smart tv

Started by pullhard, March 22, 2013, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

take_yer_points

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 23, 2013, 10:54:16 PM

How - there is no app that i can find?

Try clicking on a channel at the link below and then log in...

http://sport.bt.com/watch-now-01363810618853

thejuice

Bought one of these. It's a Samsung with wireless internet. Last TV I bought was just a TV and nothing else so I'm finding my feet with it.

I'm thinking of buying GAAGO too. I'm assuming I can stream that on this big telly of mine??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Armaghgeddon

Think they are a waste of money, could buy a decent TV and then get something that can play media like a PS3

balladmaker

They're a great job, put one up in the kitchen, connected to the wifi seemlessly, and now have Postman Pat and Mike The Knight on demand via BBC iPlayer ... super.

johnneycool

Quote from: balladmaker on July 18, 2014, 12:57:14 AM
They're a great job, put one up in the kitchen, connected to the wifi seemlessly, and now have Postman Pat and Mike The Knight on demand via BBC iPlayer ... super.

FFS don't be playing Waybuloo in front of the childer, they do yoga and other such black magic in it.

thejuice

I'm thinking of buying GAAGO too. I'm assuming I can stream that on this big telly of mine??

Anyone know?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

I guess I'll just buy a HDMI cable then?

gerrykeegan

I don't have a smart TV but I do have a PS4 and an android stick connected to TV. I don't have gaago but if you load the front page and it plays then then you are fine, neither the ps4 or the android stick would work. If i were you I would go into a shop and ask can they load that page, if it plays the video you are fine I would say.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Armaghgeddon

Samsung TVs are generally very good for compatibility for websites and devices. If you have a Samsung phone and if that can stream it you should be able to connect that to the TV and watch with AllCast. But there shouldn't be any problems. Might be worth checking GAAGO too.

thejuice

well it seems it doesnt work on my Samsung TV.

The GAAGO website says if you can play the video on the homepage you can watch it. This works fine on my TV. However I made the purchase of GAAGO and tried playing the game but the video player doesn't appear on screen. It appears on the laptop no bother. Will have to go down the HDMI route I guess. Unless there is a broadcasting app or something for iPhone???

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: thejuice on July 19, 2014, 04:47:51 PM
well it seems it doesnt work on my Samsung TV.

The GAAGO website says if you can play the video on the homepage you can watch it. This works fine on my TV. However I made the purchase of GAAGO and tried playing the game but the video player doesn't appear on screen. It appears on the laptop no bother. Will have to go down the HDMI route I guess. Unless there is a broadcasting app or something for iPhone???

What samsung model is it?

thejuice

johnneycool

picked up a Panasonic VIERA TX-42AS500B from Sainsburys for £370 the other day and there's a few functions I'm not sure about it, how can I watch ipad content from it, BT sport in mind?

Also there's some sort of server I can set up on a private LAN to view films etc, etc. anyone ever done that?

As its my first venture into smart TV its not a bad yolk.

Applesisapples

For the ipad you might need Apple TV. i'm not sure if the other similar products out there support Apple.

ziggysego

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 17, 2014, 10:59:01 PM
Think they are a waste of money, could buy a decent TV and then get something that can play media like a PS3

That's what I do and it's a feckin torture with all the frckin updates I'm constantly getting on the PS3.

The next time I'm getting a TV, I'll go for a smart one. Probably a few years away yet though.
Testing Accessibility