All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

It's always amazing how the winning fans are so quick to say "Stop all the whinging and over analysing of any controversial issues and just move on lads".

I replayed that incident just before half time again last night and you can see near the top of your screen Parsons is being pulled and pushed by our old pal Philly McMahon but the camera moves off them before any contact happens so it's not clear from that angle. Now I am assuming something happened between the two if Parsons comes off at half time bleeding from his eye and so I'm just asking did anyone on here see exactly what happened. I think you're a bit paranoid Iorras as you're just commenting on what you saw at a sports match.

Personally, I think it's a disgrace if a lad comes off the pitch needing stitches and nobody is willing to talk about it or apportion blame. Has nobody in the media even brought it up or asked how did it happen?

joemamas

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 11, 2016, 02:32:30 PM
It's always amazing how the winning fans are so quick to say "Stop all the whinging and over analysing of any controversial issues and just move on lads".

I replayed that incident just before half time again last night and you can see near the top of your screen Parsons is being pulled and pushed by our old pal Philly McMahon but the camera moves off them before any contact happens so it's not clear from that angle. Now I am assuming something happened between the two if Parsons comes off at half time bleeding from his eye and so I'm just asking did anyone on here see exactly what happened. I think you're a bit paranoid Iorras as you're just commenting on what you saw at a sports match.

Personally, I think it's a disgrace if a lad comes off the pitch needing stitches and nobody is willing to talk about it or apportion blame. Has nobody in the media even brought it up or asked how did it happen?

Nothing like a little bit of factual information to get in the way of a good story. But here goes.
I saw him after a club game at the weekend. He is still supporting six or eight stitches on a cut on his eyelid.
In fairness to the lad, he didn't want to talk about it.

My own theory is that a seagull familiar to Croke park lost his bearings and flew into him. You know how these kind of things can happen in an All-Ireland final.

As someone else and now you mentioned, how some of the dozens of said hacks that now cover every aspect of the games could not be bothered to review the incident sums up their current day leanings.
Reality, they are more worried about access to a certain team and to their next interview and it probably wont be for the western people or Mayo news.

However, even more perplexing is how the game official on the Cusack side failed to bring it to the ref's attention. He must have been thinking about how late he was for his half-time cup of tea. Then again, considering the punishment for Small in an incident around the same time sums up the performance of all the officials on the day.

Not sour grapes, but for some bloggers to come on here and say nothing happened is a little too much to stomach.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

As a neutral observer, if Parsons had been headbutted I would have expected to see several Mayo players, particularly Cillian O'Connor and Aidan O'Shea making A LOT of noise about it, to both the ref and linesman.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

Yes Jinxy but there was so many other incidents going on at the same time and maybe most people's eyes were drawn to CoC and Small lashing arms at each other in the middle of the pitch whereas Connolly and Vaughan were busy squaring up to each other also. The ref had a good long chat with both linesmen after it but obviously none of them saw anything with Parsons and McMahon.
What I'm trying to find out is was it possible it was an accidental clash of heads with the pushing and pulling or did someone see a clear headbutt?

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on October 11, 2016, 02:48:24 PM
As a neutral observer, if Parsons had been headbutted I would have expected to see several Mayo players, particularly Cillian O'Connor and Aidan O'Shea making A LOT of noise about it, to both the ref and linesman.

Jinxy,

If you remember, Cillian O Connor was been "occupied" by Small at the time. Forgot where O Shea was but no doubt had the attention of one or two. If you go back and look at it, this melee took place away from main scuffle.
I was at the game and could clearly see Parsons pointing out to your fellow county man who was no more than ten yards away from incident, of course he did shag all.

Don't think it was a headbut. But still boggles the mind how no action was taken.

Bigger issue is as I said earlier not one reporter or journalist followed up on it. Go figure.

dublin7

Quote from: Jinxy on October 11, 2016, 02:48:24 PM

I remember in the semi final last year Rory O'Carroll having to go off injured and get stitches in the face after being struck by Cllian O'Connor when they were both going for the ball. That was deemed to be accidental then.  Is it not possible something similar happened in this game as well?

Also as Jinxy pointed out, if Tom Parson had actually been headbutted ::) by a certain Dublin player you can be sure the Mayo players would have been straight up to the ref/linesman to have the dublin player sent off. It seems strange that with all the tv cameras, officials and photographers around the ground no one has seen/mentioned or photographs of it happening yet some  fans know this is what happened simply by watching parts of the game and using Sherlock Holmes like detective skills!!

Could these same people watch the various videos of JFK's assassination in Dallas and use their powers of deduction to reveal who really fired the lethal shots and did they come from the book depository or the grassy knoll?

Buttofthehill

What's more likely.....Philly McMahon head butts him in front of 82000 supporters, countless officials and journalists and 28 players and subs and not one says a word.....or there is an innocent coming together like-takes deep breath-O'Connor and O'Carroll last year. I remember us Dubs up in arms over this. Something similar here I would say is more possible.

But because it's Philly McMahon, let's take it that it was a vicious head butt.

joemamas

Quote from: Buttofthehill on October 11, 2016, 03:43:55 PM
Beat me to it D7

Lets clarify, it was not a head butt.
Why don't you at least take the time to watch it before you making stupid assertions.

The Aristocrat

There was one so called Journo asking questions about it, have a guess, yes that's right, Spewan McKenna.

I'm going to take some time of work and watching every game in the league and championship in slow motion and come on here and write about and throw wild accusations around. Unmoderated!!

Buttofthehill

Quote from: joemamas on October 11, 2016, 03:55:47 PM
Quote from: Buttofthehill on October 11, 2016, 03:43:55 PM
Beat me to it D7

Lets clarify, it was not a head butt.
Why don't you at least take the time to watch it before you making stupid assertions.

Let me just clarify because you seem to be unable to get the gist of my point...I've no doubt that there was no head butt. It was said here that there was which is utter bullshit.

sid waddell

Quote from: joemamas on October 11, 2016, 03:36:30 PM

I was at the game and could clearly see Parsons pointing out to your fellow county man who was no more than ten yards away from incident, of course he did shag all.

Don't think it was a headbut. But still boggles the mind how no action was taken.

You don't know what happened, nobody appears to know what happened.

And yet officials are supposed to "take action" based on something nobody saw?

joemamas

Quote from: sid waddell on October 11, 2016, 04:15:24 PM
Quote from: joemamas on October 11, 2016, 03:36:30 PM

You don't know what happened, nobody appears to know what happened.

And yet officials are supposed to "take action" based on something nobody saw?

Sid,

Just thought I might remind you that there also is no Santa Claus.

I welcome all the newbies on the blog, but could all of you have a little common sense, otherwise you won't have a lot of credibility. 

I don't want to turn this into a Mayo V Dublin feud, as most of the long-term Dublin posters on this blog are fairly decent, knowledgeable and gracious supporters.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.