Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

So much for Kildare doing very well at the back after a poor enough start. Ended up conceding 1-17 with 1-14 from play to a side that couldn't get out of Div 3. Fair play to Armagh though thats the 2nd time in 4 seasons that they have reached the last 8 of the championship from disappointing league campaigns.

Captain Scarlet

There were too many small margins and easy shots missed in the first and second half. The worse thing is that not all were under huge pressure.
Ethan Rafferty´s monster point came directly after we hit one into the keeper´s arms from 21 yards out.
I am sickened to be honest. I think Kildare are one of the few teams who really seem to synchronize bad individual performances. I know you need to give credit to Armagh for that, but some of the basic stupid shit was ridiculous. When that happens everything to do with form can be thrown out.

Fair play to Armagh and I will look forward to watching Clarke with my neutrals hat on going forward.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Dinny Breen

Well done Armagh, no quibbles here. We made us look like what we are an inexperienced side. Disappointing end to a good season for Kildare.

#newbridgeornowhere

Zulu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 29, 2017, 09:19:00 PM
So much for Kildare doing very well at the back after a poor enough start. Ended up conceding 1-17 with 1-14 from play to a side that couldn't get out of Div 3. Fair play to Armagh though thats the 2nd time in 4 seasons that they have reached the last 8 of the championship from disappointing league campaigns.

Remind me what the Armagh defence that did so well conceded?

balladmaker

Absolutely delighted with that performance.  Congrats to Armagh's team & management!  Bring on next week, we Armagh shouldn't fear anyone and just go for it, fair play Ard Mhacha!!

T Fearon

Brilliant show.In the past I have been critical of both Jamie Clarke and McGeeney.But I could not hold them in higher esteem after the last two games.Brilliant the pair of them.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Zulu on July 29, 2017, 09:23:17 PM

Kildare scored more against Dublins defence than Armaghs enough said.

naka

Loving it
The atmosphere in the train back home is as good as it gets

Captain Scarlet

I am scratching the head here wondering how the fook Clarke wasn´t sat on?! He is not some bolter. Everyone knew coming into the game he would float and cause havoc...
We put Ollie Lyons on him and he tormented him. He never had another shadow. That also meant Lyons didn't have his usual darts up field.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Il Bomber Destro

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on July 29, 2017, 09:31:33 PM
Brilliant show.In the past I have been critical of both Jamie Clarke and McGeeney.But I could not hold them in higher esteem after the last two games.Brilliant the pair of them.
Oh ye of little faith...

highorlow

Worthwhile reading the 1st three pages of this thread. Fairly accurate punditry from the board here.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Zulu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 29, 2017, 09:32:24 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 29, 2017, 09:23:17 PM

Kildare scored more against Dublins defence than Armaghs enough said.

Right, so Armagh's defence is better than Dublin's?

reddgnhand

Quote from: rrhf on July 29, 2017, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 29, 2017, 09:31:33 PM
Oh ye of little faith...

He's a two faced git. Done the same with BR on the Celtic thread. Hope its Tyrone v Armagh will create a bit of excitement.  Well done Armagh and Geezer.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: highorlow on July 29, 2017, 09:44:41 PM
Worthwhile reading the 1st three pages of this thread. Fairly accurate punditry from the board here.
Thanks. Pages 2 and 3 i was fairly spot on with my punditry.