Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 30, 2017, 02:07:43 PM
I have to admit I have been openly doubting Geezer for a while now, boy hasn't he shown me and all the other key board warriors. That was a match won playing a decent brand of football. Fair play to all. Talking of lenient refs, Maurice Deegan who had a good game in the down match let the Down number 3, McGovern I believe off with a couple of outright assaults. In fairness he probably didn't see the first, good job no video ref. I would actually say that both Deegan and the ref in Armagh vs Kildare had good games. In the Armagh game he applied the Black card rule as it should be though I'm not sure it was exactly as per the letter of the rule. The only cynical tackle which denied a scoring opportunity was by a Kildare player and was rightly black carded the two other incidents involving Rafferty (I think) and the Kildare goalie were in my view correctly yellow. Any way goonnnnn Armagh!

Kildale keeper clearly a black card.

5 Sams

I'll whisper this quietly but Armagh were very good yesterday...I was very impressed with them and I really enjoyed the game....apart from the drunkard in Orange behind me roaring in my ear about "Jamie", "Jamie, "Jamie"....only player he knew.
The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 30, 2017, 05:05:32 PM
I'll whisper this quietly but Armagh were very good yesterday...I was very impressed with them and I really enjoyed the game....apart from the drunkard in Orange behind me roaring in my ear about "Jamie", "Jamie, "Jamie"....only player he knew.

Fixed that for you.

Armagh were very good yesterday
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Good man Sams...nice to see you appreciate quality!!

Sportacus

Good stuff from Armagh and fair play to their supporters who brought a great atmosphere to Croke Park (although there was one woman not far from me who'd be better staying away from the drink at a big match).  They were the best team I've seen all weekend.  It was great to see their forwards play with confidence and Clarke was loving it in the second half.  Their bench made a big impact.  Can't see why they couldn't give it a good cut against Tyrone.

I think football is moving on a bit from the completely negative tactics which McGuinness and Co brought to the table.  Both of yesterdays games were entertaining, yes there were extra men at the back but not to the point of ruining it.

balladmaker

QuoteI think football is moving on a bit from the completely negative tactics which McGuinness and Co brought to the table.  Both of yesterdays games were entertaining, yes there were extra men at the back but not to the point of ruining it.

Wait till we see the Tyrone blanket in full flow next Saturday, they'll try to strangle each Armagh attack into submission and break at pace to pick off the required scores to win.  Clarke won't get the space to do what he did against Kildare unfortunately, will be interesting to see what tactic the Armagh management come up with to break down the Tyrone defence.  Yes, Tyrone will be hot favourites, but Armagh will give it a great go I think.

Yesterday was as an impressive performance by an Armagh team that I've seen in a long time, and they could have held their own against most teams playing this weekend.

Hectic

Armagh were good but I did not understand what merited thehot favourites tag for Kildare before the game started. I think Tyrone will come through handy enough.

stew

Quote from: Hectic on July 30, 2017, 08:32:13 PM
Armagh were good but I did not understand what merited thehot favourites tag for Kildare before the game started. I think Tyrone will come through handy enough.

Good man.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hectic

Quote from: stew on July 30, 2017, 09:00:05 PM
Quote from: Hectic on July 30, 2017, 08:32:13 PM

Good man.

Hope I am wrong though. Would be good to see Armagh get back in the mix

punt kick

You had only the one, my Son and I sat beside 3 drunken down men, late 50's and the pricks just watched the screen, probably too pished to see the match on the field so I had one of the feckers smelly drunken face in mine when I was watching down the canal end and they were watching the screen, p.s. Down weren't very good!

mup

Well done Armagh and Kieran McGeeney.

I thought we might just get over the line but alas it wasn't to be. I hate admitting it but there is a serious lack of balls in Kildare football. When McGeeney had us people were blaming him for  losing tight games. Last Saturday proved that maybe its Kildare football that has something wrong with it.

Taylor

Took in both games to see what our opponents were like and to be honest learned v little.

Armagh are an average outfit but how naive are Kildare? Clarke was really the only quality outlet Armagh had and Kildare didnt bother their arses marking him. Crazy stuff. We wont make the same mistake.

Rafferty point and Mc Parland (think it was him) point in first half were both wonder scores but you only get one in every 10 of them.

Enjoyable game of football.

The new breed of Apple muncher supporters are louder than their predecessors were in the 00's and dare I say it seem to be even more drunk at games.

At least they had supporters though. Kildare wans must not have known there was a game on

Ethan Tremblay

Went to the match with more hope than expectation, one of Armagh's finest games this season. 

My observations:
Clarke won the majority of kick passes into him, makes sense he was the outlet and some of his point taking was of the highest standard. 

McParland is showing great form at the moment and shows what a run of games can do for a player.  Ethan Rafferty is a great option from the bench as is ONeil. 

Hughes in nets is a gem of a goalkeeper, the top level teams have a keeps who's kicking game is pivotal and his is up there.

Brophy for Kildare is a top baller and he will be pushing Kildare football on over the next ten years. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

omochain

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 08:59:14 AM
Took in both games to see what our opponents were like and to be honest learned v little.

Armagh are an average outfit but how naive are Kildare? Clarke was really the only quality outlet Armagh had and Kildare didnt bother their arses marking him. Crazy stuff. We wont make the same mistake.

Rafferty point and Mc Parland (think it was him) point in first half were both wonder scores but you only get one in every 10 of them.

The new breed of Apple muncher supporters are louder than their predecessors were in the 00's and dare I say it seem to be even more drunk at games.

At least they had supporters though. Kildare wans must not have known there was a game on

What magnificent condescension!!!

Armamike

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 08:59:14 AM

StGalls, Overthebar, and now your goodself.  Are you guys produced from the same cloning factory as your footballers?
That's just, like your opinion man.