Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

The space inside the Kikdare defence was unreal. The Armagh forwards will find s world of difference next week in rgst regard, whether it's Tyrone or Dublin.

Btw, Rafferty's point will get all the headlines but Jamie Clarke's last (may have beem second last) was my pick. Not for the finish but for the work of O'Hanlon dispossessing Conway and steaming up the Cusack side before setting up the score. Deadly stuff.

Wildweasel74

critical of both Jamie Clarke and McGeeney.But I could not hold them in higher esteem

Ha right Tony , you practical had a vendetta against Clarke taking a year out, a few years back
too late to take it back now.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 29, 2017, 09:56:59 PM
critical of both Jamie Clarke and McGeeney.But I could not hold them in higher esteem

Ha right Tony , you practical had a vendetta against Clarke taking a year out, a few years back
too late to take it back now.

It's taken Jamie the year back to start to deliver on his talent. The funny thing is I reckon he can seriously deliver now as he hasn't had the abuse of his body at a younger age when it isn't hardened. He won't get the space next time I reckon but he's more patient and experienced now so his game is more rounded.

As for Tony...  ;D

Donnellys Hollow

Suspected the defence would struggle without Eoin Doyle covering and so it proved. Add to that this group of players inability to ever perform in Croke Park. A disappointing end to what up until today had been a fairly positive year.

Well done to Armagh and McGeeney.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

T Fearon

I believe simply criticise when its merited and similarly credit when its due.

thebar

Quote from: T Fearon on July 29, 2017, 10:07:21 PM
I believe simply criticise when its merited and similarly credit when its due.

I believe your an embarrassment myself.

tonto1888

On way home. Absolutely buzzing. Great game of football if not for the ticker. Clarke was unreal. But McParland deserves a lot of praise too

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 29, 2017, 10:33:33 PM
On way home. Absolutely buzzing. Great game of football if not for the ticker. Clarke was unreal. But McParland deserves a lot of praise too

Yeah apart from Jamie i thought McParland and Donaghynwere outstanding.

Armamike

Bloody brilliant. Told you we wouldn't get tanked Stew.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: clarshack on July 29, 2017, 08:35:33 PM
Kildare have done a lot of stupid things in this game. In the end it was the jammiest of goals that proved to be the difference.

Ah come on.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Gael85

McGeeney has some record winning Qualifiers between Armagh/Kildare, That 20 wins in 25 games. 1 of the defeats was the game against Laois which had to be replayed when Laois used too many subs.

LCohen

Fantastic result and in the most part a cracking display. I know Charlie got MOTM but I thought Donaghy, Clarke and McParland were the stars. Morgan was given a lot of responsibility and did very well. Blaine Hughes had a wobble on kick outs but recovered to his accomplished self.

We are enjoying the benefits of a strong bench and the right switches are being made. Forker was 1 foul from a red card and that could easily been the losing of the game. Hopefully McKay can make it for next weekend but would be very surprised if Murnin makes it.

Big positive for us was that our heads did not go down. There were a couple of spells when we were being destroyed but we dug in. On the second of these Kildare took the lead for the first time and doubt could have set in. The very thing that was missing in the league has been found from somewhere

Orior

That's four wins in a row for Armagh. A great summer and lots of miles.

Sat beside a very entertaining Monaghan man. No water thrown.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: LCohen on July 29, 2017, 11:52:06 PM
Big positive for us was that our heads did not go down. There were a couple of spells when we were being destroyed but we dug in. On the second of these Kildare took the lead for the first time and doubt could have set in. The very thing that was missing in the league has been found from somewhere

That's the key point. People from other counties probably were a bit tired of Armagh posters going on in here about how they should be doing better, but the building blocks were there and people were a bit frustrated that the overall construction was not yet taking shape. Now it has and well done to all concerned.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2017, 12:09:58 AM
Quote from: LCohen on July 29, 2017, 11:52:06 PM

That's the key point. People from other counties probably were a bit tired of Armagh posters going on in here about how they should be doing better, but the building blocks were there and people were a bit frustrated that the overall construction was not yet taking shape. Now it has and well done to all concerned.

I'm also pleased to see so many forwards and backs able to take scores.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians