Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: theskull1 on July 24, 2014, 12:18:37 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 23, 2014, 10:38:16 PM

Garth did nothing wrong. If he was a greedy bollocks he would have done the 3 and not give a f**k about the other 160,000. Garth s done us a favour but we ll probably never learn to help ourselves.

He played a high risk strategy to attempt to get his way for all 5 and it backfired

Absolutely. But it backfired on us!!!
How don t people get it?
GAA were stupid to develop this location. The stadium is not wanted there. A lot of people do well from crowds attending matches there year in year out and then this shit happens. The only place that this gig might have been rejected is where Croke Park is built. Hello! I d never have been in that place unless CP was there. Local businesses have a facility there that the rest of the country could only dream of, yet it cant be used. People need to catch a grip ffs.

Garth Brookes taught us a lesson that we probably wont learn. He didn t need any two extra gigs. He doesn t need any gigs if he doesn t want to do them. Dublin needed those gigs though and the sight of Keegan playing hard ball and thinking he was offering a solution that was reasonable was risible. He knew when he made the 3 concert proposal that he had shafted the event.

Garth will still eat as much steak as often as he wants as long as he can. Anybody those that that this is a blow financially is cuckoo. He s probably richer than most counties outside the pale put together :D.

Forget about Brooks - the same issues would arise with any act that was that popular. The location of the stadium is the problem. If the GAA could they would dismantle and relocate CP in a location where they could use it. 

muppet

Quote from: moysider on July 24, 2014, 01:10:56 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on July 24, 2014, 12:18:37 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 23, 2014, 10:38:16 PM

Garth did nothing wrong. If he was a greedy bollocks he would have done the 3 and not give a f**k about the other 160,000. Garth s done us a favour but we ll probably never learn to help ourselves.

He played a high risk strategy to attempt to get his way for all 5 and it backfired

Absolutely. But it backfired on us!!!
How don t people get it?
GAA were stupid to develop this location. The stadium is not wanted there. A lot of people do well from crowds attending matches there year in year out and then this shit happens. The only place that this gig might have been rejected is where Croke Park is built. Hello! I d never have been in that place unless CP was there. Local businesses have a facility there that the rest of the country could only dream of, yet it cant be used. People need to catch a grip ffs.

Garth Brookes taught us a lesson that we probably wont lesson. He didn t need any two extra gigs. He doesn t need any gigs if he doesn t want to do them. Dublin needed those gigs though and the sight of Keegan playing hard ball and thinking he was offering a solution that was reasonable was risible. He knew when he made the 3 concert proposal that he had shafted the event.

Garth will still eat as much steak as often as he wants as long as he can. Anybody those that that this is a blow financially is cuckoo. He s probably richer than most counties outside the pale put together :D.

If you are still on the beer, I'll come and buy you one.  :P
MWWSI 2017

WT4E

When the idea was first floated to me about going to Garth Brooks I was indifferent.

Then I got excited about going because I do like his music and a lot of friends were going.

Once the whole will he wont he thing started I kept a good interest at the start but then got sick of it and glad it was all called off.

Then this morning (suppose to go tonight) I was listening to low places on Today FM and considering the weather I really wish it was on.

SAD really! It really is a pity it wasn't still on.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Under Lights

I put on a GB CD at work today as half the office were to attend the concerts this weekend.

Hereiam

With this weather it would have been some opening nite. My god but Ireland cant not help but shoot itself in the foot.

mc_grens

EC Unique

Brooks said it's my way or no way. He stuck to his guns. Fair play to him. Bigger balls than any of those fools in Dublin.
#laughingstockireland

thebigfella

The missus summed it up this morning, "Thank fcuk we can go out this weekend without having to put up with dirty whinging redneck cnuts. Just think of the bullet they dodged. Sure they couldn't have a good time; with all the giving out about the price of drink, queue for the toilets, cost of hotels, topped off with the usual rip off Ireland hashtag".

Her words  :D but after the laughable sh1te over various people expecting ticketmaster to compensate  the exchange rate difference I think she has a point. It's the same any event on in Dublin we have friends at; a complete crying match over money.

thebigfella

The only people who think Ireland is a laughing stock and think this is anyway is news outside of Ireland is garth brooks fans. It's not...... It maybe unbelievable to their tiny minds but no one gives a fcuk.

screenexile

Quote from: thebigfella on July 25, 2014, 11:56:07 AM
The only people who think Ireland is a laughing stock and think this is anyway is news outside of Ireland is garth brooks fans. It's not...... It maybe unbelievable to their tiny minds but no one gives a fcuk.

Post of the week by far!!

Hereiam

Bigfella I would say you would have been on here crying if this had of happened to the one direction concerts  ;D

Syferus

It always amazes me that people who attack other people so venously have so little perspective about how they themselves look.

Big, clever or funny it ain't. You've just managed to put yourself bellow any Brooks fan.

moysider

Quote from: thebigfella on July 25, 2014, 11:52:19 AM
The missus summed it up this morning, "Thank fcuk we can go out this weekend without having to put up with dirty whinging redneck cnuts. Just think of the bullet they dodged. Sure they couldn't have a good time; with all the giving out about the price of drink, queue for the toilets, cost of hotels, topped off with the usual rip off Ireland hashtag".

Her words  :D but after the laughable sh1te over various people expecting ticketmaster to compensate  the exchange rate difference I think she has a point. It's the same any event on in Dublin we have friends at; a complete crying match over money.

Your missus sounds like a real classy bord.