Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

I'm still trying to figure out what NL's motives were for playing that team against Lyon...Was he saying to fringe players "you can't handle this so don't come knocking my door down when you're not getting a game" or was it genuinely who sinks or swims in that situation...I was also thinking if that team had started and had held Lyon then the stronger team finishing could have put them to the sword...Only NL knows but what will be interesting is the team he lines out tomorrow evening against PSG who beat some team 9-0 last week...

There is no doubt that a few young guns are almost ready for the break thru but who and when?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on July 20, 2020, 11:06:03 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what NL's motives were for playing that team against Lyon...Was he saying to fringe players "you can't handle this so don't come knocking my door down when you're not getting a game" or was it genuinely who sinks or swims in that situation...I was also thinking if that team had started and had held Lyon then the stronger team finishing could have put them to the sword...Only NL knows but what will be interesting is the team he lines out tomorrow evening against PSG who beat some team 9-0 last week...

There is no doubt that a few young guns are almost ready for the break thru but who and when?

Wouldn't really worry about this type of competition - give the full panel loads of game time.  That's what it's all about.

I'l be more worried about getting focussed on the 10 in a row. It'll be harder then people think.

Celtic need a  real good keeper, centre back, mid-fielder and a striker...at least.  Need to get the quality in. Probably need a left-back also coiming to think of it as they have no options there.

illdecide

Starting to get a bit worried a bit of the lack of signings...I know Celtic always do lastminute.com and i'm sure NL knows who he wants and the position he needs strengthening in...The Town and Country know we need a keeper, left back, centre half and a proven striker...that's a certainty. Celtic have put an official bid in fro AEK Athens goalkeeper which was rejected but i'm sure they'll go back again with an improved offer (Lawell prob offer another £20). As i say I've no doubt NL knows who he wants and needs it's whether or not he gets them is the question.

One thing is for certain though you'll not see the spending this year or next from any of the clubs that you'd have seen in previous years...Money is tight

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on July 23, 2020, 02:34:36 PM
Starting to get a bit worried a bit of the lack of signings...I know Celtic always do lastminute.com and i'm sure NL knows who he wants and the position he needs strengthening in...The Town and Country know we need a keeper, left back, centre half and a proven striker...that's a certainty. Celtic have put an official bid in fro AEK Athens goalkeeper which was rejected but i'm sure they'll go back again with an improved offer (Lawell prob offer another £20). As i say I've no doubt NL knows who he wants and needs it's whether or not he gets them is the question.

One thing is for certain though you'll not see the spending this year or next from any of the clubs that you'd have seen in previous years...Money is tight

The board are doing their usual 'wait and see' thing where they think they'll win league without spending any cash.

This year, or all years, they need to get it sorted.  Not sure if Lennon has any input to who Celtic buy.  The team is light on quality.   He plays lads like Brown, Mc Gregor and Forrest nearly every game.  Be hard for them to do it again this year with all the games.

illdecide

Decent performance today, v hard to judge as Hamilton were pretty poor TBH but all you can do is beat who's put in front of you and that's what Celtic done convincingly. Still need two or three players to be sure of this season but the biggest signing Celtic can do this year is tie Edouard up for another few seasons and make sure he stays this season. If Celtic do that then it's only Celtic's season to lose.

general

No reason eddy shouldnt be hitting 30-40  in the league this year.

ned

Quote from: general on August 02, 2020, 09:34:54 PM
No reason eddy shouldnt be hitting 30-40  in the league this year.

I'd say 50 plus. If he stays fit and isn't sold. I know it was Hamilton but He has ability to play for any team.

MoChara

Some craic with the new rangers top 😂😂

illdecide

Quote from: MoChara on August 03, 2020, 09:43:43 PM
Some craic with the new rangers top 😂😂

The gift that keeps giving :)

From the Bunker

Is this what you are talking about?

RadioGAAGAA

Surprised they didn't go for a wee UVF number like linfield.

But yeah, I suppose that'd be too subtle for them.
i usse an speelchekor

illdecide

No, I think what he's talking about is there are loads of photos going about on WhatsApp about Sevco's new top being delivered with rips in the seams, letters missing, club crest missing, letters can't be made out etc etc. Basically such an amateur job it's embarrassing.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-fans-rage-at-castore-home-kit-delivery-failings/

MoChara

Quote from: illdecide on August 05, 2020, 01:30:00 PM
No, I think what he's talking about is there are loads of photos going about on WhatsApp about Sevco's new top being delivered with rips in the seams, letters missing, club crest missing, letters can't be made out etc etc. Basically such an amateur job it's embarrassing.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-fans-rage-at-castore-home-kit-delivery-failings/

aye that's the one, a lot of Rangers forums are saying its Celtic fans buying the tops to make them look bad  ;D

Main Street

They should have stuck with Mike Ashley.

JimStynes

A lot more talk of French Eddie going!