Ulster Club Hurling League

Started by Lecale2, January 05, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

He's the list of entries for this year. A fair few more than last year. The increase probably reflects the relative success of the competition.  There's a couple of clubs I haven't heard off in that list. Who are  Gael Chamabhainn from Tyrone for example? I didn't know there were so many hurling clubs in Cavan. 
I'm disappointed with the turn out from Down. Why did Kilclief not enter No 1? They're always complaining about not getting enough matches in Down. Ballela, Liatroim & Ballyvarley are all missing as well but they have small numbers to pick from.

Antrim (22)                Armagh (6)
Loughgiel                       Middletown
St Johns                        Keady
Ballycastle                      Cuchulainn
Rossa                            Sean Tracey's
Glenariff                         Killeavy
Lamh Dhearg                  Craobh Rua
St Paul's
Cushendun                     Donegal (6)
Gortnamona                   Burt
Carey Faughs                  Setanta
St Endas                        Mac Cumhaills
Rasharkin                       Aodh Ruadh
Armoy                           St Eunans
Ballymena                      Four Masters
Dunloy
St Galls                          Tyrone (5)
Sarsfields                        Eire Og
Tir Na Nog                      Eoghan Ruadh
Shane O Neills                Shamrocks Strabane
St Brigids C Mills               Naomh Colum Cille
Ardoyne                         Gael Chamabhainn
Creggan

Down ( 8 )          Fermanagh (2)
Ballycran                        Lisnaskea
Portaferry                      Lisbellaw
Ballygalget
Newry Shamrocks           Monaghan (6)
Bredagh                        Castleblaney
St Peters W, point          Truagh Gaels
Castlewellan                   Monaghan Harps
Clonduff                        Inniskeen
                                  Carrickmacross
                                  Latton

Derry ( 8 )                
Kevin Lynch's
Banagher                       Cavan (4)
Ballinascreen                   Mullahoran
Lavey                            Ballymachugh
Slaughtniel                     Cavan Gaels
Swatragh                       Woodford Gaels
Eoghan Rua
Na Magha

Aristotle Flynn

Camowen Gaels are an amalgamation of Omagh & Killyclogher. They couldn't field on the own for a few years at adult level so decided to come together last year for Tyrone league & championship. Good to see them in the UHL. The more games the better.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

SlimShady

Lecale, where did you get that list? there wouldnt be a Football one available would there?! or is there one on here already somewhere?!

sorry to bust in on you hurlers, i know how touchy ye can be with the footballers  :P

youbetterbelieveit

yep definitely good to see the majority of clubs in the province getting involved.

Bacon

Like you Lecale I'm surprised Kilclief didn't enter. It would be an ideal competition for them. Liatroim & Ballela struggle to field in the Down league because of small numbers so they are probably right not to take on more fixtures at this stage.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

youbetterbelieveit

besides the Down teams mentioned above, is there any other clubs not in attendance?

Lecale2

Slim - it's on the Ulster Council web site and was E Mailed to clubs.

SlimShady

cheers Lecale, still no word on the football one though  >:(

Bacon

There's a few of the weaker Antrim clubs missing - Larne, Mitchels, Davitts, St Agnes', Eir Og, Clooney Gaels. Maybe more than that. I'm surprised at Clooney Gaels.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

SlimShady

sure Clooney are still in the IHC and are preparing for that- training flat out round our place anyway! Even New Years Eve!!!

Colonel Cool

Good to see Dunloy, St Galls and Sarsfields on board. The lack of games in the Antrim league has moved this competition up the pecking order for the stronger clubs. It worked well in Div 2 and Div 3 last year and suspect Div 1 will be all the better in the coming year for the addition of those 3.
Another thing, the seedings will be better this year. Some clubs were clearly out of their Dept and I assume Frankie will take the opportunity to re-grade them. I've also heard that there are to be 4 Divisions rather than the 3 they had last year. Again this will, help ensure that each club gets competition of an appropriate level.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Guillem2

Clooney are preparing for their All Ireland JHC semi final. But there's no reason why that should stop them, entering the UHL. The JHC final will be well out of the way before the Ulster league gets started. I think this competition will go from strenght to strenght and it is good to see Galls and Dunloy in it this time round. The more matches clubs get during the good weather the better IMO.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

any clooney gaels on the site? we are currently looking to have pre season games with any teams from mid january right through. hurling of course

nrico2006

Try mailing John at info@jfriel.com.  Im sure he will sort you out with a friendly for Clooney Gaels.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Sky Blue