Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

This reminds me of Saipan. The great thing about this compared to Saipan is I am emotionally detached! I am enjoying watching the big wigs squirm to try and get their golden goose to lay the Golden eggs. The longer this drags out the the more we see the real greed of the corporate music industry surface. Most people (fans) I have talked to say the good has been taken out of the whole event weather it goes ahead or not.

Hereiam

I will say it again. Give us our money back. These concerts are gone and so is any good that would have come from them.
Ireland = a country that has not the cabability to rule itself and is destant for failure as a nation.
People may laugh an say it is only a music concert but if you stand back and look at it, this shambles has all the ingredients that fcuked this country
- greed
- lies
- poor management

Lets just draw a line under it and we can all go a see Tyrone lift sam in September.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2014, 11:35:54 PM
Can't wait til this all comes to Casement.

Although we've already had the greed, lies and poor management there.
With Nathan Carter.

BennyCake

I can't help thinking about those eejits that queued for tickets for 5 days. Feckin' mental behaviour. It's good enough for them.

clarshack

I have 2 tickets for the sunday show but at this stage i just want the money back. I'd say a lot of people now feel like this.

rrhf

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2014, 10:37:51 PM
"If there is anyone in Ireland who is feeling sad about this, you're not 1 billionth as sad as me. I'm the real loser in this."

He's like a country & western Pastor McConnell.
You are full of crap but that is my post of the week. We'll done.

Sidney

GB Loyalists planning July 12th protest march and call for Obama to launch drone strikes against Croke Park residents

July 11th, 2014

The newly formed "GB Loyalists" group has announced it is to stage a march in protest against the cancellation of five Croke Park concerts by US country music star, Garth Brooks. The route of the march, to take place on Saturday July 12th, includes Jones' Road and Clonliffe Road before finishing at Drumcondra Church. However the Croke Park Area Residents Association says that the local community is completely opposed to the march and will block the route.

Proximity talks between the residents  and the GB Loyalists broke down last night after a planned compromise to let the march go ahead without music was rejected by both sides. 

GB Loyalists' Grand Master Johnnie O'Dare was emphatic that the march would go ahead. "We will march down Jones' Road to Drumcondra Church on Saturday, and if they try and stop us we'll stay here until Christmas if we have to."

"There's no fookin' way this march is gettin' through", said Residents Association chairman Alser O'Toole last night. "Years ago the Loyalists tried to march down Garvaghy Road - well this is Garth-vaghy Road as far as we're concerned. We have to live here. We don't want them marching down our streets dressed in their stetson hats and playing their poxy country and western music. It's the children I'm thinking of most, here.  This type of thing can be very damaging to them, inthebleedinanyways."

In a dramatic escalation of the stakes yesterday, O'Dare contacted the White House to try and get US President Barack Obama to intervene in the dispute, and called for tough action to be taken against the residents. "The time for talking is over. The people of this country want action. The people of this country will fight  and the people of this country will be right.  It's time for drone strikes against the residents."

O'Toole responded to O'Dare's incendiary comments. "Have ya ever heard a Garth Brooks song? Drone is fuckin' right! These concerts will be like five fookin' massive drone strikes against the whole fookin' area."

When asked if getting Barack Obama  involved would be a massive waste of the US President's time, at a moment of crisis in both the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and Iraq, as Islamic fundamentalists establish control over large areas of the country, O'Dare was firm. "Sure nobody cares about the f**king Middle East. Look it. It's like this. People can complain all they want about shutting down hospitals, cutting allowances for carers and special needs assistants, the unemployment, banks  pissing 100 billion quid of public money down the toilet. At the end of the day, nobody really cares about these things. Nobody protests. The Garth Brooks concerts - now there's something that people really care about and are willing to protest about.  People in Roscommon might complain about Enda Kenny shutting down A&E facilities in Roscommon hospital, but if he can get these concerts to go ahead, he'll be a hero there forever."

O'Dare was emphatic in his view that the both the July 12th march and the concerts must go ahead. "The people of this country have suffered many great historical injustices over the years. The Saipan affair, the Thierry Henry handball, Mary Byrne being voted off X-Factor, Brian O'Driscoll being dropped by the British Loins, the GAA selling rights to Sky, and now this, the biggest injustice of them all. We cannot let this happen. We will march. We will protest.  We will flood Liveline with calls every day. We will fight for our country (music). We will never surrender. Yeehaw."

Gardai have drafted in extra reserves for an expected clash on Saturday, and will use riot shields and water cannons if necessary.

