Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

How many times can the hoor cancel the same concerts! What a pile of poo on his statement about his Mom

Bensars

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2014, 10:10:05 PM
All I see is my mother's face......

Sweet lord. What a total walt.

Still funny though.

FWIW, it's not off til Paul the Octopus, sorry, EC Unique confirms it.

Or when Orangeman cuts and pastes from the BBC website. I won't believe it until he highlights it in bold !

orangeman

Quote from: Bensars on July 14, 2014, 10:34:05 PM

Still funny though.

Or when Orangeman cuts and pastes from the BBC website. I won't believe it until he highlights it in bold !

I'm still hoping he does the 5 so I'm not for doing that. And definitely not in bold. It would be the final nail in the coffin for the Tyrone fans.

Wildweasel74

can someone remind me now why exactly Garth brooks could not go ahead with 3 shows, what exact reasonable reason did he give for 5 concerts and not 3

orangeman

Still funny though.

"I love you, always have, always will,"  Garth statement to his loyal Tyrone following.

ONeill

I don't think he could be bothered coming over.

Or maybe it's a bigger plan. He comes over in 2015 and 3 million go.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2014, 11:10:01 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 14, 2014, 10:58:32 PM
can someone remind me now why exactly Garth brooks could not go ahead with 3 shows, what exactly reasonable reason did he give for 5 concerts and not 3
I cannot understand that at all. The only two answers I've heard are:
1) he's a man of great principle...........ahem, ask the ex wife.
2) it would be like picking between your children.

Honestly, I think he's a greedy ballix who tried brinkmanship to bully his way to the 5 nights.
It's kind of difficult to overturn an analogy of choosing between children.
As Dara O'Briain has pointed out, Garth Brooks thinks that the solution to choosing between your children is to let them all die.

Clinker

This is bad. Catholic Church are gone. Fianna Fáil are coiling up from their damaging record. Fine Gael are woeful. We were in a position to reap the rewards and the people would reward us with their money. Why can the GAA not create a new money rules all society with the mugs at the bottom being volunteers for the greater good?

The residents around Casement Park were offered over one and a half million between themselves but they have refused that money.
(and that figure is correct - house to house  according to illegal boundary intrusions involving lack of light)

What sort of people would bring us to court over being locked down for five days in their homes?
Why would Belfast Irish people bring us to court when we are doing so much for society?
Why would these Belfast eejits refuse money in exchange for the lives that they know now when we can give them more?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Some classic stuff here. Regardless of how much you hate him, and I detest him, fact is that the country and the GAA, the organisation most of us are members of, have lost a lot of money. Reminds me of the time The Beatles Apple Boutique went bust and the Fab Four were allowed their pick of the clothes the night before it closed.  Their biographer wrote -  they gleefully went through the stuff, picking out what they wanted, as if it was coming for free. They didn't seem to appreciate for one moment that the stuff had been bought with their own money in the first place

Aaron Boone

3 extra Brooks gigs were on the table for Oct in addition to the 3 allowed later this month. What Garth couldn't get his head around was why the original Dublin CC decision was irreversible, despite 40% of original objections now deemed questionable.

The man who made that decision, Owen Keegan, is before one of the Dail committees today.

johnneycool

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on July 15, 2014, 04:15:03 AM
Some classic stuff here. Regardless of how much you hate him, and I detest him, fact is that the country and the GAA, the organisation most of us are members of, have lost a lot of money. Reminds me of the time The Beatles Apple Boutique went bust and the Fab Four were allowed their pick of the clothes the night before it closed.  Their biographer wrote -  they gleefully went through the stuff, picking out what they wanted, as if it was coming for free. They didn't seem to appreciate for one moment that the stuff had been bought with their own money in the first place

The GAA, Aiken and Co tried a bit of brinksmanship with this and got burned and IMO rightly so. They knew they were only allowed three gigs in the year as part of the initial planning application for the redevelopment and with 1D already having played, they pushed for two, then three and the straw that broke the camels back was the additional fourth and fifth gigs.
Greed, pure and simple.
Mr McKenna needs a boot up the hole for bringing the whole association into disrepute. As much as revenue is a basic need for the GAA, we need to have some sort of boundaries of decency and ethics which are not breached in the pursuit of it.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 15, 2014, 12:07:47 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2014, 11:10:01 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 14, 2014, 10:58:32 PM
can someone remind me now why exactly Garth brooks could not go ahead with 3 shows, what exactly reasonable reason did he give for 5 concerts and not 3
I cannot understand that at all. The only two answers I've heard are:
1) he's a man of great principle...........ahem, ask the ex wife.
2) it would be like picking between your children.

Honestly, I think he's a greedy ballix who tried brinkmanship to bully his way to the 5 nights.
It's kind of difficult to overturn an analogy of choosing between children.
As Dara O'Briain has pointed out, Garth Brooks thinks that the solution to choosing between your children is to let them all die.

The irony is he has 3 children so he could have picked them all
Hasta la victoria siempre

Bensars

Refreshing to see on many levels that the rule was upheld irrespective of the money involved.

As for Brooks , he is in my opinion a bullsh*t artist and the press conferences proved this. He has no care or "love" for the people of Ireland. This is a simple case of a star used to getting their own way, throwing the toys out of the pram. If he has so much concern and "love" for the fans, let him foot the bill for those out of pocket on hotel deposits, airline costs etc.

The more this has gone, Brooks has become more transparent as a petulant superstar having a tantrum

Syferus

On the (second) Westport-Dublin train. Usually not this wedged unless the Rhubarbs are going up to Croker for a hiding. Just a random Tuesday in July and it's filled with tourists.

It's easy to forget what a magnet our island is for holiday makers.

Anything that harms our international reputation for travellers - a nice chunk of the Brooks tickets were foreign sales by all accounts - is no laughing matter. Too much at stake.