Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2014, 09:21:35 AM
Where are we with this now? All gone very quiet.

I imagine the refunding process would have to be well under way at this stage??

Or is there another episode of Garth's "muscle flexing" due soon, EC?

I think you are just slightly obsessed with this. You need to step back a bit for the good of hour health.

I would be surprised if brooks does not get to play. I would imagine deals are being hammered out as we speak. I hope so as too much money is to be lost for the sake of a few residents.

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on July 12, 2014, 10:42:09 AM

Tuesday. That's basically the deadline to sort it out one way or the other. To be honest, I don't care if it goes ahead any more.
A lot of people saying that. Suggests a fairly fickle bunch who got caught up in the hype, rather than being actual fans of the music.

balladmaker

QuoteAre you serious? I must get my mother to open up her house as a b&b to help cope with the hoards of tourists after Garth decrees Ireland as a good place to visit.

Yes on both counts ... Yes, I'm serious, and yes, get your mother to open a B&B.

You can start with the 70,000 additional visitors his shows alone were/are bringing to Ireland, then when the TV special goes out in the US, and he's sitting at the Cliffs of Moher singing a song, and down in a Dingle pub doing the same, and Slea Head, and around Dublin ... A lot more will put Ireland on their travel plans, it's known as marketing, it works.  Brooks was to stay in Ireland into August to record at locations around the country.

ballinaman

Quote from: balladmaker on July 12, 2014, 01:06:44 PM
QuoteAre you serious? I must get my mother to open up her house as a b&b to help cope with the hoards of tourists after Garth decrees Ireland as a good place to visit.

Yes on both counts ... Yes, I'm serious, and yes, get your mother to open a B&B.

You can start with the 70,000 additional visitors his shows alone were/are bringing to Ireland, then when the TV special goes out in the US, and he's sitting at the Cliffs of Moher singing a song, and down in a Dingle pub doing the same, and Slea Head, and around Dublin ... A lot more will put Ireland on their travel plans, it's known as marketing, it works.  Brooks was to stay in Ireland into August to record at locations around the country.
When will he be sitting on the edge of the cliffs of Moher?

Asking for a friend.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 12, 2014, 01:02:20 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 12, 2014, 10:42:09 AM

Tuesday. That's basically the deadline to sort it out one way or the other. To be honest, I don't care if it goes ahead any more.
A lot of people saying that. Suggests a fairly fickle bunch who got caught up in the hype, rather than being actual fans of the music.

Hardly.
Testing Accessibility

Zip Code

Hardly! - most who bought tickets probably never heard of the man.

ziggysego

Quote from: Zip Code on July 12, 2014, 02:59:59 PM
Hardly! - most who bought tickets probably never heard of the man.

I'm a fan, have been since my young days. Saw Garth in the Kings Hall in 1997. Fantastic show. This whole PR disaster and cringey stage-managed live feed by Garth on Thursday has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Testing Accessibility

under the bar

90% of the tickets for the first 3 shows were bought by touts to resell on eBay and the likes.   The South Derry wans are shameless about selling tickets in the paper at 5 times their face value so expect a few cars burned out over the coming weeks if refunds aren't forthcoming?!

ONeill

Quote from: under the bar on July 12, 2014, 03:23:23 PM
90% of the tickets for the first 3 shows were bought by touts to resell on eBay and the likes.   The South Derry wans are shameless about selling tickets in the paper at 5 times their face value so expect a few cars burned out over the coming weeks if refunds aren't forthcoming?!

90%?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

5 concerts are not going ahead!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

muppet

Quote from: Gaffer on July 14, 2014, 07:51:12 PM
5 concerts are going ahead!!!

I heard he now has asked for 6.

Pity he wasn't here when Lenihan & Cowan capitulated to Trichet.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Captain Obvious