Dublin today braces itself for what could well be a tempestuous 12th of July.

Corner Forward

Quote from: Sidney on July 11, 2014, 01:42:40 AM
GB Loyalists planning July 12th protest march and call for Obama to launch drone strikes against Croke Park residents

July 11th, 2014

The newly formed "GB Loyalists" group has announced it is to stage a march in protest against the cancellation of five Croke Park concerts by US country music star, Garth Brooks. The route of the march, to take place on Saturday July 12th, includes Jones' Road and Clonliffe Road before finishing at Drumcondra Church. However the Croke Park Area Residents Association says that the local community is completely opposed to the march and will block the route.

Proximity talks between the residents  and the GB Loyalists broke down last night after a planned compromise to let the march go ahead without music was rejected by both sides. 

GB Loyalists' Grand Master Johnnie O'Dare was emphatic that the march would go ahead. "We will march down Jones' Road to Drumcondra Church on Saturday, and if they try and stop us we'll stay here until Christmas if we have to."

"There's no fookin' way this march is gettin' through", said Residents Association chairman Alser O'Toole last night. "Years ago the Loyalists tried to march down Garvaghy Road - well this is Garth-vaghy Road as far as we're concerned. We have to live here. We don't want them marching down our streets dressed in their stetson hats and playing their poxy country and western music. It's the children I'm thinking of most, here.  This type of thing can be very damaging to them, inthebleedinanyways."

In a dramatic escalation of the stakes yesterday, O'Dare contacted the White House to try and get US President Barack Obama to intervene in the dispute, and called for tough action to be taken against the residents. "The time for talking is over. The people of this country want action. The people of this country will fight  and the people of this country will be right.  It's time for drone strikes against the residents."

O'Toole responded to O'Dare's incendiary comments. "Have ya ever heard a Garth Brooks song? Drone is fuckin' right! These concerts will be like five fookin' massive drone strikes against the whole fookin' area."

When asked if getting Barack Obama  involved would be a massive waste of the US President's time, at a moment of crisis in both the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and Iraq, as Islamic fundamentalists establish control over large areas of the country, O'Dare was firm. "Sure nobody cares about the f**king Middle East. Look it. It's like this. People can complain all they want about shutting down hospitals, cutting allowances for carers and special needs assistants, the unemployment, banks  pissing 100 billion quid of public money down the toilet. At the end of the day, nobody really cares about these things. Nobody protests. The Garth Brooks concerts - now there's something that people really care about and are willing to protest about.  People in Roscommon might complain about Enda Kenny shutting down A&E facilities in Roscommon hospital, but if he can get these concerts to go ahead, he'll be a hero there forever."

O'Dare was emphatic in his view that the both the July 12th march and the concerts must go ahead. "The people of this country have suffered many great historical injustices over the years. The Saipan affair, the Thierry Henry handball, Mary Byrne being voted off X-Factor, Brian O'Driscoll being dropped by the British Loins, the GAA selling rights to Sky, and now this, the biggest injustice of them all. We cannot let this happen. We will march. We will protest.  We will flood Liveline with calls every day. We will fight for our country (music). We will never surrender. Yeehaw."

Gardai have drafted in extra reserves for an expected clash on Saturday, and will use riot shields and water cannons if necessary.

Dublin today braces itself for what could well be a tempestuous 12th of July.

Pure Gold...

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2014, 11:35:54 PM
Can't wait til this all comes to Casement.

Although we've already had the greed, lies and poor management there.
You'll not have to wait that long. Kaiser Chiefs play Falls Park on 9 August. Hope to be there

bcarrier

This one will run and run now.

Change in Aiken's language. They did get all 5 concerts licensed. 

The case for Aiken : Brooks "rejected" a deal to play all 5.

Brooks defence : The "set was designed for night time performances".

Maybe he will be biggest loser yet  ;).

highorlow

This saga and brooks behaviour is getting bizarre. Something odd now about the whole thing. If it's drama he wanted for the movie (I believe) he is shooting then he has got it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: hardstation on July 11, 2014, 08:55:31 AM
Feile has been run quite well actually.
And always a right few free tickets knocking about.
:)
Where's the best place to go looking for them

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Actually, on second thoughts, forget I said that

Under Lights

What's your favourite Meatloaf song?

ballinaman

Lad pissed on the way home last night about 2am shouting/singing ...."There's only one Garth Brooks....There's only one Garth Brooks". Lovely voice too...a lot like Celine Dion

haha... ;D ;D ;D