Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

QuoteThere's no cpmparison between Clare / Limerick and the boyos from Cork

Why?

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on November 06, 2009, 08:24:50 PM
QuoteThere's no cpmparison between Clare / Limerick and the boyos from Cork

Why?

They're only youngsters compared to the Cork lads.

Zulu

What? I presume you aren't referring to their actual age, because that would be surreal.

imtommygunn

OM you make no sense whatsoever. You never have but even for you...

Minder they had to get to the semi to beat Waterford and again this year they got to the semi. Limerick are not AI contenders but they've got to the latter stages a lot over the last few years. They're not getting handy draws every year. So why have they and no one else got there?

orangeman

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 06, 2009, 09:17:39 PM
OM you make no sense whatsoever. You never have but even for you...

Minder they had to get to the semi to beat Waterford and again this year they got to the semi. Limerick are not AI contenders but they've got to the latter stages a lot over the last few years. They're not getting handy draws every year. So why have they and no one else got there?

You missed it although it wasn't very clear I have to admit.

Zulu

So can you clear up what you meant?

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on November 06, 2009, 09:50:24 PM

Cork lads are veterans of the winter strike action at this stage unlike the possible strike being talked about in Clare. That's all.

Zulu

Oh ok, so your objection to the Cork strike last year wasn't based on the treatment of Gerald or ignoring 'democracy' but simply because they had done it on more than one occassion?

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on November 06, 2009, 10:05:35 PM
Oh ok, so your objection to the Cork strike last year wasn't based on the treatment of Gerald or ignoring 'democracy' but simply because they had done it on more than one occassion?

I think you know that's not the case.

I just hope that there isn't another strike or strikes this year.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 06, 2009, 09:53:17 PM
Quote from: Zulu on November 06, 2009, 09:50:24 PM

Cork lads are veterans of the winter strike action at this stage unlike the possible strike being talked about in Clare. That's all.

..Great to see your final true opinions come to light.

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on November 06, 2009, 10:29:29 PM

I haven't a clue what you think, I'll wait to see how this develops but I'll be interested to see if these Limerick and Clare lads get the same treatment from the defenders of the GAA as the Cork players did because as things stand there are major parallels.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on November 06, 2009, 10:37:17 PM

I haven't a clue what you think, I'll wait to see how this develops but I'll be interested to see if these Limerick and Clare lads get the same treatment from the defenders of the GAA as the Cork players did because as things stand there are major parallels.

Limerick and Clare haven't got form in this regard at all but let's see how it goes. I'd be fairly certain however that Clare and Limerick will not experience the same trauma as was felt in Cork last winter.

INDIANA

As regards the Clare situation I've already said  on another thread that while I don't rate Mike Mac the Clare team has a range of uncommitted players who wouldn't be any use if they had Brian cody unless their attitude changed.

For the limerick situation I think Limerick people are baffled as regards why a totally committed player like niall Moran who is one of their top forwards has been dropped for inferior players. Shaughs as well but obviously the poor fella had extentuating circumstances there. But you'd wonder did the management even take an interest in the issues there.
Lucey wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea- very forceful in the dressing room. Top player thought but I can see why justin wouldn't want him on board.

I'll be honest I think Justin has lost it at this stage. thats hardly the same as Gerald  Mc carthy situation who at least managed to pick the best players at his disposal. Justin hasn't even managed to do that. And if you're as well in with limerick Gaa as you appear to be you'll know things are afoot already.

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on November 06, 2009, 10:50:55 PM

Limerick and Clare haven't got form in this regard at all but let's see how it goes. I'd be fairly certain however that Clare and Limerick will not experience the same trauma as was felt in Cork last winter.

What has that got to do with your opinion on the merits of this show of 'player power'?

QuoteAs regards the Clare situation I've already said  on another thread that while I don't rate Mike Mac the Clare team has a range of uncommitted players who wouldn't be any use if they had Brian cody unless their attitude changed.

A democratically mandated manager who the players aren't happy with and want gone, errily similar to Cork last wouldn't you say?

QuoteFor the limerick situation I think Limerick people are baffled as regards why a totally committed player like niall Moran who is one of their top forwards has been dropped for inferior players. Shaughs as well but obviously the poor fella had extentuating circumstances there. But you'd wonder did the management even take an interest in the issues there.
Lucey wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea- very forceful in the dressing room. Top player thought but I can see why justin wouldn't want him on board.

I'll be honest I think Justin has lost it at this stage. thats hardly the same as Gerald  Mc carthy situation who at least managed to pick the best players at his disposal. Justin hasn't even managed to do that. And if you're as well in with limerick Gaa as you appear to be you'll know things are afoot already.

There is plenty afoot indeed but again, McCarthy is the manager and rightly or wrongly dropped 12 players but is it not player power at play again? The Cork players we were told last year were possibly motivated by getting Gerald out because they wanted to secure their own places on the panel, which was nonsense. Now the Limerick lads seem to actually want the manager out so that some lads will get back on the panel and there is none of the outrage, strange.

By the way the Limerick lads weren't happy with McCarthy by the end of last year so this has been coming for some time but I'm just baffled by the lack of outrage on this site. I was one of the few to defend the Cork players for the last two years against some disgracfully personal comments from lads (many of whom, hadn't a clue) yet mirror situations in Limerick and Clare are developing without a whimper.

orangeman

Without wishing to plough the same furrows, the Clare and Limerick disputes are not mirror images of the Cork disputes, as you would like to believe.