All Ireland Hurling Final Kilkenny v Tipp - 4 in a row for Kilkenny ?

Started by orangeman, August 30, 2009, 10:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Right lads, we can't let the week pass without some discussion on the big game this weekend.

Can Tipp take the Cats ?

What will the KK team be ? Hickey in ? Who might be dropped ?

KK midfield ?

dowling

You would have to think it will be a close enough game Orangeman and I see Tipp coming out a couple of points to the good. Hopefully Kelly will shine.

lilpaulie85

I think kilkenny by about seven, they have so much all over the field and on the bench. if they get a lead at all tipp are in serious trouble. Kilkenny also seem to have something in reserve all year and with this being the final you can guarantee cody will have them chomping at the bit. Should be competitive for the first half but i cant see tipp staying with the cats for much longer than that.
Chase the dream not the competition.

milltown row

i going for a Tipp win

Tipp will come out flying, they have got off to a great start in every game this year in the championship and there is no reason why they wont start off like that again. Lar Corrbet is a bit like Eddie Brennan, in the space of five minutes he could score 2-3.

course Kilkenny will want that start also and have the power to do so but they will have to work defensively early on. the crucial part of the game will be the 50 minute period. if Tipp can compete during this period then they will have a chance of stopping Kilkenny.

what we don't want (us neutrals) is for Kilkenny to have the game won by the first ten minutes. I'll leave and head to the pub

orangeman

Who is reffing ? Can we expect Tipp to take the "game" to KK ala National League Final tactics ?

Get ripped into them, go toe to toe, and try and out muscle them ?

maxpower

Going to go for a Kilkenny win, They are just awesome, i think the key to beating Tipp is to nullify their half forwards and in Walsh, Hogan and JJ (if he plays there) i really think they will stiffle this line. 

Kilkenny 2-14
Tipp 1:13
What happens next????

milltown row

Max, it's bound to be be a higher score line than that!!

i'm going for 2-18 Kilkenny

3-16 Tipp

johnneycool

It'll be high scoring alright but a lot will depend on how much ball Tipp can get into their fullforward line and  i just can't see the Tipp half backs/midfield/half forwards dominating for long enough to allow that to happen.
Kilkenny have the better bench if lads fail to perform and that will make the difference.

Kilkenny by 5 but it won't be a foregone conclusion long before the final whistle.

EddieMerx

If this bad weather continues and the surface is as bad as it was on Sunday then I would worry about this being a good game. In relation to the game outcome I just can't see how the Tipp half forward line can compete with the KK half back line. KK by 5+ I think

LooK_To_ThE_FuTuRE

Tipperarys full forward line will prove to much for kks fb line. Kilkenny will get more scores than tipp but tipp will get goals and that was proven against limerick... tipp to win by 2  ;D

orangeman

If it rains on Sunday, the game will be a shambles. Skates will be needed.

downgirl

Dunno if this has been shown on the board before...

I think KK will just about win in what will hopefully be a good close enthralling encounter!

orangeman

Kirwan is reffing .Paul Flynn said on Sunday game that the last time KK were properly reffed was in the league final of 2007. Hardly fair comment. Paul failed to mention that they could have done without a ref at all in last years' AI final. All they neeed was someone that was good at counting the KK scores.

Tony Baloney

Kilkenny by 5. Hopefully Saturday and Sunday are dry and the match is competitive for an hour anyway.

mckieran

Has the potential to be a real classic. Kilkenny by 5.

Will this be a sell out? I know ALl-Irelands usually are but I remember the last couple of years people saying there were a lot of tickets floating around on the days of the hurling final. Wouldnt mind going to this if there were tickets knocking about on the day.