Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Two tix available - anyone? Would prefer to give to an adult and paisti ach cibé

Redhand Santa

Very important game today, a loss and it's hard to see us staying up. We have to show a lot more intent today. In the last two games and going back to last year we've been happy to knock the ball around the 50 with no penetration. It's leading to dismal scoring returns.

On another note whoever the PRO is in the county isn't doing a great job. A very important home game today and not one mention of it all week on twitter or Facebook. No efforts to try to get people behind the team. No links to tickets or making a deal of fact u16s get in free. Or no effort to point out the game isn't being broadcast anywhere - lot of people these days take easy option of watching at home. Things Not helped by the county management who I assume refuse to release and team or squad news. All this silence is increasing the apathy.

Hopefully we see a bit of fight back today and pride restored to the jersey.

tyroneman

McCurry not starting today .... odd (if fit)

square_ball

I'd be shocked to see that team start as selected. McCurry has to be on for a start.

HokeyPokey

I wonder if here will be quiet now, orr will we see the same exaggerated reaction to a singular result as we did last week?

clarshack

square_ball

All Ireland champions elect after that result imo.

Didn't see any of it yet. Any reports? Important 2 points all the same.

God14

Important win, and good performance all round. Midfield much improved. McCurry very sharp,  Canavan just oozes class. He just has it.
I think we even got a lift to see Ruairi and Joe Oguz added to the 26. A weeks break now to regroup and get some work done. Every fixture in Division 1 looks difficult, but equally every game looks winnable too.

GaelTheGael

Frank Burns had a big performance, in from the start, helped Tyrone massively in transition. Kennedy and Kilpatrick very good in the middle and covered serious ground. Canavan and McCurry a real handful inside and a lot better from McShane in terms of showing and ball winning. McGeary and Meyler will have better days in a Tyrone jersey than today.
Ruairi Canavan added to the Tyrone bench today, is that confirmation that he won't be released for U20s this year?
Good to see Oguz back, hopefully see gametime over the remaining 5 games.
In saying all that, Donegal absolutely awful, still be improvements needed to get anything from Galway or Mayo on the road.

square_ball

I assume R Canavan didn't see any action today?

God14

No I believe Canavan & Cush will line out for the u20s on 29th March. They will prob drop off the Senior panel a couple of weeks beforehand, and return then once the u20s season is concluded

God14

Jim Bob

omagh_gael

Quote from: GaelTheGael on February 05, 2023, 05:44:05 PM
Frank Burns had a big performance, in from the start, helped Tyrone massively in transition. Kennedy and Kilpatrick very good in the middle and covered serious ground. Canavan and McCurry a real handful inside and a lot better from McShane in terms of showing and ball winning. McGeary and Meyler will have better days in a Tyrone jersey than today.
Ruairi Canavan added to the Tyrone bench today, is that confirmation that he won't be released for U20s this year?
Good to see Oguz back, hopefully see gametime over the remaining 5 games.
In saying all that, Donegal absolutely awful, still be improvements needed to get anything from Galway or Mayo on the road.

Fair analysis...although I'd disagree on McGeary, thought he did well. Our defence along our 45 line was fantastic, turned over the ball multiple times and the tackling intensity was through the roof compared to previous games.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

However early in the year it is we really needed a reaction after the last 2 games and we got it there. Some great scores and holding Donegal to 0-8 a fine effort after the 6 goals conceded against Derry and the Rossies.