Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2020, 10:52:05 AM
Quote from: five points on October 09, 2020, 10:46:44 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on October 09, 2020, 09:55:24 AM
Quote from: APM on October 09, 2020, 09:21:28 AM
Have no time for Nolan, but what is the problem with wearing a mask into the shop.  If it contributes to a XX% reduction in the spread of infection; if social distancing contributes XX% reduction; handwashing and basic hygiene, x%; etc.  All these small things come together to reduce the risk. 

The disease didn't spread during lockdown because people generally adhered to the guidance.  It's spreading now and you can clearly see an increased complacency and some seriously selfish attitudes.  The same people will know all about it in 6 weeks if intensive care facilities cannot cope.

What really fcuks me off is people walking past the sanitiser at the door of the shops. Every shop has them but people have to actively go out of their way to to not sanitise their hands.

WTF is wrong with society when you can't put a bit of sanitiser on your hands?

My other half prefers to use her own sanitiser, which she keeps in the car. She says it's safer.  I think she's OTT but there you go.

I keep sanitizer in the car also, self filling petrol stations and other appointments that may bring you into an area that my not have it available!

In work at the start i was going, this is flipping annoying, few months in and I don't even think about it, the routine is what it is. Rather that than re-decorating

Those miserable b^^^rds Stainsburys are the worst for supplying stuff in their garages, no sanitiser available at all and always running out of gloves at pumps.

five points

Have no time for Nolan, but what is the problem with wearing a mask into the shop.  If it contributes to a XX% reduction in the spread of infection; if social distancing contributes XX% reduction; handwashing and basic hygiene, x%; etc.  All these small things come together to reduce the risk. 

The disease didn't spread during lockdown because people generally adhered to the guidance.  It's spreading now and you can clearly see an increased complacency and some seriously selfish attitudes.  The same people will know all about it in 6 weeks if intensive care facilities cannot cope.

Worth noting that there were no masks worn during lockdown.

BennyCake

Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2020, 10:03:37 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2020, 08:55:36 AM
Quote from: Taylor on October 09, 2020, 08:01:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 08, 2020, 09:56:47 PM
Not something I was aware of...

Stephen Nolan harassing people not wearing a mask in a garage forecourt. Seeing a thread on twitter about the garage giving him permission so a lot of ones saying they'll be boycotting

I assume Nolan didnt tell the garage what he was actually doing and only asked if he could use the premises for filming.

Whatever of the garage/permission or your opinion of big Nolan, the mask issue needed highlighting. It obviously led to new legislation, so that is a good thing.

Maybe he forgot it ? Has happened to me a few times. Maybe the fella is exempt

Yes maybe some are exempt. But the people Nolan confronted had no reason for not wearing one. They forgot, didn't want to or clearly didn't give a f**k.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2020, 11:05:26 AM
Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2020, 10:03:37 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2020, 08:55:36 AM
Quote from: Taylor on October 09, 2020, 08:01:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 08, 2020, 09:56:47 PM
Not something I was aware of...

Stephen Nolan harassing people not wearing a mask in a garage forecourt. Seeing a thread on twitter about the garage giving him permission so a lot of ones saying they'll be boycotting

I assume Nolan didnt tell the garage what he was actually doing and only asked if he could use the premises for filming.

Whatever of the garage/permission or your opinion of big Nolan, the mask issue needed highlighting. It obviously led to new legislation, so that is a good thing.

Maybe he forgot it ? Has happened to me a few times. Maybe the fella is exempt

Yes maybe some are exempt. But the people Nolan confronted had no reason for not wearing one. They forgot, didn't want to or clearly didn't give a f**k.
The exemption thing is a load of oul balls. Exemption might wash if you were working a shift wearing one but very little going to happen to someone with a respiratory issue if they wear a mask for 5 mins to nip in to pay for fuel or grab a bag of crisps. I have got out of the car and forgotten to put the mask on but anyone halfway orgsnised has a mask or a stash of masks in the car so don't be a lazy cnut and go back and get it. People make out that wearing a mask is like splitting the atom.

Hereiam

Well let me add to the mix..... I have watched more people going into places with masks on and not sanitising their hands, which in my opinion is worse.

clarshack

Quote from: Hereiam on October 09, 2020, 11:37:24 AM
Well let me add to the mix..... I have watched more people going into places with masks on and not sanitising their hands, which in my opinion is worse.

Agree that is worse.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on October 09, 2020, 11:39:02 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on October 09, 2020, 11:37:24 AM

Agree that is worse.

Again some people use their own and sanitize before going in.. I much prefer a place that has the automatic one rather than a hand pumped version. the step one also is good.. some shops just have a spray type god knows what they are filling it with! smells like shit sometimes !

So having your own, and knowing its the correct type is probably better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Quote from: five points on October 09, 2020, 11:02:42 AM

No it's not worth noting.

Why would it be worth noting that people did not wear masks when they were in lock down?

five points

Quote from: LCohen on October 09, 2020, 01:06:47 PM

Why would it be worth noting that people did not wear masks when they were in lock down?

Because he linked mask wearing to the virus not spreading during lockdown.

Minder

Quote from: five points on October 09, 2020, 01:18:49 PM

I woudo say it was spreading but as next to nobody was being tested they didn't know
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

I have no love for Nolan but the question about people who are exempt he answered on his show yesterday. He indicated that the first question he asked anyone was why they were not wearing a mask?  If they replied they were exempt he accepted them on their word. He wanted to get a reaction and your man walking away from him was the reaction he wanted. M sure if your man had turned round and said I meant to put it on and only got it on as I went into the shop then there would have been no issue. The fact your man walked away created the story.

I have gone to the shop and forgotten my mask and it's crap and you feel like a leper but I understand why it has to be done. To be honest I've more or less self isolated till the whole shebang is sorted. No f**king point and I can work away merrily from home.

Franko

Worth noting that nobody went anywhere during lockdown.

The mask thing was introduced so as some steps towards normality could be taken regarding social interaction whilst still trying to maintain control of virus transmission.

The fact that people can't seem to cope with this tiny imposition on their lives is incredible.  These are exactly the same people who will spouting the faux concern for the "shopkeepers and small businesses"  But at the same time railing against the very measures which are in place to facilitate these businesses continuing to trade.

I appreciate that people forget masks, but those who actively refuse to wear them are just total scumbags IMO.

APM

Quote from: five points on October 09, 2020, 01:18:49 PM

I didn't. I said that during lockdown people followed the guidance! The guidance is now to wear a mask.  It wasn't then. 

NAG1

There needs to be some kind of system for those who are exempt from wearing a mask. Something akin to the blue badge for parking, that way there is accountability for wearing them and people can then confidently withhold services or whatever from someone who is not complying.

This is too serious for people just to do whatever they feel like.

tbrick18

Quote from: NAG1 on October 09, 2020, 03:20:01 PM
There needs to be some kind of system for those who are exempt from wearing a mask. Something akin to the blue badge for parking, that way there is accountability for wearing them and people can then confidently withhold services or whatever from someone who is not complying.

This is too serious for people just to do whatever they feel like.

I agree, but that costs money and there's none to spare.
The police need to take a zero tolerance approach to everyone.....for those who are genuinely exempt, let them appeal the fixed penalty. If its genuine, they should be able to supply supporting evidence to the appeal.
I think that would be less of an overhead to put in place.