Martin Mc Guinness Passes Away at 66

Started by vallankumous, January 09, 2017, 10:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Syferus on January 19, 2017, 06:43:51 PM
What was the nonsense about him not quitting because of the illness? I suppose it's consistent with SF that you lie going out the door too.

McGuiness, like Paisley, saw some sense at the end. Doesn't wash away the blood on his hands either, but at least he was more honest about his involvement than Adams.

Sad that his last act was to leave the north in its biggest shambles in a decade or more.

Is that you Arlene?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

imtommygunn

It is no bigger a shambles than it ever has been. It's just that more people realise it now.

Syferus

Quote from: podge on January 19, 2017, 07:21:03 PM
What was the nonsense about him not quitting because of the illness? I suppose it's consistent with SF that you lie going out the door too.

McGuiness, like Paisley, saw some sense at the end. Doesn't wash away the blood on his hands either, but at least he was more honest about his involvement than Adams.

Sad that his last act was to leave the north in its biggest shambles in a decade or more.

Where was that said?  he has made it quite clear it he was not standing again because of illness. 

He had said that quitting as deputy first minister wasn't because of his illness which I assume is still the case.  2 different things

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/martin-mcguinness-denies-health-behind-9592966

Just in the national media. Your second paragraph was my point. Clearly it contributed to his decision to bring the whole roadshow down and it would take the usual SF mental gymnastics to think differently.

I don't wish the man ill in his health battle but he was a noteable figure in Irish history, not a force for good.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 19, 2017, 07:56:57 PM

Where was that said?  he has made it quite clear it he was not standing again because of illness. 

He had said that quitting as deputy first minister wasn't because of his illness which I assume is still the case.  2 different things

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/martin-mcguinness-denies-health-behind-9592966

Just in the national media. Your second paragraph was my point. Clearly it contributed to his decision to bring the whole roadshow down and it would take the usual SF mental gymnastics to think differently.

I don't wish the man ill in his health battle but he was a noteable figure in Irish history, not a force for good.
Based on what criteria?
The Brits were trying to get the unionists to cop on since the early 70s. The Northern Ireland act of 1974 included a Constitutional Convention to discuss power sharing. the Unionists refused point blank. It took them 24 years to accept the inevitable. A couple of thousand  people died in the meantime
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2017, 08:02:30 PM

Based on what criteria?
The Brits were trying to get the unionists to cop on since the early 70s. The Northern Ireland act of 1974 included a Constitutional Convention to discuss power sharing. the Unionists refused point blank. It took them 24 years to accept the inevitable. A couple of thousand  people died in the meantime

Nationalist, unionist, SF, DUP. None are or have been forces for good.

RealSpiritof98

Pop shots from your chair, Martin McGuinness will go down in history as a game changer and a man of peace. If only you had 5 minutes in his presence. Thank you Martin on behalf of my children on turning this place around. I myself have become disillusioned with Sinn fein 2.0 but McGuinness always had peace for this land on his agenda.

People have short memories if they think this latest scandal is on a par with the past. The simple truth is the protestant state for a  Protestant people is no more. Thank God.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2017, 07:56:42 PM
It is no bigger a shambles than it ever has been. It's just that more people realise it now.

What a f**king stupid comment.

Where you searched 3 times by foot soldiers on the way home from football last night?

StGallsGAA

His last act was to expose the DUP to an election just when they thought their wholesale fraud at the expense of the NI tax-payer would be shoved under the carpet for a couple of years at least.   They are now throwing Special Advisers under the bus in an attempt to get Arlene distanced from the corruption.   Good work Martin.  They are squirming like hell.   The fat bitch's wee beady eyes were flitting all over the place as she bumbled through her lines trying to cover up the reason for his resignation on TV tonight. Even Dodds was feeling the awkwardness of her botch job. 

foxcommander

Do you know him personally or are you spouting shite based on what the media have told you?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Rossfan

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 19, 2017, 08:09:50 PM
The simple truth is the protestant state for a  Protestant people is no more. Thank God.
The DUPes were making a brave bid to re establish it over the last 6 months or so.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Without the peace process there would be no puke football

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

balladmaker

Martin McGuinness is a class act and history will record his full achievements.  I'm happy that I got the chance to thank him personally in 2016, a more modest and warm individual you won't meet.  He changed the place I live in for the better, my children are growing up in a far better place than I did, Unionist domination is no more, and Martin McGuinness played a major role in making all of that happen.  May he have many happy years of retirement.

Samforever

Incredible tribute paid on "The View" to Martin McGuinness by Ian Paisley (jnr). Never for one minute thought that he had that amount of warmth.

Minder

Quote from: Samforever on January 19, 2017, 11:41:26 PM
Incredible tribute paid on "The View" to Martin McGuinness by Ian Paisley (jnr). Never for one minute thought that he had that amount of warmth.

As much putting the boot into the DUP as it was warmth for McGuinness I would have thought
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Take Your Points

Speaking on BBC NI's The View programme, Mr Paisley praised Mr McGuinness's contribution to the peace process.

"I want to say thank you.
"It is important that we actually do reflect on the fact that we would not be where we are in Northern Ireland, in terms of having stability, peace and the opportunity to rebuild our country, were it not for the work he did put in, especially with my father at the beginning of this long journey".
Sinn Féin's Conor Murphy told the programme that the late Rev Dr Ian Paisley and Mr McGuinness "were derided for the friendship they had, but people would like to see a few chuckles around Stormont today".
Mr Paisley agreed with Mr Murphy saying, "perhaps if we got back to some of that foundation work of building a proper relationship we could get out of the mess we are currently in."
He added: "I can say thank-you honestly and humbly and recognise the remarkable journey Martin McGuinness went on has not only saved lives, but has made the lives of countless people in Northern Ireland better because of the partnership government we worked on and put together."
"I wish him well in his retirement and hope he has time to get over his health issues and enjoy retirement time with his wife and family," he added.