Donal Og's Book

Started by passedit, October 18, 2009, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Saw this on AFR this morning

http://www.anfearrua.com/db.asp?a=topicdisplay&tid=721969

Unfortunate that he should choose the Daily Mail for such a revelation.

I hope (for once) that the moderators here follow AFR's cautious lead.

Don't Panic

cicfada

An extraordinarily brave move on his part, it will put an end to the rumours anyway. It never affected his goalkeeping ability or indeeed influenced his tactics with regard to stirkes etc. This book will sell in huge numbers now! I wonder who will follow his lead!!!!!!!!

orangeman

Quote from: passedit on October 18, 2009, 11:24:55 AM

Would agree with that.

Definitely a very brave move on his part. Incendiary is how the book content is being described.

Good luck to him.

Lecale2

Fair play to him. A brave move indeed.

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on October 18, 2009, 12:02:08 PM

Would agree with that.

Definitely a very brave move on his part. Incendiary is how the book content is being described.

Good luck to him.

lads there was stuff that they had to take out of the book because it was libellous. Could have been even more incendiary from what I heard.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on October 18, 2009, 01:08:29 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 18, 2009, 12:02:08 PM

Would agree with that.

Good luck to him.

lads there was stuff that they had to take out of the book because it was libellous. Could have been even more incendiary from what I heard.

Correct.

He was always going to have to cover that particular issue - fair play to him for not shying away from it.

zoyler

Could not care less about his sexual orientation.  What upsets me is serialisation in the most anti-Irish Newspaper in the history of the British Yellow Press - even worse then The Sun.

I suppose we should not be surprised given his membership and encouragement of the GPA - when you bring in money principle soon loses out.

slow corner back

I for one would never buy the mail under any circumstances and indeed my opinion on Donals book would be similar ( I know I am prejudging a book I have not read but I just do not like the guy bec ause of his GPA striking B**shit ). Fair dues to him however for being the first high profile GAA player to come out that must have been difficult for him and his family.

stew

Quote from: slow corner back on October 18, 2009, 05:10:01 PM
I for one would never buy the mail under any circumstances and indeed my opinion on Donals book would be similar ( I know I am prejudging a book I have not read but I just do not like the guy bec ause of his GPA striking B**shit ). Fair dues to him however for being the first high profile GAA player to come out that must have been difficult for him and his family.

I would ahve no time for him based on what i know about his involvement with the gpa, I think he is a repugnant bastid and would have no time for him or his ilk. Desie and yer man are despicable hoors.

I will give the attention seeking hoor this though, he has some set of balls on him to come out and be the first openly gay GAA player.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stevetharlear

Quote from: stew on October 18, 2009, 08:54:50 PM

I would ahve no time for him based on what i know about his involvement with the gpa, I think he is a repugnant bastid and would have no time for him or his ilk. Desie and yer man are despicable hoors.

I will give the attention seeking hoor this though, he has some set of balls on him to come out and be the first openly gay GAA player.

Is it just Dessie and Donl's involvement bugs ya or is it all GPA members?

stew

Quote from: stevetharlear on October 18, 2009, 09:31:39 PM

It is any member who wants to turn our sports into a professional game, played by mercenaries for profit, these two are the highest profile players who have spoken out on tis and they is why i reserved my loathing for these two, they are the poster children for all that is bad within the gpa.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Zulu

The fact that they haven't done this is neither here nor there to you I suppose? That is simply your interpretation of statements they've made and that interpreatation is in fact at odds with what both men have said publicly.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on October 18, 2009, 10:33:32 PM
The fact that they haven't done this is neither here nor there to you I suppose? That is simply your interpretation of statements they've made and that interpreatation is in fact at odds with what both men have said publicly.

And that's shite too Zulu. Yourself and others write/talk as if the GPA member is unknown to the rest of the GAA and they're misunderstood. If only we knew them we'd know how the GAA will develop and improve from what they're trying to do. We all know what they're at, maybe their parents and others licking their arses don't care or can't see for the darkness.

Reillers

Quote from: zoyler on October 18, 2009, 04:42:12 PM
Could not care less about his sexual orientation.  What upsets me is serialisation in the most anti-Irish Newspaper in the history of the British Yellow Press - even worse then The Sun.

I suppose we should not be surprised given his membership and encouragement of the GPA - when you bring in money principle soon loses out.

First off, I thought that was pretty old news, apparently not for some.

And secondly I'm 99% sure that the publishers decide all the things that include which paper gets the first extracts and such, very little to do with him, but of course he'll get insulted for just about anything on here.

Reillers

Quote from: stew on October 18, 2009, 10:15:49 PM
Quote from: stevetharlear on October 18, 2009, 09:31:39 PM

It is any member who wants to turn our sports into a professional game, played by mercenaries for profit, these two are the highest profile players who have spoken out on tis and they is why i reserved my loathing for these two, they are the poster children for all that is bad within the gpa.

Are you pulling the piss, plenty of other high profile players have come out in backing of the GPA, yet you don't have a go at them.
You could find a lot of things that the likes of Donal Og has done that would make hime a good poster for the young kids.
But never mind that..It's your personal opinion that's involved here, what's the point in hiding it.