Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 06, 2014, 10:28:03 AM
God help the residents of the area.

I am thinking of World War Z and the redneck/culchie invasion on the poor residents over 5 days.
Ah the poor residents.  Imagine buying a house beside one of the biggest stadiums in Europe then finding out the stadium is actually going to be used to host events!
Won't somebody please think of the children.
Anyway it's not like the Dubs are playing there 5 nights in a row, the crowd at the concerts should all be respectable enough.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

orangeman

Croke Park residents could learn Casement Park folk a thing or two about protesting.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: give her dixie on February 06, 2014, 07:14:26 PM
Residents considering legal action over the amount of concerts taking place this year at Croke Park

http://www.98fm.com/Residents-Could-Launch-Action-Over-Brooks-Gigs

What next, residents in country houses to consider legal action over the smell of slurry?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Syferus on February 06, 2014, 10:54:20 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on February 06, 2014, 07:14:26 PM
Residents considering legal action over the amount of concerts taking place this year at Croke Park

http://www.98fm.com/Residents-Could-Launch-Action-Over-Brooks-Gigs

What a load of tools.

In fairness, it's one thing to expect a few games over the summer--but having to put up with Brooks is another thing entirely.

EC Unique

If lived there I would have a container load of big yeehaa hats ordered in from China and cash in on the fools.

5 Sams

Quote from: EC Unique on February 07, 2014, 10:21:23 AM
If lived there I would have a container load of big yeehaa hats ordered in from China and cash in on the fools.

No call to live there....just sit at the Ballygawley roundabout.
The Aristocrat Years

AZOffaly

Why are they fools? Because they like Garth Brooks? I don't call that a fool, I call that having different taste. People would want to get over themselves I think.

supersarsfields

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 07, 2014, 10:31:48 AM
Why are they fools? Because they like Garth Brooks? I don't call that a fool, I call that having different taste. People would want to get over themselves I think.

Too fecking right. The music snobbery on here is laughable.

BennyCake

Apparently 7% of Irish people now have tickets. Or in simpler terms, 98% of Tyrone have tickets.

Where exactly is Garth Brooks playing as part of his world tour? Croke Park and Inbred Redneck states in America?

EC Unique

Liking Garth Brooks? No problem.

Standing outside music shops for 2 or 3 days in a line? Fools.

Giving touts 3 and 4 times the face value? Fools.

Paying 3 times the rate for an average hotel room? Fools.

AZOffaly

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on February 06, 2014, 09:20:20 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 06, 2014, 10:28:03 AM
God help the residents of the area.

I am thinking of World War Z and the redneck/culchie invasion on the poor residents over 5 days.
Ah the poor residents.  Imagine buying a house beside one of the biggest stadiums in Europe then finding out the stadium is actually going to be used to host events!
Won't somebody please think of the children.
Anyway it's not like the Dubs are playing there 5 nights in a row, the crowd at the concerts should all be respectable enough.
I live inside the security cordon and it's going to be a pain the balls on the Monday and Tuesday getting home from work. Not bothered about the weekend. May take a weeks holidays...people get a fair bit more pissed going to concerts than GAA games I reckon.

Cold tea

Quote from: EC Unique on February 07, 2014, 01:31:29 PM

Liking Garth Brooks? No problem.

Standing outside music shops for 2 or 3 days in a line? Fools.

Giving touts 3 and 4 times the face value? Fools.

Paying 3 times the rate for an average hotel room? Fools.

It's people having a bit of craic ffs.