF, after losing his Mid-Ulster Westminster seat to Martin McGuinness, stated at the election count that nationalists in Mid-Ulster would "... reap a bitter harvest." His remarks were widely regarded as a threat, and were challenged as such by Martin McGuinness. One week later, the LVF murdered Sean Brown.

The suspects in the murder have since been publicly named as the later to be Billy Wright's successor as LVF leader, Mark 'Swinger' Fulton, Muriel Gibson, Laurence 'Duffer' Kincaid, Laurence 'Larry' Kincaid and Jim Fulton.

It has been long alleged that Fulton and his brother were given "documentation and assistance from the Ministry of Defence and MI5 to aid them in the LVF targeting" of nationalists. Special Branch were aware of the suspects names for the duration of the investigation into the murder and did not pass the names on to Special Branch. When an inquiry into the police investigation was launched, the key file on the case suddenly disappeared. Police Ombudsman at the time, Nuala O'Loan, said about it, "I regard it as sinister that this document disappeared. It was the only document which disappeared from this particular police station." She noted that the occurrence book of another station, which recorded what happened on the night of the killing, was also missing.

You watch the likes of Line of Duty, almost rolling your eyes at the corruption going on in the "fictional" TV show regarding the police. Whereas the facts are showing and have long been known that collusion and underhand elements were at work against Nationalists and Republicans for years.

The night of Sean Brown's murder - the killers took a direct route from Bellaghy driving through Toome past the RUC station. No CCTV in operation that night......

https://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/16748

Angelo

Quote from: Snapchap on May 12, 2021, 11:52:18 AM

Look at Patsy Kelly from Trillick.

Murdered by a DUP councillor who sat in the same chamber as him, for what, being a nationalist?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL