The GAA snob

Started by Dinny Breen, July 25, 2013, 04:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Qwerty28 on July 26, 2013, 07:40:22 PM
Not really about snobs per se but  but a was at an All Ireland final a few years back and the man beside me telling his missus to look out for the red headed lad in the green and yellow jersey who was very good at getting scores!  ;D

I posted this before...........but anyway.

AIF Tyrone v Armagh 2003, the teams run out to a huge roar and just as the crowd hushes for the National Anthem my friend shouts out in a Scottish accent: 'Where are their sticks?'
MWWSI 2017

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2013, 06:15:48 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 26, 2013, 03:11:41 PM
Going to one away league match is a necessity

I used to tick this box when Mayo played the odd game in Ballina.

did you never make it as far as Cross?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Shamrock Shore

League matches my arse.

The standard in Leinster is the O'Byrne Cup first round v the likes of Yucky Dee.

Been there....seen that.....soaked the t-shirt.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 27, 2013, 12:32:49 PM
League matches my arse.

The standard in Leinster is the O'Byrne Cup first round v the likes of Yucky Dee.

Been there....seen that.....soaked the t-shirt.

Too right. Those McKenna cup games where you can't make out your full forward and full back line due to the freezing fog is where you'll find your hardcore fan. Trot out the line "it's hard to beat the vegetable soup they serve in Iniskeen on a freezing Saturday night in January" and you're on to a winner.

ardtole

you obviously were not there, the veg soup isnt great in iniskeen.

Jinxy

Have any of ye even seen the lads training?
No?
Shut up then.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Frank Casey

"His brother was a better player until he got his head turned by women/drink/gambling/the priesthood/Oz Rules etc"

"He got the talent from the mother's side"
KERRY 3:7

Qwerty28

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2013, 07:42:31 PM
Quote from: Qwerty28 on July 26, 2013, 07:40:22 PM
Not really about snobs per se but  but a was at an All Ireland final a few years back and the man beside me telling his missus to look out for the red headed lad in the green and yellow jersey who was very good at getting scores!  ;D

I posted this before...........but anyway.

Maybe we were sat beside each other?!  Kerry v Cork AIF 2009