Any update on King Henry's injury?

Started by Man Marker, August 09, 2010, 12:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Reillers

Gutted no doubt. Poor lad. Not the first time he's done it either..to the other knee I'm sure though. 31 and he's done in his cruciate. Hopefully it's not the last we've seen of him. Pitty he wont be there for the final.

seafoid

A real pity

Irish Times

Henry Shefflin has been ruled out of the All-Ireland hurling final after it was confirmed today that the 31-year-old severed a cruciate ligament during Kilenny's semi-final victory over Cork on Sunday.
Shefflin received the news from orthoepaedic surgeon Dr Tadhg O'Sullivan today that his season was over.
In 2007 Shefflin limped out of the All-Ireland final when he also ruptured a ligament. On that occasion the damage was to the right knee, but this time it is the left one.

"I am so disappointed I don't know how I feel," Shefflin said when he revealed the news. "I am devastated. I was hoping against hope that it was something else but the surgeon has confirmed my worst fears."
Shefflin was struck down by injury in the 25th minute after he had made a terrific opening to the game, contesting a high ball and then he came crashing down on his left leg.
"I heard some pop. I had an idea I was in a bit of trouble but I was hoping it wasn't what I feared it might be," he said.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

muppet

Very bad luck for him but of course an opportunity for someone else. Who comes in? Comerford or someone like Richie Hogan?
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Kilkenny should throw in Christy Heffernan for old times' sake.
They could probably win with a footballer or a girl in that position anyway but
Cody is too conservative for that sort of a move.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

orangeman

heffo

orangeman

Kilkenny's all-time top scorer Henry Shefflin has been ruled out of action for next month's All-Ireland Senior Hurling final, after Kilkenny officials confirmed the extent of the Ballyhale Shamrocks player's injury this evening.

Shefflin picked up a knee injury after 25 minutes in the Cats' semi-final victory over Cork on Sunday and underwent a scan with a local consultant today.

In a statement issued to local radio station KCLR96fm the Kilkenny County Board confirmed the extent of Shefflin's injury.

"Henry Shefflin's injury has been confimed as a cruciate ligament to his left knee. His previous cruciate injury was to his right knee," it read.

Shefflin received the news from the Orthopedic surgeon Dr Tadhg O'Sullivan at 11am today that his season was over.

Friends say that he is devastated.

However, there is better news for Brian Hogan who picked up a shoulder knock against the Rebels.

"Brian Hogan's shoulder injury is not as serious first thought. With treatment he should be fit for the All-Ireland final.
The statement concludes: "The Kilkenny County Board and all Kilkenny supporters wish both Henry and Brian the best as they begin their recoveries."

imtommygunn

Real pity for him. To miss what will probably be 5 in a row is bound to hurt.

Be a lot of competition for the no. 11 jersey now.

Milltown Row2

Thats just Sh1te, Richie Power to take over the free taking and Comerford in, straight swap. if Hogan is fine then it won't make a pile of difference.

Power hit all the frees after Henry went off and didn't miss. might give other teams some hope though and change the mindset leading into the final.

Bad blow for Ballyhale in the championship also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Devastating for him. If anyone deserved to play for the five in a row, it was him.

orangeman

He's NEVER missed a game in the championship under Cody.

Horrible luck but it shows how easy these things can happen and the obvious greater risk of doing another cruciate once you've done one of them before.

Asal Mor

Terrible news. There's no words to describe how sh!tty this is. Best hurler I've seen. He'll be back.

The only silver lining is that it makes Kilkenny a little bit vulnerable in the final.

gallsman

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 10, 2010, 11:04:16 PM
Terrible news. There's no words to describe how sh!tty this is. Best hurler I've seen. He'll be back.

The only silver lining is that it makes Kilkenny a little bit vulnerable in the final.

Not by much.