Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Fecking disgrace.
I think everyone should just turn up on the Monday and Tuesday night anyway just to piss the residents off.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

I blame the Dubs.

If they took leave of Croke Park and played a few feckin games down the bog then the residents may not have had such a hump.

deiseach

laoislad has been arrested for taking a dump in the garden of one of the residents around Croke Park. When it was put to him that this was an extreme way of protesting at the cancelled Garth Brooks concerts, he replied "there's a protest?"

Premier Emperor

I presume the locals have lost on their big pay off and free tickets to tout now?

Asal Mor

Quote from: deiseach on July 03, 2014, 02:17:15 PM
laoislad has been arrested for taking a dump in the garden of one of the residents around Croke Park. When it was put to him that this was an extreme way of protesting at the cancelled Garth Brooks concerts, he replied "there's a protest?"

;D

balladmaker

Premium tickets for the 3 nights are still on sale via Ticketmaster, just in case you're after some ;-)

Under Lights

Can we start having a few hard luck stories in here soon?
I want to hear about people who missed out on the early shows- particularly people sat out in queues- the sorrow they felt when they didnt get them- then the new announcement- prayers answered- got them. Now this. Might get you a spot on the x-factor.

From the Bunker

thebigfella

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 03, 2014, 02:21:26 PM
I presume the locals have lost on their big pay off and free tickets to tout now?

The residents don't get tickets. A small amount are allocated to residents association which then are allocated through a lottery.

I hope the council stick to the decision now. All joking aside the residents are right to be completely fcuked off at 5 nights in a row of all the disruptions.

deiseach

WT4E

Quote from: thebigfella on July 03, 2014, 02:46:10 PM

The residents don't get tickets. A small amount are allocated to residents association which then are allocated through a lottery.

I hope the council stick to the decision now. All joking aside the residents are right to be completely fcuked off at 5 nights in a row of all the disruptions.

Well I know of someone who was just working in the area and she was there the week before the 1D concert and a relations popped in to the shop and offered her as many tickets as they wanted (within reason). She had a book of them just giving them out to keep people sweet!

ballinaman

Quote from: WT4E on July 03, 2014, 02:59:26 PM

Well I know of someone who was just working in the area and she was there the week before the 1D concert and a relations popped in to the shop and offered her as many tickets as they wanted (within reason). She had a book of them just giving them out to keep people sweet!

deiseach

Quote from: ballinaman on July 03, 2014, 03:03:14 PM

Yeah, that story does have echoes of those tales of asylum seekers buying cars using health board cheques!

thebigfella

Aren't you great.......  ::)

As I say you are not guaranteed tickets for living in the area. The tickets are allocated to the residents association and even then it less than the number of members.

thebigfella

Quote from: deiseach on July 03, 2014, 03:07:38 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 03, 2014, 03:03:14 PM

Yeah, that story does have echoes of those tales of asylum seekers buying cars using health board cheques!

Yep it's sounds like pure lies.